The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

God that KO/McIntyre promo was good stuff. Loved it. The ‘W’ word is back lol. 

Wwe has been alot better recently although i didnt get why theory vs ziggler was main event should have been aj vs lashley. Wierd choice that.

Has anyone been watching the wwe documentaries? Have to say im actually enjoy those more than the shows.

I really like the rivals one and i been watching the biographies which is quite deep. The lex luger one was very interesting although some elements quite sad.

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone watching clash of the castle? Its been brilliant. Uk fans are fantastic 

They were great all night, right from "heeeeyyyy bailey". I don't think the commentators or the wrestlers knew how to respond at times. Good ppv, the crowd made it a great one.

Really thought Roman was going to drop one of the belts now he's gone part time and out till the survivor series build, but I guess they're saving it for Cody.

12 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

They were great all night, right from "heeeeyyyy bailey". I don't think the commentators or the wrestlers knew how to respond at times. Good ppv, the crowd made it a great one.

Really thought Roman was going to drop one of the belts now he's gone part time and out till the survivor series build, but I guess they're saving it for Cody.

It was so good until the end. A rubbish booking at the end. People are so fed of reigns now its dragged on way too long now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It was so good until the end. A rubbish booking at the end. People are so fed of reigns now its dragged on way too long now.

Not a massive wrestling fan but gave up my season ticket to go last night with my lad.  It was tip top entertainment and everyone thought Drew would win so I kind of liked that he was robbed.  Great fun all round.

Edited by S-Platt
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

no idea if this was a work or a shoot thoughts?

Punk comes across as a right dick here. Bully aggressive and very unlikeable  i dont think this is a shoot.

apparently kenny omega and the young bucks go into it punk and management backstage threatened to quit aew.

Have to say khan looks scared of punk here. 

I feel its 100% a shoot as he's not in a program with Hangman or The Elite, while Tony Khan told Cabana to pack his bags and go to ROH, so these comments aren't even to start a program with Cabana either. 

CM Punk is pissed off that those that sided with Cabana have been unprofessional in their conduct and he vented those frustrations in an unprofessional way. I don't think there is more to it than that and Tony Khan has a lot of work to do to put out this fire. 

Not sure what will happen in the fallout from this. I don't know how Tony Khan settles this with everyone coming away happy. It's an awkward situation as The Elite need to be more professional as EVPs, while CM Punk needs to be more aware that his actions impact those around him both positively and negatively.

More info about the fight between CM Punk, Ace Steel, The Bucks, and Kenny Omega after All Out. 

The fight apparently lasted for about 5-6 minutes according to those in the backstage area at the time. The altercation involved CM Punk throwing punches, Nick Jackson getting hit in the eye with a chair, and Ace Steel biting Kenny Omega. 

Initial reports stated that the local police were called, but the local police have refuted that by saying they were not called to deal with any backstage altercation. 

The fallout from All Out is going to be something else and who Tony Khan sides with may have huge ramifications for the company going forward.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Daweii said:

More info about the fight between CM Punk, Ace Steel, The Bucks, and Kenny Omega after All Out. 

The fight apparently lasted for about 5-6 minutes according to those in the backstage area at the time. The altercation involved CM Punk throwing punches, Nick Jackson getting hit in the eye with a chair, and Ace Steel biting Kenny Omega. 

Initial reports stated that the local police were called, but the local police have refuted that by saying they were not called to deal with any backstage altercation. 

The fallout from All Out is going to be something else and who Tony Khan sides with may have huge ramifications for the company going forward.

If i was kenny and young bucks i would be looking at getting out of aew and look at wwe. Now its under triple h they could be pushed to the moon. Omega could be a absolute huge star there. Imagine an elite vs bloodline feud. It would be absolute epic 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If i was kenny and young bucks i would be looking at getting out of aew and look at wwe. Now its under triple h they could be pushed to the moon. Omega could be a absolute huge star there. Imagine an elite vs bloodline feud. It would be absolute epic 

I would think it much, much more likely that they would go back to Japan. Especially Kenny in NJPW, there's so much potential for him with the Ospreay feud, renewing feuds with White and Okada, new feuds with the likes of Shingo Takagi and Great-O-khan. 

The again, I also think that it's more likely that the outcome of all this will be Punk quitting wrestling, again.

Edited by hogso

This is a huge steaming pile of shit, but at the very least, this...

• It has been alleged that the Elite were denied entry to the dressing room and quote "kicked the door down".

...is making me chuckle.  The mental image of a heated Elite not being let into Punk's room, then Superkick-Partying the door is just too much. :lol:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, hogso said:

I would think it much, much more likely that they would go back to Japan. Especially Kenny in NJPW, there's so much potential for him with the Ospreay feud, renewing feuds with White and Okada, new feuds with the likes of Shingo Takagi and Great-O-khan. 

The again, I also think that it's more likely that the outcome of all this will be Punk quitting wrestling, again.

Yeah i think punk will drop belt to MJF and then call it quits. Cant see him sticking around

Just watched All Out. Good show, a bit of a shame that, given what has happened since and that's all that the internet seems to be talking about 

Spoiler

MJF's return was really good, absolutely perfect for his character. Totally overshadowed by the shenanigans of Punk. If nothing else, Dynamite will be an interesting watch tonight / tomorrow.

Everyone involved in the altercation after All Out has been suspended.

That includes Kenny Omega, Matt & Nick Jackson, Pat Buck, Christopher Daniels, Michael Nakazawa, and Brandon Cutler. CM Punk and Ace Steel will either be part of those suspended or will no longer be with the company by the end of Wednesday.

This latest info comes courtesy of Sports Illustrated. 

In fact, if the Cutler cam was live I'd like to have that footage reviewed; Ace may have been the one to throw the chair, but Nick Jackson getting clocked dead-on the eye with it whilst Christopher Daniels is in the same room? 

LONG. TERM. BOOKING.

YARN | Back and to the left. | Seinfeld (1989) - S03E17 The Boyfriend (1) |  Video gifs by quotes | c18dffb7 | 紗

Â