The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The only thing that was decent about WM. Barring that and styles vs Shane the rest was lame and predictable

Probably one of the worst manias I've watched in years

hmm I quite enjoyed it, but I had low expectations for this years mania.  The table match was just epic!

Can't quite get over the ending!

Its time for me to give up on wrestlemania and wwe now. I cant keep torturing myself.

Apart from the cringeworthy cena/Nikki bit the first half of WM was good. Everything after trips v Seth was just the worst. What a **** way to go out after such a career. 

I know this is bordering on 'its still real to me dammit' territory but I've cancelled my network subscription and I'll just be reading results in future instead of watching. I'm kind of done. I hate Vince, I hate Roman, I hate Orton, I hate Lesnar. They aren't the future but Vince can't help himself, every decision he makes is purely done to please his ego and nothing more. Its so petty. Nothing about the endgame is done for the fans, we get lifelines now and again to keep us tuning in but when it counts its snatched away from us so I'm done. Its not worth it anymore.

Edited by Ingram85

@Ingram85 I know Vince gets a lot of shit for booking, but Reigns winning was Undertakers choice. 

Undertaker is old school and veterans should always go out on their back after passing the torch. Maybe Undertaker should have done this years ago, but I can't fault him for wanting to keep on going for as long as he physically could. The fact is that love or hate Roman Reigns he's the only guy on the roster yet to face Undertaker that could realistically beat Undertaker. 

I can find many things to fault with the match. The build up to the match was nonexistent which did hurt things, but as always these days that's down to WWE not knowing until 4-weeks before Mania if Undertaker can still walk. I would have built the match up as a retirement almost Orton-esque legend killer storyline with Reigns as the heel. It would have been brutal if while Undertaker was struggling to get up Reigns just hit Undertaker 10, 20, 30 times with a chair to win.. Alas they didn't pull the trigger on a heel turn which affected how thought provoking the ending was, but love or hate Reigns he was just the guy likely hand selected by Undertaker to beat Undertaker.

I feel for Reigns. There was a point at the end of that match where it felt like the story being told had ended and Reigns just didn't want to be the guy to end the Undertaker. I mean even when Reigns was leaving the ring he was shaking his head and looked dejected rather than elated at winning. Maybe they should have played that up (HBK vs Flair style), but I think the emotion was real and unexpected so it wasn't sold as much.

I'm not a huge Reigns fan, but the issue is as much with the fans as it is with WWE. I mean Vince is merely working with the sales data. The fans turn up to every Raw, every PPV and boo Reigns out of the building, but at the end of every night they see that Reigns sold more merch than every other superstar on the roster. Why are WWE going to stop pushing a guy that is clearly more over with the fans than anyone else? The boos are merely superficial at this point.

So Vince makes some bad calls, but I can't fault this one as firstly it would have been Undertakers decision it always is, and secondly Reigns is money and he will keep getting pushed for as long as people keep buying his clothing, arm bands, towels and collectors cups.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I just don't get the hate for Roman Reigns or for John Cena. 

Overall i thought the show was good. Really enjoyed it and looking forward to raw tonight. 

The funny thing is if the turned them they would probably then start getting cheered!

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I just don't get the hate for Roman Reigns or for John Cena. 

Overall i thought the show was good. Really enjoyed it and looking forward to raw tonight. 

Even though he doesn't have many moves Reigns's matches are generally quite enjoyable.  He's lacking in charisma though which is half the entertainment value really.  Checked my emails and got another three months free which is a bonus and watched most of Mania.  I thought it was pretty good actually.  I'm not sure how they're making money out of the Network as I've been able to see Survivor Series through to Royal Rumble for free and now got Mania onwards to Money In The Bank free too.  Not complaining, mind.

I don't watch any WWE anymore. But all the big moments i see shared on Facebook etc seem to still be relying on the attitude era wrestlers. 

Undertaker retiring, the rock returning, the Hardy's returning, stone cold returning. This is all i ever see of note from the WWE 

A very mixed bag:

Joe should have entered and steam rollered the battle royale.  Where was he?

AJ showed his class.  Carried Shane to a great opener.

The Hardys.  Wow!  What a moment!  Please be broken.

I never saw any other result than Cena/Nikki winning, so meh.

Brock v Goldberg was booked absolutely perfectly.

I thought Taker would end next year on 25-1, I had earmarked it.  Missed opportunity to finally turn Roman heel.  To have him beat Taker with no pay off sucks balls,

So yeah, decent, but ended on a real sour note.

Edited by Wainy316

if anyone is watching live currently

Spoiler

there is no way that roman can stay face after that IMO. Almost 15 minutes of straight booing from the crowd without letting him talk.

Edited by Villaphan04
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Good ole Vince just confirmed that they are going to "shake up the wwe" next week so I'm assuming that there will be a draft of sorts next monday/tuesday. 

Also just named Angle as the new Raw GM

What I did like about Undertaker's retirement was that it was Mark Calaway that left the ring. Left the gimmick in the ring, literally, looking pretty emotional and definitely beat up, walked down the ramp and disappeared. I sincerely hope it is a good 18 months - 2 years before he appears on WWE TV again, in a non-wrestling capacity.

Was an odd sense of deja vu with the Hardyz ladder match at WM - I'd watched ROH Supercard just before where they dropped the titles in a ladder match to the Young Bucks, which happened the day before. Was still a nice moment.

CZW's BotB is still not available...

Edited by hogso

9 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:
  Hide contents

Good ole Vince just confirmed that they are going to "shake up the wwe" next week so I'm assuming that there will be a draft of sorts next monday/tuesday. 

Also just named Angle as the new Raw GM

Spoiler

Bringing angle back is great. Not sure how that's gonna work once Stephanie returns.

With the draft I bloody hope they don't being AJ to raw will ruin him. I'm hoping cena goes raw and seth goes to smackdown

Finn balor is back too. If I was booking send him to smackdown to feud with aj for the title. 

• Like 1

AJ is likely going to RAW.

The rumoured plan for him initially was to lose to Shane McMahon and then leave Smackdown only to turn up on RAW the following week.

Now as we know this didn't happen, but I personally believe that's because a draft the week after Mania was decided instead. 

I don't want AJ on RAW, but I wouldn't be surprised if after next-weeks draft if he's a RAW superstar.

Edited by Daweii

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

AJ is likely going to RAW.

The rumoured plan for him initially was to lose to Shane McMahon and then leave Smackdown only to turn up on RAW the following week.

Now as we know this didn't happen, but I personally believe that's because a draft the week after Mania was decided instead. 

I don't want AJ on RAW, but I wouldn't be surprised if after next-weeks draft if he's a RAW superstar.

Ajs going to be ruined on raw. Keep him on smackdown to make him face of it 

• Like 1

Â