Which party gets your X  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Liberal Democrat
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Labour
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Not voting
    • Spoil Ballot

"Thank you for putting me on your poster and showing me smiling David" you've done more for me than the media ever have

I think they were laughing because Labour had done a poster of Cameron as Gene Hunt that Cameron then thanked Labour for .. it was kinda a little in joke and a touché moment between the two i think ..

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having watched the debate, Clegg looks top 4 Premeirship to me, in fact i would go as far as to say, where the phuk did that come from, thought the days of us coming up with a forceful strong orator and someone that actually looks like a leader had long gone, even through the camera he looked like he was telling you straight at the camera and at the questioner, oi, I'm talking to you mate bit.

Cameron, for me doesn't convince, sketchy, almost weak, when he expresses himself sometimes looks like he's pleading and very grandiose, he needs to drop that, take a leaf out of Maggies book of debate and get a bit hawkeyeish and hard lipped, focused, i thought the one thing that rogered him right royally was when Brown led him down the path with the "Thank you for putting me on your poster and showing me smiling David" you've done more for me than the media ever have, and while the both stood there giggling like a pair of girls, Clegg stood watching frowning and dead pan serious, can you imagine what Thatcher would have done with that comment from a labour leader, she certainly wouldn't have stood there laughing.

Have to say from this debate Clegg was a different class and if this was all we had to make a decision in an ideal world i would say bearing in mind the crapper we are in form a government choosing the best form all parties, and Clegg the leader, seems to me he's solid and would become a formidable statesman not taking any crap from the rest of Europe, can't see that in Cameron whatsoever, and we already know Brown.

Wow.

so that Clegg and Cable get a position of power by the back door

I know he is the media Darling but Cable frequently contradicts his leader and is a bit of a lose cannon , not to mention he flips on policy more times that Rafa says "we can finish 4 " .... I think Clegg would replace him if he could but for now probably needs the good will of the people that Cable seems to have ... In the event of a hung parliament the appointment of Cable to chancellor would be an indication of appeasement to the public rather than and great move forward in solving the problems ... though it could be argued he may stillbe the best of the 3 out there anyway ...

I hope there's a hung parliament so that Clegg and Cable get a position of power by the back door. Then they can insist on electoral reform, and when they call another General Election later in the year under the new rules, they can start to really exert some power.

ideal scenario right there Mart.

One can but hope.

I know he is the media Darling but Cable frequently contradicts his leader and is a bit of a lose canon

Undoubtedly held in reverence and not at all camera shy, although perhaps has to claim on his holiday insurance for leaving the camera lying around :winkold:

I know he is the media Darling but Cable frequently contradicts his leader and is a bit of a lose canon

Undoubtedly held in reverence and not at all camera shy, although perhaps has to claim on his holiday insurance for leaving the camera lying around :winkold:

:clap:

I'm a little surprised more hasn't been made about Cameron's mention of China when talking about Trident, thought that was a bit of a slip by him to be honest

Was the China thing surprising because they aren't Muslim or do you not see China as a threat to the world ? .... I suspect the China "slip" came about as there is a connection between the threat of nuclear terrorism and China's role in making it possible

Was the China thing surprising because they aren't Muslim or do you not see China as a threat to the world ?

I'm guessing he means 'surprising' because Cameron was taking the risk of tarring the most powerful country in the world and a crucial trading partner as an enemy.

I'm a little surprised more hasn't been made about Cameron's mention of China when talking about Trident, thought that was a bit of a slip by him to be honest

Was the China thing surprising because they aren't Muslim or do you not see China as a threat to the world ? .... I suspect the China "slip" came about as there is a connection between the threat of nuclear terrorism and China's role in making it possible

Yes that is exactly it Tony, I only expect a UK government whatever party it is to act against countries of the Muslim faith.

I'm really starting remember why I often ignore these threads.

well with your sense of humour failure of late i'd suggest you ignore the jokes thread as well

it was a question .. why don't you see China as a threat when many people do ?

well with your sense of humour failure of late i'd suggest you ignore the jokes thread as well

they are more of a threat in terms of Global Warming, they are growing so fast that I cannot see how any global targets can be met when they are chomping through industry like Gordon did through that audience last night.

I noticed Cameron pulled back Clegg. Not to seem authoritarian, but because they were meant to stay up on the stage for the audience to clap, probably so the camera could pan around all three of them soaking up the atmosphere.

Brown just bolted for the audience, probably searching for a baby to kiss.

Was the China thing surprising because they aren't Muslim or do you not see China as a threat to the world ?

I'm guessing he means 'surprising' because Cameron was taking the risk of tarring the most powerful country in the world and a crucial trading partner as an enemy.

Is China a 'crucial trading partner'?

If you want a cheap goods, throwaway society, yes, but I suspect that they need the west more than it needs them.

Effectively the west is financing the rise and strengthening of a totalitarian regime.

Does Cameron want war with China and Russia?

Posted by Mehdi Hasan - 16 April 2010 11:48

Once again, the Tory leader reveals that he's a foreign-affairs lightweight.

Here

Both Labour and Lib Dems seized on "gaffes" made by Cameron which appeared to bracket China with Iran

From the Guardian

I suppose headlines like that are good then? I take it handing his opposition a point on which to attack him is good? Ok fine, I take it back it wasn't a gaff, I was just suprised because it wasn't a Muslim country.

Nothing wrong with my sense of humour but as I previously stated perhaps you aren't as amusing as you seem to think. You seem to be very quick to dismiss peoples views and take the policial high ground through out this and the previous thread then when challanged on it claim it was a 'joke'.

Feel free to point out the point at which I said "China isn't a threat" or I could save you some time and point out the fact I didn't. My point was I think it was a mistake for him to say China you clearly don't, fine, then why not say why rather than make a rather silly accusation that you then try and claim as a some sort of joke.