• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is true, then it's just a case of waiting for Milner to return from his holiday and this deal is as good as done.

Pretty much how i see it too. MYSTERYMAN has already said the deal is as good as done, as soon as James is back from holiday the paperwork will be sorted and Villa will get a shit load of money for a steady player!

If that is true, then it's just a case of waiting for Milner to return from his holiday and this deal is as good as done.

Pretty much how i see it too. MYSTERYMAN has already said the deal is as good as done, as soon as James is back from holiday the paperwork will be sorted and Villa will get a shit load of money for a steady player!

Or Villa will get significantly less than the sums quoted here and all of Villa Talk will implode and demand MON's head on a platter.

Or Villa will get significantly less than the sums quoted here and all of Villa Talk will implode and demand MON's head on a platter.

Hasnt an offer of £20-22m already been rejected?

Man City to pay significantly less than the assumed figure? No way.

I have every faith in Villa hold out for a realistic figure (considering who the buyer is).

£28m seems about right to me.

Man City to pay significantly less than the assumed figure? No way.

I have every faith in Villa hold out for a realistic figure (considering who the buyer is).

£28m seems about right to me.

Right for Man City, but not right in the scheme of things mate. No way is he a £20m player.

It will probably be 24-25m. Not a bad profit, but regardless of the money received it's time for MON to really surprise us all and show that he can use the transfer market.

If we sell Milner and get a press conference the next day where "O'Neill Backs Sidwell To Shine" I might just cry.

Right for Man City, but not right in the scheme of things mate. No way is he a £20m player.

100%agree, but this is Man City, If they'd shown no interested and Chelsea had tabled £20 I reckon Villa would have snapped their hands off.

A players value is purely decided on his worth to the seller. He might not be a 20m player, but 20m only see's us make 8m profit and have to find a player to replace him. In the current market it will cost 20m for us to purely like-for-like swap, and even then we have a player who needs to settle in and the gamble element that it might not work out.

20m would not be worth it for us, and Villa rejecting the bids shows this. 26-27m and we can probably say 'yes, we can replace Milner for that and make adequate profit for 1-2 more players'.

where has he said that wiggy?

its a sad day for football, money corrupts a nice guy like milner. there is no hope for anyone

I can see him going for an underwhelming price, a little like Barry did. By this I mean a price that still sits in the field of reasonableness. Something like £25-£26m, which will incur the odd moan no doubt.

I will moan a little regardless of the price. I don't have much faith in MON to replace Milner. As good a manager as I think he is tactically and motivationally, I don't think he's good enough in the transfer market. I hope to be surprised.

its a sad day for football, money corrupts a nice guy like milner. there is no hope for anyone

He hasn't even talked to Man City yet. A deal may have been done between the two clubs but Jimmy hasn't talked to Man City yet, he might do what Ozil did and tell them to get stuffed.

We can hope.

where has he said that wiggy?

Sorry my bad, MM said that on Alex Ferguson's charity golf day, the Man City contingent were all saying that the deal was as good as done, it was either in this thread or the general Villa transfer thread.

I will moan a little regardless of the price. I don't have much faith in MON to replace Milner. As good a manager as I think he is tactically and motivationally, I don't think he's good enough in the transfer market.

Even though he signed Milner in the first place :notsure: