• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have won 13 honours in the last 100 years mate that is a bit more than **** all.

Including the European cup

Major honours in the last 100 years...

Top flight titles: 1

FA Cups: 3

European Cups: 1

We're regular **** behemoths alright arent we

Of course, that you even counted 2nd and 3rd tier league wins as well as league cups and probably the twobob and super cup wins only reinforces my point

I didn't count 2nd and 3rd div titles or the twobob but the fact you write we have won 5 MAJOR honours only reinforces the point we have won more than **** all

We have won 13 honours in the last 100 years mate that is a bit more than **** all.

Including the European cup

Major honours in the last 100 years...

Top flight titles: 1

FA Cups: 3

European Cups: 1

We're regular **** behemoths alright arent we

Of course, that you even counted 2nd and 3rd tier league wins as well as league cups and probably the twobob and super cup wins only reinforces my point

I didn't count 2nd and 3rd div titles or the twobob but the fact you write we have won 5 MAJOR honours only reinforces the point we have won more than **** all

5 in a hundred years is **** all mate. 2 in 53 years too. Who are we to claim we're big and city arent

I agree with P3te that history is only one part of what makes a big club but Citeh will make history in the next few years and, if things do not change, will soon be rivalling Utd etc.. They need a Beckham or Ronaldo - a good looking good footballer - and they will sell shirts and open up a fan base around the world which will have them on a par - revenue wise - with the Big 4 in a few years.

Finance is one element BUT finance on the scale of Citeh's owners is destructive to the current order.

Completely OT but why arent you counting the League Cup, it had been a pretty big deal untill the CL came in.

it was never a big deal

Why do you support Villa if our achievements mean **** all,stick by you're own ffs..no matter what another shite team has i'll never put our club down the way you have on the last few page's..

Completely OT but why arent you counting the League Cup, it had been a pretty big deal untill the CL came in.

it was never a big deal

Why do you support Villa if our achievements mean **** all,stick by you're own ffs..no matter what another shite team has i'll never put our club down the way you have on the last few page's..

according to some on here supporting a club because of their achievements makes you a glory hunter

i dont support villa coz of what we have or havent won

if that was what i was into id be a liverpool or united fan

i havent put down the club, ive been completely and utterly realistic about it. we're not a big club and we have no right to be giving the city guy shit and saying city are a nothing club with money, its ridiculous. there no more a nothing club than we are

Anyone that listens to Talkshite radio will know that when they have run out of topical footballling issues to make people phone in and make money on they always bring up the what makes a big club debate.

It's a combination of all those factors you guys have already discussed and yes I agree history is a big factor and yes Villa possibly have the edge over City in this factor. City are just aiming to make some history and then maybe some way down the line our status in the history stakes will have gone up a notch, fingers crossed.

Anyway back to the thread - James Milner.

Being a City fan is like being at a fantasy league auction with an unlimited budget ( not that I agree with it but hey that's the very lucky position we are in) so would J M be one of my purchases probably not , he doesn't really excite me. However what he is a very good pro with the right attitude who won't let you down. He could be the glue that sticks a team together and that commodity is priceless.

I am not ITK and have no idea if he will sign or not. Villa should just play hard ball and get as much as possible out of us just like Moyes did with Lescott. Good luck on that one. If you get £15-20m and Ireland surely that would be a cracking piece of business?

I posted on the Welcome Forum if you wondering who the hell I am.

I wish Villa well for the season ahead with or without Milner, cheers.

Thanks for the welcome. Damocles is a very respected poster on Bluemoon and seems like a really good guy with balanced opinions. I lurk more than I post on Bluemoon. I really don't think city fans are all comfortable in their new rich skins at the moment and it will take time to become more so. I am 40 so have seen a right load of ***t!lol. We have as a group that gallows humour and suddenly to have all this cash is a little un-nerving. To think a couple of years ago I was excited then deflated when Mido was going to then didn't sign on a loan deal! Now we are signing Tevez and David Silva! Just think for a minute how you would feel react if it was happening to the Villa?

I am a romantic and long for the days when you could build a team without spending millions and any team from say 10 could win our top league. Unfortunately the reality now is a million miles from that. Money is the

driver and has been ever since the mega tv deals from Sky started. The Sky 4 have dominated too long, time for one or two to moveover! Hopefully it will be the scum who slide - it won't be this season but the one after maybe.

Villa is my Derby game btw because of family and where I live! United is just a big game to me.

I'm at the stage now where I just want to see it sorted either goes or stays, Armitage Blue has a great point £20m + Ireland would be fantastic for us and would definitely soften the blow of Milner leaving.

I'm at the stage now where I just want to see it sorted either goes or stays, Armitage Blue has a great point £20m + Ireland would be fantastic for us and would definitely soften the blow of Milner leaving.

Me too, make you're mind up, stay or go. I'm fed up with talking about it now. Just get on with it.

No, we really do need to milk as much cash as we can out them. The have unlimited pockets. They should pay way, way more than that for our future star.

Oh, and, the only way to deal with this is to say: "Look mr Sheik, we want XXX mil for Milner, money on the table or go **** a camel. We might come back and do business with you again in the future, bye for now, keep your players and don't call us, we'll call you when we want one of them. Ta!".

No, we really do need to milk as much cash as we can out them. The have unlimited pockets. They should pay way, way more than that for our future star.

They'll just go buy someone else if we mess them about too much, if he wants to go then get him out and £20m and Ireland is top business.

People seem to be forgetting that the wages Mr Ireland is on at City will not be matched by Villa.

Stephen Irelands wages

i would imagine we would pay him no more than £40,000 a week, then he could improve his wages if he earns it by his performances. I do not believe he is even on a radar at those wage levels.

IMO Milner will go if the price goes over £30m and only when we accept Citys offer will he consider a move. Its a this point other interested teams may make their move and if Chelsea or UTD match the price then he will go to one of those before city.