468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Why on Earth would City agree to that?

They would get their man and I'm sure they consider themselves way ahead of us in terms of getting 4th so I think they would consider it waiting a year to get the player they want for a reasonable price.

They might get their man.

Unless Milner has the greatest season ever and guides us to 4th place. Then they don't get him.

On the other hand they are committed to buying him if he has the worst season ever imagineable and we finish 16th, he gets addicted to drugs and puts on 8 stone.

There is literally no way City would agree to that.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They would get their man and I'm sure they consider themselves way ahead of us in terms of getting 4th so I think they would consider it waiting a year to get the player they want for a reasonable price.

But they might not want him then, they want him now. They will either get him this season or they won't get him at all in my opinion.

True. But they might be set on him and a guarantee of signing him with no circus around the deal as usual might be appealing to them.

Ridiculous :D Man City are a circus and with their money they can do what they want. They wouldn't have to listen to silly demands like "You give us the money... but you don't get the player yet...."

So Milner would play 2 games against City knowing that next year he'd be on their team?

If we offered that deal to City they'd say "No thanks, we'll buy Mikel Arteta instead".

We don't actually get the money off them until we sell him but in essence we would have 20m extra to spend.

I don't think City are too worried about us.

That would be a great outcome. I think keeping Milner is so important to us now.

Can't believe people are even entertaining that idea, why on earth would City give us £20m next year when he'd have 1 year left on his deal. If they don't get him now they'll sign someone else and that'll be that.

Unless Milner has the greatest season ever and guides us to 4th place. Then they don't get him.

On the other hand they are committed to buying him if he has the worst season ever imagineable and we finish 16th, he gets addicted to drugs and puts on 8 stone.

Two extremes but it is a very valid point!

I am sure I have heard of similar deals in the past but I can't remember any examples.

so someone guns have to make a mice for us to be able to get fresh faces in!!

Huh?

Can't see a problem here.

My guns have been happily making mice all morning. :)

I think I have to agree with this post. If we don't have the guns to make mice then I think we will struggle in this transfer window.

Two extremes but it is a very valid point!

I am sure I have heard of similar deals in the past but I can't remember any examples.

Something like signing him now for 20m but loaning him to us for a year would be more feasible.

but still very unlikely imo.

Replace him with a world class creative playmaker style midfielder for £20m and a couple of young up and coming talents and I'd be more than happy ...

Easy isn't it this football lark.....just replace him with one of the many world class creative playmaker style midfielders that are on the market right now and are interested in a move to the Villa.......I hear Sneijder's had a half decent World Cup....might as well bring him in now..... :oops:

D'oh, sorry I spoke !

Of course the above would probably mean looking beyond our shores which I accept isn't probably going to happen. But don't be fooled into thinking there aren't any of these type of players out there that would jump at a chance to join Villa, there are ...

Easy decision for me. We should sell him. His heart doesnt seem set at Villa, he is not World Class and for the money we could buy 2 replacements

What makes you think his heart isn't in it?

In all fairness, after the whole Barry thing, he's probably been instructed by MON and RL to not say anything to the press till he gets back from his holiday and discuss' it with Villa.

It could be the case that if Milner would be open to a move, we'd prefer the 30m then to keep him.

It could be the case that he wants to go?

It's tough to know really...

Easy decision for me. We should sell him. His heart doesnt seem set at Villa, he is not World Class and for the money we could buy 2 replacements

How do any of us know where Milner's heart or head is at the moment. Even MysteryMan is only passing on heresay. One thing I would be sure of is that if Milner is still at Villa next season he will be giving 100% every time he plays. JM only knows one way to play football.

Replace him with a world class creative playmaker style midfielder for £20m and a couple of young up and coming talents and I'd be more than happy ...

Easy isn't it this football lark.....just replace him with one of the many world class creative playmaker style midfielders that are on the market right now and are interested in a move to the Villa.......I hear Sneijder's had a half decent World Cup....might as well bring him in now..... :oops:

D'oh, sorry I spoke !

Of course the above would probably mean looking beyond our shores which I accept isn't probably going to happen. But don't be fooled into thinking there aren't any of these type of players out there that would jump at a chance to join Villa, there are ...

Are there..........good luck with that one MoN........

D'oh, sorry I spoke !

The point here is that if we could find a "world class" playmaker for £20m, why wouldn't Citeh buy them instead of Milner?

Because they may have to find someone who has to settle into the English game. They don't want an "up-and-coming".. they want it all, now and ready for them.

Mbark Bouffousa looks quality, but he might not adapt to the English game. Stephen Ireland is good but Man City don't want him.

I agree with Moseley that there are players out there. Just because Man City want to come for Milner doesn't mean there aren't other options for us.

I don't think it carries enough weight to truly affect their transfer targets though. When it comes to enforcing change FIFA/FA prefer toe-dipping to boat-rocking.

We wouldn't get him, he's destined for bigger things. But I reckon Ozil could be bought for £28m, similarly united are talking about bidding the same amount for sneijder. That's why such an amount is silly money for Milner who is a good player, but not in the same bracket as sneijder.

There may well be other players out there as good or better than Milner, but would they be as good a team player?

Ask any manager who has been lucky enough to manage JM and they will almost certainly tell you that James is the best " professional team player" they have ever worked with.

That could be what interests Man City so much, when they already have many talented individuals but have yet to successfully build "a team."

Shillzz, we wouldn't get who? Schneider?

I doubt we'd get Ozil either. Even though a couple of World Cup appearances don't make a player. I'm sure bigger clubs that us will be after him.