• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm here, and I think you'll find that MysteryMan said that he spoke to some City guys at a golf day who said that the deal was done.

For the record, I personally believe the deal to be done, but haven't said so in the past. Just as we waited until the day that the seasoncards went on general sale to unveil Toure/Silva, I think we'll announce it the day that the away shirt becomes available, which I believe is July 15th. We have a habit of announcing signings to coincide with merchandising opportunities.

I'm here, and I think you'll find that MysteryMan said that he spoke to some City guys at a golf day who said that the deal was done.

For the record, I personally believe the deal to be done, but haven't said so in the past. Just as we waited until the day that the seasoncards went on general sale to unveil Toure/Silva, I think we'll announce it the day that the away shirt becomes available, which I believe is July 15th. We have a habit of announcing signings to coincide with merchandising opportunities.

well that worked well didn't it? 18,000 ST's sold so far, pathetic

I'll take care not to step in the bullshit.

You're wrong, we've broken all season ticket records this year. Last year, we sold over 30,000 of them. Proof

You're thinking of Man United, who it was recently claimed in an article had only sold 18,000. Article.

I like you Damocles, although everyone tries to put Man City down (hell... this is a villa forum), you always come up with the goods to prove everyone wrong.

I personally don't feel it's a done deal, i also don't think we'd be interested in a part exchange either.

I think MON will hold out for 30m. If that figure is not met, I think Milner will stay a Villa player AND he'll sign a one year extension.

But i could be totally fecking wrong :lol:

You're wrong, we've broken all season ticket records this year. Last year, we sold over 30,000 of them. Proof

You're thinking of Man United, who it was recently claimed in an article had only sold 18,000. Article.

It was a thread title on bluemoon and I couldn't be bothered to look in the thread, so just assumed it was about Man City, I seriously doubt Man Utd have only sold 18,000 ST's

It's more about the fact that United are still early in their renewal period when the story came out, so they could well have done. Not sure about you guys, but usually don't renew until the very last minute.

I think MON will hold out for 30m. If that figure is not met, I think Milner will stay a Villa player AND he'll sign a one year extension.

As I said, the Milner post before is just using a bit of informed estimation and I wouldn't be surprised if we he stayed. The thing is, City have identified a weakness that Milner obviously fills, and I can't think of another player out there who is like him. I'd be surprised if we don't sign him, purely because he's probably worth £30m to us if you look at it as a percentage of our transfer budget.

Sorry, I got a text today and thought deal had been done, I only now know its not thanks to actually checking news stories. Kept away from Villa chat as I was a little pissed off, sorry!

That'll be the new plastic fans then that have bought up the 30,000. Although if you ask them, I bet they are all from Mosside and have supported Citeh for the past 20 years!

Yes because people who have never supported City before which means if they've changed teams, they are not really huge football fans are going to spend £400+ on a season ticket on a sport they are probably not that into.

Just like there are people on VT who haven't renewed for this season because they don't like the football we play under O'Neill, obviously the bigger stars, the better players and better football, it attracts fans who previously didn't renew or haven't had a season ticket.

We have a habit of announcing signings to coincide with merchandising opportunities.

Was that before or after you were a really really really big club?

I never claimed City were a 'really really really big club', I claimed that Villa weren't.

Thinking about it, I don't even know what big club means, that many people use it. We've got lots of fans if that's what you mean, and a long history?

I'm starting to think that when people say 'big club' they really mean 'successful club', and they don't seem to recognise that being big and being successful are two entirely different concepts.

It's to sell shirts in Abu Dhabi and they'll ask Milner who's that lol, good merchandising!

You think that people in would buy a City shirt in Abu Dhabi wouldn't know who Player of the Year, England International James Milner is?

Besides, Abu Dhabi isn't that much of an interest to our marketing team, more the US and Asian markets that United/Liverpool have monopolised for so long. That's more where the money is, there's only a quarter of the people in AD than in Manchester, it isn't a big place.

That'll be the new plastic fans then that have bought up the 30,000. Although if you ask them, I bet they are all from Mosside and have supported Citeh for the past 20 years!

In fairness to them they've had about the same support as us to varying degrees over the years possibly bigger. If I was a mothballed city supporter I would go and buy one too. Their season tickets are very reasonable as well.

its pathetic some of the guff Damocles gets on here, and a lot of it seems to be desperately grasping at straws to descredit city or trying to hide heads in the sand to pretend that theyre not the fastest growing club in world football whether we like it or not, or whether its due to money or not

we claim we're a bigger club with a better history, yet we have some of the most small time supporters ive ever come across. let it go ffs - city are bigger than us now, and in a few years they could possibly be the biggest club in the world

They may have the best team in a few years, but they will not be the biggest club.

you cant say that for sure. if they have the best players, the most money, are packing out their stadium, are making new supporters all the time, and are winning things, then theyll be the biggest club

history means **** all when it comes to the present