The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

8 hours ago, Daweii said:

@Wainy316 Agreed.

I suppose the silver lining from all of this is that Reigns is pretty damn hated already so a full heel turn for him maybe easier even as the top superstar in WWE.

That said WWE need to pull the trigger fast as Reigns must be the most hated "babyface" of all time and he hasn't beaten Undertaker yet.

they never did it with Cena and think Cena would have thrived as a heel

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

they never did it with Cena and think Cena would have thrived as a heel

Cena was a great heel at one point in his career before he was the face of the company.

The issue at this point is Cena is superman to every kid in the crowd and is the face of the make a wish foundation. It's hard to turn someone like that heel. 

Cena wants a heel turn and has done for years. Hell he wants WWE to return to the TV-14 days where violence and blood were common place, but his persona is so ingrained now that a heel turn almost wouldn't work now.

• Like 1

Yeah, I have to admit that when Cena started his 'rapper' gimmick, he was great. Dissing other wrestlers, crowds, and pretty much anyone else in a particularly amusing way frequently. 

@Daweii is spot on of course, he'll never go back to the Dr of Thuganomics, or any other heel character for that matter. I did wonder when Reigns stated to get a massive push while still in the Shield, if he could effectively take over from Cena in that regard, but I don't think so now.

• Like 1

Speaking of the indies during wrestlemania weekend, I watched GCW's Joey Janella's Spring Break earlier, which took place in Orlando yesterday. Card ;

Matt Riddle v Dan Severn

Joey Janella v Marty Janetti 

Lio Rush v Keith Lee

Spring Break **** match (this was a 13 man + 1 woman gimmick battle royal, featuring a literal 'invisible man' and Dink the clown, a midget wrestler) 

GCW Heavyweight Title - Anything goes, falls out anywhere - Matt Tremont v Eddie Kingston 

Braxton Sutter & Allie V Andy Williams & Penelope Ford 

Sami Callihan V Kyle the Beast

Those co main events :D not much on the under card, but the upper card was good fun. Riddle is possibly the hottest property in the indies at the moment, and it was a nice way to throwback to his MMA origins (I did actually watch his series of UFC ultimate fighter) against a legit legend. 

The whole thing capitalised on WWE's 80s throwback spoof 'Southpaw Regional Wrestling'. If you haven't seen any of the eps, check it out 

Would love this to take the model of the CWC and use some non-WWE talent. I'd particularly love to see Candice LaRae (very possible) and LuFisto (not so much). 

Also just read they're replacing all the NXT titles with new ones. I blame Paige :crylaugh:

Edited by hogso

Should be a great tournament. 

I think it will feature more indie talent than we'll be expecting. I think there will be more WWE talent in this tournament than the CWC as the female indie pool is smaller, but I have a feeling this tournament will be great. 

Candace LaRae will be in it surely as she's independent and married to WWE talent Johnny Gargano. Crazy Mary Dobson (Sarah Bridges) who signed for NXT last year may appear here as she hasn't really featured yet so a tournament could be great for that. I'm looking forward to it.

48 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

And Asuka kissed the old one just before it was swapped!

Yeah! So gross man. 

Takeover was decent, main event was alright, as was Tommy Ends debut and the women's match. The tag team match was great, awesome, awesome booking of AoP.

The results were ultra predictable, not necessarily a negative, as it should mean main roster moves for Tye Dillinger, Nakamura, and at least one of DIY or Revival. 

As for Asuka, there are a few women waiting in the wings would could step up, I know they've recently signed Kairi Hojo and were allegedly close to securing Io Shirai too. The latter is a huge star in Japan, and I could see an angle working great if they go for a kayfabe enemy from Asuka's past. 

Revival have been ready for a year now. Best tag team in the world IMO. So fun to watch.

Tommy End was very good, really enjoyed his debut as Aleister Black. 

Despite the lacklustre card I've found myself really looking forward to WM tonight. Got snacks and drinks in. I am ready. 

Edited by Ingram85

My prediction winners

Lesnar

Reigns

Owens

Orton

Aj styles

Naomi

Sasha banks (turns on bayley)

Enzo and Cass

Cena & nikki

Lone wolf

Showman to win pointless battle royal

Triple H (Samoa joe interferes leading to next feud for rollins)

6 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:
  Hide contents

The Hardy Boyz just returned and the New Day 'put' them in the triple threat ladder match. 

The only thing that was decent about WM. Barring that and styles vs Shane the rest was lame and predictable

Probably one of the worst manias I've watched in years

• Like 1

Â