What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Nice one wiggy! They should fix the word filter so "This" = Amen to that, brother!

Like everyone else, I'm just hoping the Milner situation is resolved soon.

Milner doesn't come back to training until the 25th of July, but surely he can come in for a meeting with MON to discuss the future now?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all this gosip is true and Milner won't entertain a new contract at Villa and the deal with city is practically done then surely MON should buy his repacements before this deal goes through. Why wait until we have the 25M+ and then get held to randsom by other clubs.

If all this gosip is true and Milner won't entertain a new contract at Villa and the deal with city is practically done then surely MON should buy his repacements before this deal goes through. Why wait until we have the 25M+ and then get held to randsom by other clubs.

Probably the same reason you don't buy your new car even though your mate has said he'll have your old one but not given you the money for it yet.

its a sad day for football, money corrupts a nice guy like milner. there is no hope for anyone

id say its more the fact that hes infinitely more likely to win something at city that has "corrupted" him tbh

nedster, though it's practical for us to prepare for the new season - if we buy a replacement and then Man City might decide they no longer want Milner and go for someone else, we'll be left needing to sell Milner to whoever we can - probably losing out in the long run.

Randy has loads of money but he's right to want us to sell before we buy. We've got an inflated wage bill as it is and I don't blame him for wanting us to thin it out before we bring in any more players.

Probably the same reason you don't buy your new car even though your mate has said he'll have your old one but not given you the money for it yet.

New cars cost the same regardless, the car dealer will not know how much you got from your mate and try and hike up the price will he?

New cars cost the same regardless, the car dealer will not know how much you got from your mate and try and hike up the price will he?

But you might not a) Have a spare £10,000 for your car until you sell your current one and B) want to get stuck with 2 cars if your mate decides to buy another car from somewhere else.

I seem to think that if Milner was going to tell us to get stuffed, he would have done it by now
I agree but maybe he is also hoping a bigger club will come along while there is interest from City still floating around.

I seem to think that if Milner was going to tell us to get stuffed, he would have done it by now

definitely, hopefully now that his head has been turned it can all go through with minimal messing and everyone can get on with their lives

I agree but maybe he is also hoping a big club will come along while there is interest from City still floating around.

Fixed. :D

Why would he?

Hes just an employee.

why would he? to put the speculation to rest. if he didnt want to join city hed most likely have dismissed the whole thing long ago

nedster, though it's practical for us to prepare for the new season - if we buy a replacement and then Man City might decide they no longer want Milner and go for someone else, we'll be left needing to sell Milner to whoever we can - probably losing out in the long run.

Randy has loads of money but he's right to want us to sell before we buy. We've got an inflated wage bill as it is and I don't blame him for wanting us to thin it out before we bring in any more players.

I stated if it's a done deal therefor city will not be pulling out, we have already released 3 from the wage bill anyway. Only time will tell but if Milner goes and we end up paying something silly for the likes of Parker then my point will have been proved.

I agree but maybe he is also hoping a big club will come along while there is interest from City still floating around.

Fixed. :D

:clap:

Why would he?

Hes just an employee.

why would he? to put the speculation to rest. if he didnt want to join city hed most likely have dismissed the whole thing long ago

Im sort of lost as to what the arguement is here :?

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is hopeful James Milner will remain at the club despite attracting interest from Manchester City.

Big-spending City have made the England international one of their top summer transfer targets and have already seen one bid in the region of £20million rejected.

City are expected to pursue their interest in Milner and up their offer for the former Newcastle and Leeds man as they look to lure him to Eastlands.

However, O'Neill is hoping he can keep Milner at Villa Park as he looks to improve on their sixth-placed finish from last season.

Asked if he was hopeful of keeping Milner, O'Neill told Sky Sports News: "Well, I don't know about that.

"Eventually if players do want to leave the football club, or any football club for that matter, then it becomes more difficult than ever before.

"But what I will say is we have a better chance of performing in the manner in which we did last season if we could keep the best players and James Milner comes into that equation."

http://tiny.cc/bzdpf

Why would he?

Hes just an employee.

Im sort of lost as to what the arguement is here :?

damocles is a city fan

hes saying if milner was going to tell them he wasnt interested, hed have done it by now