• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the welcome. Damocles is a very respected poster on Bluemoon and seems like a really good guy with balanced opinions. I lurk more than I post on Bluemoon. I really don't think city fans are all comfortable in their new rich skins at the moment and it will take time to become more so. I am 40 so have seen a right load of ***t!lol. We have as a group that gallows humour and suddenly to have all this cash is a little un-nerving. To think a couple of years ago I was excited then deflated when Mido was going to then didn't sign on a loan deal! Now we are signing Tevez and David Silva! Just think for a minute how you would feel react if it was happening to the Villa?

I am a romantic and long for the days when you could build a team without spending millions and any team from say 10 could win our top league. Unfortunately the reality now is a million miles from that. Money is the

driver and has been ever since the mega tv deals from Sky started. The Sky 4 have dominated too long, time for one or two to moveover! Hopefully it will be the scum who slide - it won't be this season but the one after maybe.

Villa is my Derby game btw because of family and where I live! United is just a big game to me.

Love Jimmy and think he had a great last season BUT struggling to see why you would pay £30m for Milner when Ozil is supposedly available for £25m unless it is just down to the english player requirement.

According to Tribal Football, Milner is waiting until the 25th to decide his future.

So another two weeks of this yet :(

Tribal football is basically where anyone can make stuff up isn't it?

I read this is a couple of other places to, although I can't remember what they were to see if they were any more credible. Evidently all that time sat alone in his room (which is what we're led to believe the England team were forced to do over in SA) would have been enough time to think.

Like I've said all along, 20 plus Ireland please.

I don't understand Man City though, they don't need anybody else! If they can't realize that then they need smackin'. Wasting money on player 'X', player 'Y' and player 'Z'. The midfield is absolutely rammed and I don't believe they know the quality they have. Stephen Ireland for example? He was a great player before new signings got piled up on him. Shaun Wright Phillips on his day is also a good player. Honestly these guys are gonna have to go somewhere if they pull Milner in because they won't even be making the bench...

Love Jimmy and think he had a great last season BUT struggling to see why you would pay £30m for Milner when Ozil is supposedly available for £25m unless it is just down to the english player requirement.

They want him because it will weaken our team if he goes there.

Right now we are among a group of teams capable of challenging for the 4th spot. So is Spurs, Liverpool and Man City, and maybe Everton as well.

So they want him for two reasons, one is to weaken the competition for their "next step", which is Champions League qualification. Second is the player himself. He is good enough to get in their team, but with unlimited cash available, there are better players than Milner. I doubt they would be interested if he weren't playing for us, but for, let's say, Fulham instead. I think it was something similar that Liverpool tried to achieve when they were chasing Barry.

Does that kind of strategy work? Ask Newcastle if they think selling Andy Cole to Man United was a good idea. At the time they sold him, they were among the top teams, just a few points behind United. They finished 18 points behind United that season, after selling Andy Cole to them in January.

Thanks for the welcome. Damocles is a very respected poster on Bluemoon and seems like a really good guy with balanced opinions. I lurk more than I post on Bluemoon. I really don't think city fans are all comfortable in their new rich skins at the moment and it will take time to become more so. I am 40 so have seen a right load of ***t!lol. We have as a group that gallows humour and suddenly to have all this cash is a little un-nerving. To think a couple of years ago I was excited then deflated when Mido was going to then didn't sign on a loan deal! Now we are signing Tevez and David Silva! Just think for a minute how you would feel react if it was happening to the Villa?

I am a romantic and long for the days when you could build a team without spending millions and any team from say 10 could win our top league. Unfortunately the reality now is a million miles from that. Money is the

driver and has been ever since the mega tv deals from Sky started. The Sky 4 have dominated too long, time for one or two to moveover! Hopefully it will be the scum who slide - it won't be this season but the one after maybe.

Villa is my Derby game btw because of family and where I live! United is just a big game to me.

Ozil is a much better player than Milner IMO and will be one of the worlds best soon IMO. Milner's good but not that good.

However, if Man City are looking for Englishmen specifically and have payed £24m for Lescott, we shouldn't take less than £30m for him.

According to Tribal Football, Milner is waiting until the 25th to decide his future.

So another two weeks of this yet :(

Tribal football is basically where anyone can make stuff up isn't it?

Most of the other reports saying he is waiting for Villa and City to agree a fee.

My guess is that Villa are currently waiting to hear back from City and City are waiting to see how desperately we need some cash - if it's not sorted when Milner gets back from leave I guess they will be looking for him to push for a transfer.

This has just taken an interesting turn.

We're after Schweinsteiger, and the deal is very close. I would imagine that we would walk from Milner, if we get him instead. I don't understand though, as I've been told personally that we're really keen on him. Perhaps some misdirection going on somewhere, or perhaps we couldn't agree the fee and moved on. Hell, we might actually grab him anyway which would indicate that we're about to sell Barry, or put him on the wing and sell SWP.

I really can't keep up with Man City now.

Some cracking players they are being linked to for sure, but this sort of wholesale changes every season is really going to hinder their formation as a team. Are they just going to keep signing any player who impresses at a particular tournament or in a single season?

They finished 5th last season, missing out on Champions League on the penultimate game. Yet their midfield now is shaping up to be Milner - Schweinsteiger - Toure - Silva. That's a completely new midfield, none of which have ever played with each other at club or international level, and all costing 20m+.

I would imagine that the signing of Schweinsteiger would end Milner interest, as I really can't see even Man City being that itchy for wholesale changes.

They finished 5th last season, missing out on Champions League on the penultimate game. Yet their midfield now is shaping up to be Milner - Schweinsteiger - Toure - Silva. That's a completely new midfield, none of which have ever played with each other at club or international level, and all costing 20m+.

You can also add to that the fact that only 1 of them has played in the premiership while the other 3 are moving from abroad

If they see Milner as a winger then they really are stupid. Yes, he's a decent winger.. but for 25m you could get a much better natural winger. You don't spend 25m on a player and then play him out of positio, not when you can pretty much pick and choose whoever you want to sign.

England only played him as a winger because there was no-one better for the right wing. Man City could go out and sign Robben or someone if they really wanted to.

We're after Schweinsteiger, and the deal is very close. I would imagine that we would walk from Milner, if we get him instead.

Here's hoping.

That's a completely new midfield, none of which have ever played with each other at club or international level, and all costing 20m+.

Ah well, if the players take a while to gel - and they will - then they'll just get a new manager by Christmas. *rollyeyes*

We're after Schweinsteiger, and the deal is very close. I would imagine that we would walk from Milner, if we get him instead. I don't understand though, as I've been told personally that we're really keen on him. Perhaps some misdirection going on somewhere, or perhaps we couldn't agree the fee and moved on. Hell, we might actually grab him anyway which would indicate that we're about to sell Barry, or put him on the wing and sell SWP.

You'll probably get both and keep everyone. Also, if you have any connections at the club, let them know they forgot to get in touch with two U-13 players in the Malö area in Sweden. I think the pair is the last players on earth you haven't been close to signing yet.