Which party gets your X  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Liberal Democrat
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Labour
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Not voting
    • Spoil Ballot

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, as Tories go I quite like Hague.

couple of my "floating" mates said they would vote Tory if he were the leader .. would a hung parliament see either the Labour or Tory party replace the leader though ?

Wouldn't have thought so. Hung parliament will probably lead to another election in October and I don't think either party would risk it

Reading this thread is an eye opener, although maybe I shouldn't be too surprised

Why?

Wonder what the sky figures will be ?

Man U v Bayern managed to draw 1.76 million viewers and the most viewed programme on Sky 1 , Lost only attracted around 1.1 m

so my guess is that Sky are gonna struggle to attract lots of people

don't know in whose advantage that will work ?

BTW, as Tories go I quite like Hague.

couple of my "floating" mates said they would vote Tory if he were the leader .. would a hung parliament see either the Labour or Tory party replace the leader though ?

Wouldn't have thought so. Hung parliament will probably lead to another election in October and I don't think either party would risk it

Reading this thread is an eye opener, although maybe I shouldn't be too surprised

Why?

Well I am not commenting on any particular poster but I do think there are double standards and agressive posting styles being employed

Man U v Bayern managed to draw 1.76 million viewers and the most viewed programme on Sky 1 , Lost only attracted around 1.1 m

Putting on a media outlet that is not available for the mass public is pandering to Murdoch. It's bad enough we are having these but to allow Murdoch to start to influence things like he does with Fox in the US is a major problem.

If they thought they had to put it on a different network to ITV and BBC, why not C4? or just on the radio (then we could have removed that shite about body language etc)?

It'll work in Camerons favour regardless of how many people watch it, although odds are anyone who is willing to tune into sky to watch a debate wil probably have their minds set. the BBC one will be the big one.

Don't trust Murdoch and his cronies at all, bizzare idea to have it on Sky, should've been Channel 4 IMO.

Don't trust Murdoch and his cronies at all, bizzare idea to have it on Sky, should've been Channel 4 IMO.

Unless Murdoch is going to beam subliminal messages throughout the broadcast i don't see that it matters what channel it is on

I would guess your typical sky user had the dish put in for the football initially and would therefore be more from a working class background and thus more towards Labour anyway ?

Who is the 'Alistair Stewart'(forget the word, i want to say compare..) for the Sky debate? That is my worry when it comes to Murdoch, he has more than enough influence to make sure Cameron gets a tincy bit more protection and coverage. Although I'll be fair and say Sky news isn't as half as bad when it comes to a pre-conceived narrative like Fox does, so maybe it won't be too bad.

And i suppose so (in reference to the labour point), but let's be honest next week is about Foreign Policy, Cameron will probably be hammered and Brown will be left for dead considering the two parties recent history. If the ratings are high all Clegg has to say is how he opposed the war and voila the floating voters and youth voters are his.

Putting on a media outlet that is not available for the mass public is pandering to Murdoch. It's bad enough we are having these but to allow Murdoch to start to influence things like he does with Fox in the US is a major problem.

If they thought they had to put it on a different network to ITV and BBC, why not C4? or just on the radio (then we could have removed that shite about body language etc)?

This.

Sky is not free-to-air, therefore a percentage of the population, me included, are being denied the right to form a judgement over the entire series of debates.

Democracy?

Pah!

This.

Sky is not free-to-air, therefore a percentage of the population, me included, are being denied the right to form a judgement over the entire series of debates.

Democracy?

Pah!

Go to a pub and watch it then.

Personally I think these debates should be available to everyone via terrestrial TV but I'm not sure one being on Sky will have much impact on the result of the election.

As for the influence of Murdoch, I'm not sure that will be anything new given the influence of his print based media outlets.

this immigration to certain areas only policy .. I hear it works in Australia , fair enough but will it work in the UK ?

Quite simply it wouldn't, it works in Australia and Canada but the geography of those places lends itself to that system ours simply doesn't.

Oh and just to add I think Clegg knows it, he was grilled on this by Paxman earlier this week and lets just say he didn't perform as well as he did last night when his words were actually challanged.

He was asked to name an area in the country that has a labour shortage that could benefit from this type of system resulting in pure panic in his voice and no actual answer.

It pretty much says it all about him and his party's policies. Like I've said, they're idealists and would do more harm than good for the Country.

Boulton, I assume.

Adam Boulton? How times change

At the impeccably liberal St James's, Piccadilly, a female vicar blessed the union of Sky News political editor Adam Boulton and Tony Blair's former 'gatekeeper' Anji Hunter.

So yes, at one level this was a happy, charming, gossipy day, like many English summer weddings. But it was also, inescapably, a symbol of a wider union.

The marriage of Adam and Anji formalised not only their own very modern co-habitation (they are both on their second innings, marriage-wise) but also the increasingly cosy bonding of politics and a certain type of journalism.

The New Labour-Murdoch nexus has been made flesh.

Read more: clicky