The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Anyone else listen to the Cornette podcast? Apparently there's rumours abound that the Elite have been upsetting a lot of the ex WWE locker room. There's also apparently a lot of stories not come out regarding the behaviour of twinkletoes mcfinger bang and the kookamunga kids (his words) that's fairly negative too. I know Corney doesn't like them at all, but I wonder if there's any truth in this, and Tony Khan is pushing them out?

Malakai Black been granted his release from AEW. 

He was used well for a few months and then this House of Black thing has gone completely downhill. 

Think he’ll have some time off now as I saw reports he said his mental health was suffering and that he needed a break and then I think he will be back in WWE for Royal Rumble as Papa H loves him. 

Edited by Ingram85

On 07/09/2022 at 16:06, Jonesy7211 said:

Anyone else listen to the Cornette podcast? Apparently there's rumours abound that the Elite have been upsetting a lot of the ex WWE locker room. There's also apparently a lot of stories not come out regarding the behaviour of twinkletoes mcfinger bang and the kookamunga kids (his words) that's fairly negative too. I know Corney doesn't like them at all, but I wonder if there's any truth in this, and Tony Khan is pushing them out?

He's OK is small doses. I could listen to Regal on his podcast talk about anything. It was Ska the other day, great stuff. Cornette, though...his views are a little too conservative for me, I think wanting to retain the old ways of doing things which he seems to have a hard on for, isn't particularly productive in this era. 

However...he does have an undeniable way with words which can be hilarious, his knowledge and access to certain stories and people is undeniable and he can be interesting to listen to on certain topics. I particularly like it when he dumps on Ian Rotten for ruining pro wres in the state of Kentucky, forever. Which is a completely true, and totally wild, story. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hogso said:

He's OK is small doses. I could listen to Regal on his podcast talk about anything. It was Ska the other day, great stuff. Cornette, though...his views are a little too conservative for me, I think wanting to retain the old ways of doing things which he seems to have a hard on for, isn't particularly productive in this era. 

However...he does have an undeniable way with words which can be hilarious, his knowledge and access to certain stories and people is undeniable and he can be interesting to listen to on certain topics. I particularly like it when he dumps on Ian Rotten for ruining pro wres in the state of Kentucky, forever. Which is a completely true, and totally wild, story. 

When he is in full rant mode it’s absolutely glorious. When he’s just talking shit he’s insufferable.

23 minutes ago, hogso said:

8 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

When he is in full rant mode it’s absolutely glorious. When he’s just talking shit he’s insufferable.

I don't always agree with him, in fact some of his views are just odd (his hatred of Mox for instance) but I could listen to Corny for hours.

Plus, he **** hates Right Wing arseholes which is always a bonus.

1 hour ago, hogso said:

I agree regarding his values, but I love it when he talks about old school wrestling. The man is a human library. I've watched so many of the matches from the 70s and 80s he's spoke about that I'd have otherwise never seen.

• Like 1

Just now, Jonesy7211 said:

I agree regarding his values, but I love it when he talks about old school wrestling. The man is a human library. I've watched so many of the matches from the 70s and 80s he's spoke about that I'd have otherwise never seen.

Oh yeah, no denying his knowledge. The territorial stuff from the early days of North American wrestling is a fascinating, as is the idea of kayfabe being alive and well at the time. 

15 minutes ago, hogso said:

Oh yeah, no denying his knowledge. The territorial stuff from the early days of North American wrestling is a fascinating, as is the idea of kayfabe being alive and well at the time. 

In my opinion, kayfabe is something that's missing in the current market. Suspension of disbelief and all that. It's a shame he won't work with AEW, I think they could really benefit from his knowledge. Some of his views are a bit outdated but they've got nobody like him that's seen and done it all.

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Thought dynamite handled everything well and Mox cut a great promo. 

MJF back helps me not care about the other stuff. 

MJF is getting face reactions though thats going to be a problem for aew i think.

We your gettin cheered more in punks hometown of Chicago then you have issues. If anything they should be turning punk heel now (if he comes back)

I think Punk is probably a terrible dressing room poison but his honesty makes him must see entertainment. I think he is right about AEW though and the snakes in the dressing room

AEW style with some younger guys are just spot fest boring for me

13 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Animated GIF

:lol:

It's widely believed now that Tony Khan was aware that CM Punk was going to say something at the Media Scrum, but CM Punk saying he's going to set the record straight behind the scenes and how he actually does it on camera are two different things. 

That face, and the many other faces during that Media Scrum are faces of betrayal, faces of disappointment, and faces of hurt. Tony Khan is at worst naive, but I feel for him in this scenario. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

So Punk needs surgery that will keep him out for 8 months 

Good timing.

I think that's why he went scorched earth. He knows his career is over. He's never going to get another world title run in AEW (provided he's not fired first) as his first title run lasted a week before he annihilated his foot, he then comes back and in his second match back tears his tricep and is out for 8 months minimum. That's two reigns that lasted a grand total of like 9 days. He's finished regardless of what happens with the third-party investigation surrounding the backstage fight. 

Â