• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it was a big risk that could have gone horribly wrong and turned out to be a genius move.

I really don't think it was that big a risk to be honest and neither do I think it was that genius.

We had an extremely hard working, hard running player who is very robust playing on the wing but who was only okay at crossing and who saw himself as a CM.

None of james milners ex managers did it so it cant have been that obvious. And it wasnt obvious to me.

To address your point though, some of the most genius ideas evere are those that are so simple. And while MON is moving players around and those players are suddenly scoring more than double their previous goals total, then he will be certainly be getting credit from me. And while it would be painful, it would be interesting to see the reaction of villa fans had it not worked.

Actually it was a big risk that could have gone horribly wrong and turned out to be a genius move.

I really don't think it was that big a risk to be honest and neither do I think it was that genius.

We had an extremely hard working, hard running player who is very robust playing on the wing but who was only okay at crossing and who saw himself as a CM.

Have to disagree with this mate, IMO JM is by far the best crosser of a ball that we have at the club.

He isn't even the 2nd best.

And while MON is moving players around and those players are suddenly scoring more than double their previous goals total, then he will be certainly be getting credit from me.

How many times do I have to repeat myself? I do give him credit for moving him.

One small hole in your theory, they have been trying for months to have contract talks with him to extend his stay. Hardly the sign of trying to push him out the door.

I'm not sure they have you know.

Earlier in the year the club said they'd like to talk about a contract with him, then said they'd like to delay it until the summer as the season wasn't the right time to do it. Then the speculation arrived and we said we'd leave it until after the world cup. I'm not sure there have actually been any talks.

No there haven't been any, that is why I said the club have been trying to have talks.

The fact talks haven't taken place isn't I understand down to the club.

Fair enough, I wondered if they've been trying to have talks or trying to look like they've been having talks - could be either I guess.

And while MON is moving players around and those players are suddenly scoring more than double their previous goals total, then he will be certainly be getting credit from me.

How many times do I have to repeat myself? I do give him credit for moving him.

Apologies - should have said - 'a lot of credit'

I'm with you Trent. The much bigger risk was leaving Sidwell in there as our attacking CM'er!!

None of james milners ex managers did it so it cant have been that obvious. And it wasnt obvious to me.

To address your point though, some of the most genius ideas evere are those that are so simple. And while MON is moving players around and those players are suddenly scoring more than double their previous goals total, then he will be certainly be getting credit from me. And while it would be painful, it would be interesting to see the reaction of villa fans had it not worked.

Jimmy also played as sort of an Attacking mid for Newcastle in the past and did very well so i don't think it was that genius. Alot of us on here also said we thought he would be good in the middle just based on the attributes we saw in him. Are we also geniuses like MON? Only difference is MON is the manager and could actually sanction it.

One small hole in your theory, they have been trying for months to have contract talks with him to extend his stay. Hardly the sign of trying to push him out the door.

I'm not sure they have you know.

Earlier in the year the club said they'd like to talk about a contract with him, then said they'd like to delay it until the summer as the season wasn't the right time to do it. Then the speculation arrived and we said we'd leave it until after the world cup. I'm not sure there have actually been any talks.

No there haven't been any, that is why I said the club have been trying to have talks.

The fact talks haven't taken place isn't I understand down to the club.

Fair enough, I wondered if they've been trying to have talks or trying to look like they've been having talks - could be either I guess.

Surely the talks if they are going to happen, will happen when he gets back from holiday?

youngs croosing the last couple of seasons has been poor IMO. after he has spent 5mins dancing with defenders the opposition have 6 guys behind the ball and the cross comes to nothing. Jm (again just my opinion) is far more dangerous.

Surely the talks if they are going to happen, will happen when he gets back from holiday?

Well hopefully so Woody, the frustration for me is that they didn't happen in January. That seems to me to be a sensible time for them to happen, for Ashley Young too and a couple of others, we're now in a position where our squad might fall apart because we've allowed too many contracts to get too short.

Its blatently obvious Milner doesn't want to have talks, first they were supposed to take place at the end of the season, then before the World Cup, then after and now when he returns. Obviously he is stalling to see what clubs came in for him, but i've said it before Villa have showed him nothing that they mean business for this coming season, we've got a new sponsor though Jimmy and some squares on our kit!

youngs croosing the last couple of seasons has been poor IMO. after he has spent 5mins dancing with defenders the opposition have 6 guys behind the ball and the cross comes to nothing. Jm (again just my opinion) is far more dangerous.

Ive said it before. Ash Young is the best crosser in the premiership for me. They just look shite as our strikers have the killer instinct of a pea

Well hopefully so Woody, the frustration for me is that they didn't happen in January. That seems to me to be a sensible time for them to happen, for Ashley Young too and a couple of others, we're now in a position where our squad might fall apart because we've allowed too many contracts to get too short.

That seems to be a real concern. Every year a different player seems to be due a new contract and positive noises come out that they are willing to talk, yet the response always seems to be .. wait until the summer.

I know MON probably wants to just concentrate on playing matters in the season however as in the Milner issue we have not been able to talk to him properly as yet and letting the vultures make their move.

Ive said it before. Ash Young is the best crosser in the premiership for me. They just look shite as our strikers have the killer instinct of a pea

completely agree, best crosser in the prem. Take away penalties and Young and Milner i dont think were very far apart in terms of goals and assists last season.

completely agree, best crosser in the prem. Take away penalties and Young and Milner i dont think were very far apart in terms of goals and assists last season.

Thats because the strikers arent supposed to be behind the goal line, or close to the stands. :winkold: