The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

8 minutes ago, Daweii said:
  Hide contents

Kevin Owens is staying on Smackdown Live. 

The stipulation was literally if Jericho wins he has to join Smackdown Live to keep the US Title on that brand. There was no negative for Owens aside from losing the title. 

Spoiler

I had thought that that was the case, but I thought that one of the announcers had mentioned that in passing. Then again, you never know with the WWE 

I thought the announcing was a bit weird as well, as Booker T and Corey Graves seemed to swap between being face and heel during the show a couple of times.  The whole thing has been a bit of a mess, I don't really care that much about what goes on behind the scenes but it just is all over the place at the mo.

44 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I thought the announcing was a bit weird as well, as Booker T and Corey Graves seemed to swap between being face and heel during the show a couple of times.  The whole thing has been a bit of a mess, I don't really care that much about what goes on behind the scenes but it just is all over the place at the mo.

Spoiler

Yes I found that wierd boiler was being heel as well.

Also a big point I forgot was a cesaro heel turn. Saw that coming though but think he needs that. The tag division needs a heel tag team

I expect now Owens has lost title he will feud with Orton next after Orton squashes Mahal  (surely Vince isn't stupid enough to give him the title) and Owens will be next champ.

Also I think aj styles will beat Jericho for us title but massive step down for Aj 

I think with AJ he just wants to win titles he's never won before. He's been around for approaching 20 years, but he's fresh in WWE so there are lots of titles he likely wants to go after. 

Spoiler

Raw was not too bad but a completely ridiculous decision for lesnar to hold the title when you have full time talent like strowman, rollins, Samoa Joe, balor and bray wyatt on raw

I watched the 2011 Royal Rumble yesterday (The 40 man one).  I remember quite enjoying it at the time.

Seeing it again though I noticed how utterly awful the roster was back then.  The talent pool really is amazing at the moment.  A shame the quality of programming is no better.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:
  Hide contents

Raw was not too bad but a completely ridiculous decision for lesnar to hold the title when you have full time talent like strowman, rollins, Samoa Joe, balor and bray wyatt on raw

Spoiler

Yeah as a result we're likely to have Balor and Rollins fight it out for months over number one contender-ship. That said WWE is that predictable that after it all they will just make the match with Lesnar a triple-threat more than likely. I mean neither Balor or Rollins are beating Lesnar clean in a one on one match, so if they are getting the title off Lesnar at Great Balls of Fire then it'll need to be a triple threat of some kind. 

As for RAW. It was alright better than it has been for months. Though after Payback I think any show would look good. Bit predictable having Miz win at the end. I get that he's great, but having the same faces always going for the IC Title may be hurting the title a bit. That said the match will be good as The Miz makes everything good, I just think it would have been a nice treat to see Balor or Rollins going for the title instead.

PS. Alexa Bliss is so good on the mic and is getting so much better in the ring. Hard to believe that 8 months ago she was in NXT and wasn't even considered by many to get drafted. Now she's one of the best female superstars in WWE.. Amazing.

• Like 1

Watched the highlights of Raw. Will watch it properly tonight.  They made the IC title look weak by having them all come out to want to face Brock but having to settle for the IC title. Miz is great but Ambrose v Miz is done! However, quite excited to see Balor v Wyatt and I am enjoying Samoa Joe v Rollins. Love Samoa Joe's music.

• Like 1

Enjoyed the WCPW show I went to in Cov on Sunday night. Alberto actually turned up to a chorus of Paige related chants, as you'd expect, and swore like a trooper in what was a pretty family friendly show (considering the likes a Rey Mysterio were there, after all). After the match he randomly went in to the crowd, which prompted panic from the crew. Guy is alright in the ring, but an total liability out of it.

Fenix and Penta put on a great match, Primate and Scott Wainwright had a fund hardcore match which included a spot with Bea Priestly being slammed on to tacs, but the highlight was Cody Rhodes against Drew Galloway in the latters final match in the indies.

Also managed to watch my first 2017 PWG show- Only Kings Understand Eachother. Lio Rush is becoming one of my faves, dude is incredible. His match with Ricochet on that card should be seen.

5 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Charlotte is apparently the latest victim of photo hacking 

She is not good looking at all in my view. There is some of alexia bliss, damn she is hot

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 16:38, Daweii said:

Shit PPV, but I expected nothing less from a RAW PPV. 

Almost no redeeming factors for it..

Reveal hidden contents

Only possible good things is teasing the BROKEN Matt Hardy character by breaking him last night..

Chris Jericho winning and going to Smackdown Live was cool, but he's on tour starting Wednesday with his band Fozzy so I don't think he'll be around much.

Braun Strowman winning was neat I guess, but they kept Reigns strong in defeat which weakened it a bit. I would have much preferred a 5 minute squash match really.

Really weak event.

To anyone that doesn't care enough to watch the whole PPV watch Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt, it is the worst match I have seen since the Monster Truck Sumo match at Halloween Havoc (1995).

Worse than the Kennel From Hell match?

Does anybody watch Progress? I'm not quite sure why it's taken me so long to properly watch some events (might have something to do with Jimmy Havoc being in this years ToD), but I watched the last two during the last couple of days. I can't remember the last time I saw an independant wrestling show edited so well, it's a fantastic achievment. Really captures the atmosphere of the place. I'd love to go to one of their shows - unfortunately the upcoming one in Brum is long since sold out.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Worse than the Kennel From Hell match?

Worse than that. The Kennel From Hell match was a disaster, but likely still better than the House Of Horrors match.. All those matches are up there for the worst of all time, but the House Of Horrors just made no sense and didn't work.

10 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

What a crap Raw.  Angle couldn't even be bothered to make the trip so we had the nonsensical Ambrose and Miz as co general managers angle.

Spoiler

Smackdown is no better. Cant believe Mahal is no 1 contender what a way to kill wrestling both shows have sucked balls for a weeks now. SD was great when AJ was champ since they took it off him its been very lame 

Â