Which party gets your X  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Liberal Democrat
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Labour
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Not voting
    • Spoil Ballot

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched some of it. I thought they all did OK ish, tbh.

Leaving aside the content of what they said, in terms of "performance" Cameron and Clegg were better - more relaxed and at ease. They also did the thing of remembering people's (questioners) names - Clegg particularly so.

In terms of the content of what they said, Cameron came across really well on the NHS but much less so on other topics.

Brown did well on things where he could point to evidence "we've done this" - eg. more Police numbers, or more Nurses, or shorter waiting lists/times, but was much less good on intangibles and the interpersonal skills.

Clegg did really well where he was able to show up the hypocracy of the other two - house of Lords reform, MP behaviour reform, using facts to support his case. There was one part where brown and Cameron were going at each other and he seemed to be left out, or seemed to have nothing to say, but overall I think he did just aboyt the best of the 3 of them taking performance and content into account.

There's a subtext to the way they speak though - though they answer questions from audience people, they're really talking to people who they want to vote for them - Cameron isn't talking to hard labour voters, or harline tories, he's talking to people who might be thinking about tories, but aren't sure - maybe people torn between tory and lib dem. The reverse is true for Brown and obviously Clegg is talking to people split between either tory/libdem or lab/Lib dem.

None of them will therefore attack the lib dem position to hard for fear of alienating potential voters.

In the debates this gives Clegg an advantage. Plus as a new face people will be more curious. He came across well and so it's no wonder he won according to polls.

Whether the dynamics change for next time will be interesting.

EPIC and FAIL .. there can be no other words to describe it

CRAP on your part - see you missed the video link that came from a very pro right wing Tory supporting blog that showed what they called his "little" people and how they followed him around.

If you don't believe that Ashcroft's millions are not being spent on things like marketing spin, then I suggest you ask where your contributions are going? (assuming you have thrown them a few bob? :-) ).

The sales campaign he is running is classic marketing - god I have course an lecture notes from the things I have been sent on that fit exactly into how they are running this campaign.

None of them will therefore attack the lib dem position to hard for fear of alienating potential voters.

In the debates this gives Clegg an advantage. Plus as a new face people will be more curious. He came across well and so it's no wonder he won according to polls.

Whether the dynamics change for next time will be interesting.

Spot on Blandy.

You're nearly as bad as Drat Tony,

I won't have that Chindie .., I'm far worse than Drat , you think i'd play second fiddle to him on anything :-)

Nearly? - Pah! - you would be amazed at the "conversations" that Tony and I have on other web sites and see that we actually get on and agree on a load of things - damn I have even been in the pub with the Tory numpty :-)

shame you'd left your wallet at home though :winkold:

Still following the party line I see Ian .. An "I agree with Nick" T-Shirt for Gordon and a"I agree with Tonyh29" T-Shirt for Ian :-)

I watched some of it. I thought they all did OK ish, tbh.

Leaving aside the content of what they said, in terms of "performance" Cameron and Clegg were better - more relaxed and at ease. They also did the thing of remembering people's (questioners) names - Clegg particularly so.

In terms of the content of what they said, Cameron came across really well on the NHS but much less so on other topics.

Brown did well on things where he could point to evidence "we've done this" - eg. more Police numbers, or more Nurses, or shorter waiting lists/times, but was much less good on intangibles and the interpersonal skills.

Clegg did really well where he was able to show up the hypocracy of the other two - house of Lords reform, MP behaviour reform, using facts to support his case. There was one part where brown and Cameron were going at each other and he seemed to be left out, or seemed to have nothing to say, but overall I think he did just aboyt the best of the 3 of them taking performance and content into account.

There's a subtext to the way they speak though - though they answer questions from audience people, they're really talking to people who they want to vote for them - Cameron isn't talking to hard labour voters, or harline tories, he's talking to people who might be thinking about tories, but aren't sure - maybe people torn between tory and lib dem. The reverse is true for Brown and obviously Clegg is talking to people split between either tory/libdem or lab/Lib dem.

Whether the dynamics change for next time will be interesting

Spot on as ever , I take back all those things that Jon and Bicks said about you

Still unsure. I've put Lib Dems in the poll because I like their policies - apart from scrapping Trident. I guess I need to decide how important I feel a nuclear deterrent is in this day and age.

