The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

7 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

The golden era for me was 1995-2002, went to shit after that.  The Montreal Screwjob was the catalyst for the best time to watch.  Stopped watching after the Invasion angle.

The invasion angle was amazing while it was happening, but it was definitely the start of the downfall imo. 

Bloated roster, brand split, WCW/ECW talent cast aside, PG era. It just stopped working

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The invasion angle was amazing while it was happening, but it was definitely the start of the downfall imo. 

Bloated roster, brand split, WCW/ECW talent cast aside, PG era. It just stopped working

Although it was pretty entertaining, Invasion was the greatest missed opportunity of all time.

That amazing segment where Heyman declared ECW in the war aside, I think it’s always a case of what could have been.

Fans had been dreaming of WWF vs WCW for years and the only bona fide stars involved from the latter were DDP and Booker T.  

They should have waited for the non compete clauses to expire.  So they could have Austin, Rock, Taker etc vs Goldberg, Sting and DDP, with stars like Hogan, Nash and Hall flirting with both sides.  It was stupid that Austin, the man that was the catalyst for WWF winning the Monday night wars would end up leading team WCW.  

I do wonder though if that was the original plan and to run a separate WCW brand until they could get all the top stars.  Then that Booker T v Buff Bagwell match happened…

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Although it was pretty entertaining, Invasion was the greatest missed opportunity of all time.

That amazing segment where Heyman declared ECW in the war aside, I think it’s always a case of what could have been.

Fans had been dreaming of WWF vs WCW for years and the only bona fide stars involved from the latter were DDP and Booker T.  

They should have waited for the non compete clauses to expire.  So they could have Austin, Rock, Taker etc vs Goldberg, Sting and DDP, with stars like Hogan, Nash and Hall flirting with both sides.  It was stupid that Austin, the man that was the catalyst for WWF winning the Monday night wars would end up leading team WCW.  

I do wonder though if that was the original plan and to run a separate WCW brand until they could get all the top stars.  Then that Booker T v Buff Bagwell match happened…

I think it was a plan to run them separately then and maybe have an invasion later.

The issue is that even when he got the big WCW stars they all were made to look like jobbers and only Booker T, Chavo, Rey and Hurricane really achieved much in WWE

Likes of Goldberg, Steiner, NWO then Sting later just looked like clowns

55 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I think their biggest mistake was they were so determined to make WWF come out on top and look the best that they had all this WCW and ECW talent who they pretty much across the board had lose in the really big matches.

Then after the invasion they’re trying to push these guys they spent a year squashing.

At the time though, as a complete mark who knew nothing of what happened behind the scenes, I lapped it up

The case against him has got to be pretty damning if he's agreed to just back away and retire with a message on social media rather than some big farewell on one of their shows

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If WWE change their director I might start watching again. It makes me feel sick when they cut to a different camera angle every 2 seconds. 

Ah, never gets old.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The case against him has got to be pretty damning if he's agreed to just back away and retire with a message on social media rather than some big farewell on one of their shows

Yep, I get the feeling he's been told he has to go before some fresh accusations / revelations that they've been made aware of come out.

$14.6 million in payments by VKM that weren't recorded as company expenses.

Anyone looking for the exact reason why he retired out of the blue on Friday just got their answer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Triple H will do a much better job. Hopefully get the belt off roman get two belts again as this one belt part time champion absolutely sucks.

They need to start filling their roster with talent. Get bray back. See if you can poach some stars from aew like Wardlow. Try get johnny gargano back. These kind of things

On 23/07/2022 at 00:22, supermon said:

Why do I still get the feeling he'll still be pulling the strings, probably watching from home and giving Steph and Triple H orders

Not sure that would be legal, cos it would have been be announced to the stock market - him having a controlling influence - any discovery of him doing so could negatively impact shares and - I think - would be a legal matter. 

Spoiler

You could twll that main event was triple h. Never would vince be able to do that. Predictable but very good.

Problem is reigns is far too strong.  Who on the roster can realistically beat him? Maybe lashley? Other than that there is no one believable  unless edge goes full time.

Â