The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Mahal to win the title, Drew to win the NXT title, 3MB reform as the new super power in WWE, leading to AJ reforming a WWE Bullet Club to take them down, culminating in a Survivor Series elimination ten man tag match (throw each team a few new members) with the strap on the line.

Book it.

1 hour ago, hogso said:

Mahal to win the title, Drew to win the NXT title, 3MB reform as the new super power in WWE, leading to AJ reforming a WWE Bullet Club to take them down, culminating in a Survivor Series elimination ten man tag match (throw each team a few new members) with the strap on the line.

Book it.

They really do need to form  heel bullet club that would certainly brighten things up on SD. They should have aj win Mitb and then cash in SS against whoever champ is, then have Anderson and gallows come down try cost the champ the title  (let's say Orton) Orton fights them off and then Finn balor comes everyone expecting to save Orton but turns on him helping aj to get title. Then at survivor series have bullet club vs Orton and three others 

Edited by Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They really do need to form  heel bullet club that would certainly brighten things up on SD. They should have aj win Mitb and then cash in SS against whoever champ is, then have Anderson and gallows come down try cost the champ the title  (let's say Orton) Orton fights them off and then Finn balor comes everyone expecting to save Orton but turns on him helping aj to get title. Then at survivor series have bullet club vs Orton and three others 

Would love to see a Bullet Club v Shield v Wyatt Family feud

Not everyday you see an Apex Predator in the middle of resorts world :D

it was a pretty entertaining show to be fair 

IMG_0316.JPG

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

WWE have announced the Raw and Smackdown tapings will be in Manchester this November overlooking Brum again.

They used to alternate the Autumn one between Manc and Brum but since the last Manc one they have done Glasgow and Liverpool.  Assume they're just sacking Birmingham off like everyone else does.  Weird because Birmingham always has the best crowds and in Rebellion 99 the hottest pay PPV they've done on these shores with the exception of Summerslam 92.

14 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

WWE have announced the Raw and Smackdown tapings will be in Manchester this November overlooking Brum again.

They used to alternate the Autumn one between Manc and Brum but since the last Manc one they have done Glasgow and Liverpool.  Assume they're just sacking Birmingham off like everyone else does.  Weird because Birmingham always has the best crowds and in Rebellion 99 the hottest pay PPV they've done on these shores with the exception of Summerslam 92.

If you notice on their promos they always mention Liverpool to get heat but Manchester united when in Manchester... 

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Apart from the facts you point out, it's also a little odd that they wouldn't want to do the most important shows in Brum as the West Midlands are pretty much the hot bed of professional wrestling in the UK at the moment.

Was it after Rebellion '99 that the 'Plane ride from Hell' occurred? Love that story :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hogso said:

Apart from the facts you point out, it's also a little odd that they wouldn't want to do the most important shows in Brum as the West Midlands are pretty much the hot bed of professional wrestling in the UK at the moment.

Was it after Rebellion '99 that the 'Plane ride from Hell' occurred? Love that story :lol:

Yep, two of the top UK talents too from the area.

Plane ride from hell must have been 2002 as it featured Flair, Lesnar and Hennig.

That's right! Wrestling in the aisles and making the door open during the flight, Flair walking around naked apart from his robe assaulting air hostesses (wooo!), and something about X-Pac cutting someones mullet off I think...???

3 hours ago, hogso said:

That's right! Wrestling in the aisles and making the door open during the flight, Flair walking around naked apart from his robe assaulting air hostesses (wooo!), and something about X-Pac cutting someones mullet off I think...???

Also Hennig and Lesnar had a fight, Goldust was drunkenly serenading Terri his ex wife and Michael Hayes punched Bradshaw.

The best thing about it is Scott Hall of all people slept through all of it!

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:
  Hide contents

Goldust heel turn was probably one of the lamest turns in history. Got absolutely no reaction at all. 

