The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Same. NXT Takeover will be great I'm sure.

I am looking forward to WM and I'm sure most of the matches will be good but nearly 75% of them make no sense and have about 5 mins worth of nonsensical build up. Only Wyatt v Orton and Jericho v Owens make any kind of sense. 

AJ vs Shane will be good but has had ludicrous build up in terms of booking. So AJ is angry at the man who has given him 3 number one contender matches? Its Bryan that's the heel in this. Shane has been helping AJ. Styles should be against Wyatt and Orton.

Women's matches are just a real cluster***".

Roman v Taker is my piss break match. Utter rubbish and plucked out of nowhere.

Rest of the matches will serve a purpose I guess and at least Miz/Maryse v Cena/Nikki and Ambrose v Corbin make some kind of sense.

Is Ziggler doing anything this year?

Even though the build up to this years matches make no sense on the whole, it does have potential to entertain.

I'm looking forward to

Owens v Y2J

Styles v Shane

Ambrose v Corbin

Wyatt v Orton

Raw Tag match

So about 50% of the show. 

Edited by Ingram85

Probably one of the worst WM cards I've ever seen. Taker vs reigns who cares about that? Who cares about orton vs Wyatt? Aj styles is the best thing on smack down at the moment and he is a match that names no sense vs Shane?  Then on raw you have Goldberg vs lesnar  again (yawn) while the best person on raw in jericho and he is fighting Owens which will probably be a Owens win.

for me should been AJ vs orton vs Wyatt 

I would have gone for lesnar vs Goldberg vs strowman vs reigns

oh another note the other buildup match that has been outstanding has been miz vs cena. The totally Bella's spoof absolutely brilliant.

overall I'd say the miz, AJ styles for (smackdown)and Jericho and Rollins (raw) are the ones carrying the company for both brands at the moment

Like Ingram I'm looking forward to about 50% of the card which normally would be great, but WrestleMania is 4-hours long (6 with the pre-show) that largely means upwards of 2-3 hours of this event could be shit. 

I am not looking forward to Hunter vs Rollins as much as I should be. I get that Rollins isn't injured or not as hurt as they make out as he's been training perfectly fine for weeks, but part of me thinks the match will be booked to be short and a bit of a non-event. I hope I'm wrong, but I just think Rollins will get the upper hand and then Samoa Joe will come down to end the match 5-10 minutes in. 

I am looking forward to the McMahon vs Styles match solely because McMahon is mental and will jump off anything. Now I get that the match has no stipulation, but that won't stop Shane. If he wants to dive off the WresteMania set design or the roof around the ring then he will. Shame really that I'm not in the slightest bit invested in the match, I just want to see an insane Shane moment.

WrestleMania may be good this year, but I really can't tell at this point.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

since the streak ended, Undertaker Wrestlemania matches are quite pointless

I'll be watching it as if the streak was still going as this is likely his last match. There is so much talk backstage of Undertaker walking around in severe pain constantly after taking just one or two bumps since returning. He needs to have the corrective surgeries he's needed for years, but he also knows those corrective surgeries will rule him out of wrestling for the rest of his life. So it kinda sucks that his final match is likely versus Reigns, but I'm gonna pay close attention to the match as it very well could be Undertakers last. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I think AJ styles is a bigger star than reigns, why have reigns beat taker ? Would rather AJ got the chance

WWE goes on merchandise sales and nothing else these days and Reigns is the highest selling superstar on the roster.

He overtook Cena for merch sales earlier this year. 

55 minutes ago, Daweii said:

WWE goes on merchandise sales and nothing else these days and Reigns is the highest selling superstar on the roster.

He overtook Cena for merch sales earlier this year. 

There goes any chance of a much needed heel turn for him then.

Do they not realise how stupid it's looked having their main guys booed out the building for 10 years?

Imagine if everybody booed Hogan throughout the 80's?  Would've looked stupid and ruined the product.

With Wrestlemania Weekend (have they trademarked that?) comes other companies trying to cash in on the influx of wrestling fans from all over the world.

Amongst them this year is CZW, who are holding their Best of the Best tournament in Florida, at Wrestlecon. They've held events at Wrestlecon before (including an infamous deathmatch between Masada and Jun Kasai a few years back, where the Crazy Monkey got his face ripped open on a gusset board), but nothing quite as big as this.

It's usually a really good tournament anyway, but this one is really shaping up to be special. Card;

Round One

Jason Cade v Ricochet v AR Fox v David Starr

Dave Crist v Jake Crist v Sami Callahan v Rey Fenix

Scorpio Sky v Michael Elgin v Zachary Wentz v Anthony Henry

Shane Strickland v Joey Janela v Lio Rush v Desmond Xavier

+Semi Finals

+Final

Non-tournament matches

CZW World Title - Joe Gacy v Brian Cage

Matt Tremont v Pentagon Jr.

Ultimate Opportunity Jackpot match - Ethan Case v Ricky Shane Page v Alexander James v Caleb Konley v Ace Austin v Tony Deppen

It's one of the best CZW card I've seen in years, and not a death match in sight. Full of not just well known American indy workers, but legit world stars. I mean, Penta, Fenix, and Ricochet? Jeez. I'm not sure what black magic they've used to conjur them up, maybe it was a 'Hey everyone we're doing an event Wrestlemania weekend, anyone going want to work the day before?'

Can't call the winner of BotB. I'd love to see Sami win it, but as good as he is, this is a tournament to give someone a push and he's been around years and doesn't really need it, and it won't be the non-frequent CZW workers either. I'd say it's out of either David Starr, Dave Crist, or Joey Janella/Lio Rush.

@Wainy316 Agreed.

I suppose the silver lining from all of this is that Reigns is pretty damn hated already so a full heel turn for him maybe easier even as the top superstar in WWE.

That said WWE need to pull the trigger fast as Reigns must be the most hated "babyface" of all time and he hasn't beaten Undertaker yet.

Â