Which party gets your X  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Liberal Democrat
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Labour
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Not voting
    • Spoil Ballot

Cameron played it too safe, quite simply, and I'm none the wiser on how he will achieve any of his policies. It'll cost him.

It may do but don't expect Osborne to tell you how much. :P

and then expect Cable to say he predicted the amount whatever it turns out to be

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"And David Cameron didn't have to feign fury at the foreigners who come here and take British jobs – unless they are nurses working in the NHS, in which case he loved them to bits."

yeah i read that line from a labour supporter as well ..was a bit puzzled by it seeing as all 3 of them went out of their way to say how they would stop johnny foreigner coming to the UK

but the immigration question at the debate is why i struggle to believe those that think Clegg won were actually listening .. Immigration only to areas where it's needed :shock: **** me have you ever been to Cumbria , people would rather live in Somalia then go live there ..shame they cut Cameron's mic off , his Border controls on the M62 jibe which was the nights best line

It works in Australia though.

Granted they need to relocate people around the country far more drastically than us, but considering the UK needs to become less London-centric maybe it's not a bad idea? Would take some figuring out though. You can't have all the immigrants coming in and flocking to the major cities.

Cameron did however make one gaff with his China comment, hasn't done himself any favours with international relations if he gets into power that's for sure!

Also, how often does Nick Clegg refer to the Swedish systems?

Anyway i'm going to order me a 'I agree with Nick' t-shirt and be done with it and turn my attention to the nasty buisness of local politics.

Guest Ricardomeister

Clegg was the definite winner imo as he came over with the most substance and the most sincerity, followed by Brown who did better than I expected, and Cameron was a definite loser who came over with very minimal substance and very minimal sincerity.

It also reinforced my view that the Tories have not changed from their "me, me, me, I'm alright but sod the less fortunate and privileged as they are a drain on the country" attitude that existed in the days of the vile Herr Thatchler. I am no fan of Gordy, but at least a Lib/Lab coalition would have far more of a social conscience and would be better for the country as a whole imo, although that would hardly be difficult when compared to the shallow insincerity of the Tories.

Brown was always onto a loser when pointing out he would fix immigration and anti social behaviour/crime to name but two, all the others had to do and did was point out that it was Labours 13 years of power that got us to this situation in the first place and NOW they are going to do something about it....Brilliant!

Labour are the one that let them all in and made it ridiculously easy to get benefits..nobody else for the past 13 years..

Hence a changed needed whether its the Tories or Lim Dem i dont care.

Give it to them for 5 years and let em **** it up, rather than the Monopoly of Labour for another term resulting in almost 20 years of Labour, jesus wept!

All three will be bloody useless.

As i said he's playing his cards right.

Cameron played it too safe, quite simply, and I'm none the wiser on how he will achieve any of his policies. It'll cost him.

Don't trust the man, don't trust his party. They, along with the other parties, have a lot of good policies, but Cameron more than any other just bugs me. He isn't cut out for debate tbh, but his speech at the end was good.

I think a lot of Tory supporters will wake up this morning gutted, the debate only helped the other 2 (Lab / Lib). I thought Cameron finally got caught out and now seems totally unelectable compared to the other 2. Cameron came across as a cowardly and totally out of his depth. Anyone good at photo shop because he reminded me of Rimmer from Dwarf a lot of the time so he just needs a nice "H" on his head, the public have the right to know IMO.

Clegg absolutely stormed it, Brown did a lot better than I thought and Cameron has actually had to be shot, fell at the second.

Didn't watch it in total - would rather watch a more interesting documentary on Lagos Nigeria - watched the start though proved everything I said before that it was a waste of time, money and TV air space. It was gimmick and a charade. Pathetic format, ridiculous sound bites (for god sake Cameron am I the only bloke in the UK who you haven't met?) and the guy running it trying to build up his own importance.

What is very interesting is the comments on here from the avid Tory supporters and how they have reacted to what seemingly in the "Politics has got talent on ice factor" was a "win"(?) by Clegg. Apparently he did come across the best, but frankly the stupidity of some of the comments on here shine through like a massive torch. Clegg has obviously scared the Tory vote and Cameron is royally **** things up for a Tory party who are massively funded both by tax cheats - sorry exiles and by the media - (and the BBC reporting has been dire - Robinson hang your head in shame you biased little twunt!). I said before I was looking for a bet on Hague being the next leader and in charge of the Tory party in 24 months - after what I have read about the kids talent show last night - and by the way when is the swimwear round? - I can see that happening.

British politics went further down into a hole last night. VT political comments proved more and more previous views.