Spoiler

He's too old for any one to care. Back in the day he was a great heel, but his best heel run was in the late 90's and most of the audience weren't around for that. Ultimately it's a huge shame as this is likely his last run in WWE.

I also feel for Alexa Bliss and Bayley with the announced Kendo Stick on a Pole Match, what are WWE thinking? That is some shoddy Vince Russo era booking and those two women are going to struggle to get this match over with the fans. One of the worst stipulations in wrestling by some margin.  

5 hours ago, Daweii said:
  Hide contents

He's too old for any one to care. Back in the day he was a great heel, but his best heel run was in the late 90's and most of the audience weren't around for that. Ultimately it's a huge shame as this is likely his last run in WWE.

I also feel for Alexa Bliss and Bayley with the announced Kendo Stick on a Pole Match, what are WWE thinking? That is some shoddy Vince Russo era booking and those two women are going to struggle to get this match over with the fans. One of the worst stipulations in wrestling by some margin.  

Worse than the Judy Bagwell on a forklift match?

On 2017-5-16 at 15:46, Wainy316 said:

Worse than the Judy Bagwell on a forklift match?

Not as bad as that thankfully, but Pole matches have such a stigma at this point they'd be better off with almost anything else. 

Edited by Daweii

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Mahal over Styles? Thats me done, wrestling is absolutely shit now. SD was the only decent thing in WWE now they have even ruined that  

Spoiler

I'm gonna run with it and see where they take it. I'm not super into the whole Mahal push, but maybe given time he can prove us all wrong.

As for going over Styles, I don't like it but Mahal did need the win a whole lot more than Styles at this point. Styles is the best in the world at what he does, Mahal is a former jobber trying to get some credibility back. It's sensible booking even if I don't like it. 

Watched the latest CZW event last night - Sacrifices. Lio Rush won the strap from Joe Gacy in a damn entertaining conest, although the 'hardcore' style is certainly not Rush's forte and he struggled at times - certainly when literally half the ring was covered with various detritus including broken tables, chairs, and a shattered cinder block. There were some really nice spots though, most notably a standing Spanish Fly off the apron through a couple of tables. Rush is massively impressive and really deserves it - despite having relatively little in-ring experience (3 years) he is just so fast and athletic, he really needs to be seen. His match against Richochet in PWG a few months back is a great place to start with him.

There's rumour that WWE are sniffing around him, so for as long as he's still with CZW I hope they book his title run by matching him against some of the top guys available at the moment (ZSJ was on the card too, for example), instead of funneling him towards an apparently inevitable clash at Cage of Death against (at least) Ricky Shane Page. And who wants to see that? Callihan, Starr, Dickinson, and Dave Crist are the sorts of guys who should be challenging, really. Some potential great matches there. Although there have been non-DM guys in CoD before, and it hasn't been too terrible, like AR Fox a few years ago.

I'd put Joey Janella in that list too, but he is apparently (kayfabe) done with CZW following his loss to Tremont on that card. Not sure where they're going with that, maybe a Wired title fued with MJF, who also won that title on the Sacrifices card.

The best moment from the night though was probably the return of MASADA, who faced off against SHLAK in the ring and they announced they'd face one another in the first round of Tournament of Death next month. I'm both excited, and very, very scared about the prospect of that match. SHLAK's recent deathmatches in GCW have been completely insane. I'm also wary about Jimmy Havoc's involvement in the event. I really like the guy, and his persona in Progress is great - but their deathmatches are pretty weak in comparison, and he was worked so few 'ultraviolent' matches I'm a bit concerned, but do hope he'll have a good showing, maybe getting to the semis. Then again, he does have a deathmatch against Ryuji Ito under his belt, and there aren't many non-Japanese wrestlers who can say that (off the top of my head, Danny Hovoc, MASADA, Drake Younger...(OK, curiosity got the better of me, I checked cagematch - there's also DJ Hyde, Devon Moore, Thumbtack Jack, and believe it or not, Rory Mondo))!

Â