What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

My worry is - even with the milner money, we are going to struggle to compete with the top 4/5 teams.

We just cant attract the players.

Therein lies the difference between those that are in the CL and those that aren't.

like man city?

its all about the $$$...

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My worry is - even with the milner money, we are going to struggle to compete with the top 4/5 teams.

Therein lies the difference between those that are in the CL and those that aren't.

like man city?

its all about the $$$...

Absolutely right.

Its those who are in the CL and those who are willing to pay the difference until they make it into the CL.

id be absolutely gutted if milner goes....hes my favourite villa player by a mile....

he is replaceable for that kind of money and im sure it wouldnt affect us in terms of quality once we spend it but that doesnt change the fact that i wont see him wearing our shirt being the only shining light in our all too frequent shit performances and giving 110% every game

id be absolutely gutted if milner goes....hes my favourite villa player by a mile....

he is replaceable for that kind of money and im sure it wouldnt affect us in terms of quality once we spend it but that doesnt change the fact that i wont see him wearing our shirt being the only shining light in our all too frequent shit performances and giving 110% every game

i think thats unfair on the rest of the team tbh

He's not the world beater people think he is, excellent work ethic, but will never be a top player, bit like Dirk Kuyt, I think ireland has far more talent, but has he got the head?(I don't know, its a risk)

Couldnt agree more!

Man citeh are not in CL.

So perhaps a better quote would be "therein lies the difference between those that have money and those that do not

id say its more the fact that hes infinitely more likely to win something at city that has "corrupted" him tbh

p3 not really considering we did better than them in both domestic cups

Coz with the money theyve got behind them its when, not if

With us its most certainly if, not when

Thats the difference

i think thats unfair on the rest of the team tbh

maybe slightly

While I accept that this is likely the case, i'd love to know if we've ever actually bothered to sign that kind of player in the last 4 years or just not tried, assuming they wouldnt be interested

Theres no harm in trying, as they say

Ok, lets say City are about to offer us around £30m, there are 2 other teams waiting in the wings, once the fee has been agreed with city then the other clubs match that valuation.

Villa are not the sort of club to play the teams against each other, the fee will be £30m.

Its then up to Milner to decide who he goes to.

Milner can say nothing on any transfer to any club atm, he cant say he wants to stay, why? Because its up to MON if he goes or stays. He has not signed another contract because he has not even been offered one yet.

As for new players to replace him, well we already have some players for the middle and dont be surprised if he is not replaced this transfer window. We need a striker more, imo.

From MON's quotes I think it is obvious he wants to go. It has been obvious to me anyway for a number of weeks that Milner wants to jump ships. There are just far too many reports, tweets going around pretty much stating the same thing.

Let the prick go for £120k a week.

To me MON is clearly saying James wants to go.

Shame... real shame.

I'd be interested to see if Milner will get more stick then Barry will.

As far as i'm concerned, Milner will deserve it more. I really do think that if MON really wants Milner to stay then he should show a little bit of loyalty for taking the risk on him and stay one more year, and then can leave have we not got Champions League.

But then again, i'm a fan, and to him it's a job so it's probably totally different in his eyes.

I'll understand why he'd want to go though, they certainly have more chance of winning silverware then we do, my only gripe is that he is still so young, it's not like Barry and it was his last chance to win something. Milner could stay here for a year or two and then go on to win major titles providing he keeps impoving.

Anyway, will be interesting to see where he fits in next year in the Citeh squad. The evil streak in me hopes it all goes horribly wrong for him there. But i'm just bitter.

Man city aren't about to offer 30 million for JM. They don't need to if you look at their current midfield list of thirteen players, 8 or 9 of them are very good players, with some being outstanding. Milner would be a great team player for them but you don't pay 30 mil just for that.

I pray I'm right because if JM leaves we will be a lot weaker for it imo.

To me MON is clearly saying James wants to go.

Shame... real shame.

I'd be interested to see if Milner will get more stick then Barry will.

As far as i'm concerned, Milner will deserve it more. I really do think that if MON really wants Milner to stay then he should show a little bit of loyalty for taking the risk on him and stay one more year, and then can leave have we not got Champions League.

But then again, i'm a fan, and to him it's a job so it's probably totally different in his eyes.

I'll understand why he'd want to go though, they certainly have more chance of winning silverware then we do, my only gripe is that he is still so young, it's not like Barry and it was his last chance to win something. Milner could stay here for a year or two and then go on to win major titles providing he keeps impoving.

Anyway, will be interesting to see where he fits in next year in the Citeh squad. The evil streak in me hopes it all goes horribly wrong for him there. But i'm just bitter.

I hate Barry myself. However, he gave the club service for years, through a lot of murky, shite years. James Milner was a nobody from Newcastle, who cried when he couldn't jump ship to here. He had one woeful year, where some clubs laughed at us for spending £12m on him. He played well last year and now it appears he wants to go because he's been noticed by high-flying Man City. Ungrateful, disloyal little so and so. He's now an English international and people rate him as a fantastic young midfielder now, under our guidance, and he wants to go as soon as the £££££ ka-ching.

Little knobend.

Bloody hell he hasnt even gone yet and yet some are already slagging him off and calling him names.

James Milner is not a fan of Aston Villa, when will people get in their head that its not just a sport to them its also their living and all though he gets paid amounts that most of us cant comprehend now, he can get paid even more elsewhere with a better chance of silverware.

If we hadnt of bought him from Newcastle he still would of turned out to be a decent player but just at another club.

Perhaps we should show him some loyalty and respect by not calling him names and slagging him off before he's even gone.

Good luck to him he hasnt killed anyone he's played his heart out for us and given his all and now he can get paid even more with a massive signing on fee.

Most of us can sit in our avergage houses with average cars saying we wouldnt leave if we got paid that much, but honestly if someone dangled a £2.5m signing on fee and a salary that of double what we are on its very holier than thou to say I wouldnt take it.

As ive said before there are a handful of players in the world who are irreplacable and he isnt one. £25m is a ridiculous amount of money and if we can get players like Stephen Ireland (who is hardly a massive drop in talent) and a few others with it then is fine by me, again good luck to him.

While I accept that this is likely the case, i'd love to know if we've ever actually bothered to sign that kind of player in the last 4 years or just not tried, assuming they wouldnt be interested

Theres no harm in trying, as they say

I suspect he had a go at getting Sneijder last year (that was my take on it anyway).