Top tip - if the second part of the series on Lagos is on at the same time for the next instalment (the judges choice), watch that much more interesting to see how people get on with life despite having **** all

and why when talking about the NHS did DC go off on one about cancer? his segment on the NHS was largely about cancer pills, sorry but its got far bigger scope than that

Because of Labour's immoral targeting of cancer patients, using a database they have no right to use. Oh just wait until my missus gets her Labour communique for cancer sufferers, I suspect she may try and shove down Gordo's throat herself. To say its pissed her off is an understatement

Whereas my family who have two cancer sufferers in it have received fantastic treatment as a result of the NHS. Your anti-Labour bias shines out again

Gutter politics spreading to VT it seems - yuk!!

Whereas my family who have two cancer sufferers in it have received fantastic treatment as a result of the NHS. Your anti-Labour bias shines out again

Gutter politics spreading to VT it seems - yuk!!

I'm interested in your views on benefits Ian, especially to people who are getting a way with living for free? People who can actually work but are not being checked fully and helped to find jobs they can do...

Of course there are plenty of genuine people but a hell of a lot who are living for free!

Is that the Tories fault? ;)

I really enjoyed it last night, I wanted to watch as I don't have the biggest hold on politics and the policies. I was going to vote Cameron before last night but I found him quite smarmy, offensive and some of his comments were just bizarre.

Nick Clegg really impressed me, the only downfalls for him I felt were his part on immigration and a few questions after that where I thought he was flagging a touch and that he used the word 'Squillions' - which actually now I type it, I think it makes me like him more...

Anyway, My vote will now be going Lib Dem. Cameron totally put me off and Brown - well, a change is as good as a rest and he definitely hasn't done anything that makes me want to vote for his continuation. I also felt Nick Clegg was the most sincere candidate and I thought his closing statement was the best by a country mile.

I really enjoyed it last night, I wanted to watch as I don't have the biggest hold on politics and the policies. I was going to vote Cameron before last night but I found him quite smarmy, offensive and some of his comments were just bizarre.

Nick Clegg really impressed me, the only downfalls for him I felt were his part on immigration and a few questions after that where I thought he was flagging a touch and that he used the word 'Squillions' - which actually now I type it, I think it makes me like him more...

Anyway, My vote will now be going Lib Dem. Cameron totally put me off and Brown - well, a change is as good as a rest and he definitely hasn't done anything that makes me want to vote for his continuation. I also felt Nick Clegg was the most sincere candidate and I thought his closing statement was the best by a country mile.

there's still 2 more of these "contests" to digest though Laura, so you don't have to fully commit yet.

Good choice though :P

there's still 2 more of these "contests" to digest though Laura, so you don't have to fully commit yet.

Good choice though :P

I'm not sure I can sit through another Jon, the excitement was too much!

First Jez I neither believe the Daily Mail, the Telegraph, Express, the Sun, Sky News, Fox News etc etc etc. On benefits there is massive scare tactics and frankly xenophobic bordering on racist comments that seemingly get reported as fact. A few months back we had someone on here who said that they knew for a "fact" that someone had been given a 5 bedroom mansion in London as a benefit and that they were an illegal immigrant - or some bollox like that.

As with all politics you should chose a party who offers the best for you and those you care for. In my family we have people who have / have had cancer, we have people working for the NHS, we have teachers, we have people who need care from "helpers" due to illness and disability, we have a one parent family, we have students at university, we have people working for Gvmt supported crime charity schemes. All of these are prime targets in their life areas for the headline makers of the rags as benefit scroungers etc etc. My experiences and from what I have read is that they will receive more necessary (needed) support under a Lab gvmt. So 3 guesses who get the tick in the box there?

As with all schemes though of that size and complexity there will be cheats, errors and mistakes. It's a fact, but unlike some I don't subscribe to that being an excuse to cut benefits on the scale that we would see under a Tory gvmt

As with all politics you should chose a party who offers the best for you and those you care for.

actually, being a lefty as I am ian, i disagree with that to a degree.

That is, to an extent, a Tory philosophy: I'm going to vote for what's best for me. The "me first" society, espoused by Thatcher.

By and Large, I vote for the party who I think will be best for the country as a whole, and for society in general. Who will look after those less fortunate than myself, and who can competently govern a complex country with a degree of fairness.

That has never been the tories thus far, but often leads me down the path to the lib dems. As it will this time.

disagree there Jon. The Tory policy is still one that questions the existence of society - their spiritual leader famously said there was no such thing and she is one who the current lot still follow. You have to see how your loved ones fit society and ensure that society fits with them - its a two way thing.

As you will see from my family history we are both users and givers to the whole society topic so you then have to consider if you would vote for a party that basically said "**** you look after yourself" or one that provided support mechanisms when needed.

didnt watch the debate as I only just got in from work but what was that right at the end? Did Gordo forget or ignore the agreed procedure for the credits at the end? Seems that Camerwrong and Clugg stayed on the stage and Gordo dived into the crowd to press some flesh, leaving the other two on the stage looking a mixture of annoyed and bemused until they gave up and went on their own baby kissing excercise as the credits rolled

Seemed the other two were annoyed by it anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbfAZ-ahqrU