The good thing is that "Dave" is a broken man now

sorry? :lol:

OK, i'm left of centre and all, but that is just ridiculious.

Why the feck would he be a broken man, after 1 TV debate where he did OK-ish?

The comments are out there Jon, Cameron with all his millions behind him and the coaching etc basically failed last night. The mud is sticking and for him some of it is coming from his own people - I tell you a bet on Ashcroft's bitch as the next Tory leader - easy money

How is it ridiculous ? I can't find anyone who said he did well and as I said he can't change how he actually is for the next 2 debates or his overall personality in the future. It does not matter how much rich peoples money is spent on "Dave", you can't change him, therefore broken in my eyes and millions of others I suspect.

to try and defecet

I'm trying to work out whether you meant 'deflect' or 'defecate'. :P

:-)

That's Ok i'm still trying to work out what I say half the time

You are IanRobo I claim my 10 pounds

The good thing is that "Dave" is a broken man now

sorry? :lol:

OK, i'm left of centre and all, but that is just ridiculious.

Why the feck would he be a broken man, after 1 TV debate where he did OK-ish?

The comments are out there Jon, Cameron with all his millions behind him and the coaching etc basically failed last night. The mud is sticking and for him some of it is coming from his own people - I tell you a bet on Ashcroft's bitch as the next Tory leader - easy money

How is it ridiculous ? I can't find anyone who said he did well

Really. Try reading this threas for one such person. Also, he will have done OK in the eyes of the tory supporters.

The TV debate polls suggest that he came 2nd, whereas in others 3rd. Fairly even split of opinion as to who came 2nd out of him and Brown.

So, from that, I can't see how he would now be a "broken man". The tories still lead comfortably in the polls, so he can't be that unpopular mate.

I think you're going waaaay over the top. He didn't do as well as many expected, that is all.

Having watched the debate, Clegg looks top 4 Premeirship to me, in fact i would go as far as to say, where the phuk did that come from, thought the days of us coming up with a forceful strong orator and someone that actually looks like a leader had long gone, even through the camera he looked like he was telling you straight at the camera and at the questioner, oi, I'm talking to you mate bit.

Cameron, for me doesn't convince, sketchy, almost weak, when he expresses himself sometimes looks like he's pleading and very grandiose, he needs to drop that, take a leaf out of Maggies book of debate and get a bit hawkeyeish and hard lipped, focused, i thought the one thing that rogered him right royally was when Brown led him down the path with the "Thank you for putting me on your poster and showing me smiling David" you've done more for me than the media ever have, and while the both stood there giggling like a pair of girls, Clegg stood watching frowning and dead pan serious, can you imagine what Thatcher would have done with that comment from a labour leader, she certainly wouldn't have stood there laughing.

Have to say from this debate Clegg was a different class and if this was all we had to make a decision in an ideal world i would say bearing in mind the crapper we are in form a government choosing the best form all parties, and Clegg the leader, seems to me he's solid and would become a formidable statesman not taking any crap from the rest of Europe, can't see that in Cameron whatsoever, and we already know Brown.

I hope there's a hung parliament so that Clegg and Cable get a position of power by the back door. Then they can insist on electoral reform, and when they call another General Election later in the year under the new rules, they can start to really exert some power.

Wonder which party this morning is more worried about the LibDems doing much much better at the ballot boxes if Clegg continues to impress in the next 2 televised debates.

The Tory party Mike. The Lib Dems have more to gain in seats that are typical Tory targets

As you will see on here there are some for who the Tory party message however its glossed up and marketed will show that they have not changed from the days of Thatcher. If they have become disillusioned by Lab often they have moved to a Lib Dem vote. The lib Dems will attack the Tory party typically in "affluent" constituencies and could well win more of the vote.

Tactical voting under this shit system that we have in the UK will be a factor again - basically keep out the Tory party and the return of the witches policy

If you are right where are the disaffected Labour voters going to turn?

Radio WM did something when LDV shut and it was amazing how many of the ones interviewed were considering voting BNP.

What would that tell people if they finished 4th at the election.