The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

I don't actually mind the Undertaker losing to Reigns if he wanted to retire, it's the right way to go out, but god they need to completely change up Reigns' character.

It's insane that he's been this unpopular for this long and they're still pushing the same thing.

19 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I don't actually mind the Undertaker losing to Reigns if he wanted to retire, it's the right way to go out, but god they need to completely change up Reigns' character.

It's insane that he's been this unpopular for this long and they're still pushing the same thing.

I think that the seeds are there regarding a change in character. His promo on Raw was very cocky heel-esque 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:
  Hide contents

Nak vs miz feud it looks ...

Did Aj  turn?

Spoiler

I think AJ has turned to make his draft to RAW have a greater impact.

I still think he's going to RAW and him being so adamant that Smackdown is his show kind of made it more likely, but I'm intrigued by the whole thing.

Aside from that though. I really hope that anyone that debuted on RAW/Smackdown this week are immune from the draft as why call them up now with the draft next week?

11 minutes ago, Daweii said:
  Hide contents

I think AJ has turned to make his draft to RAW have a greater impact.

I still think he's going to RAW and him being so adamant that Smackdown is his show kind of made it more likely, but I'm intrigued by the whole thing.

Aside from that though. I really hope that anyone that debuted on RAW/Smackdown this week are immune from the draft as why call them up now with the draft next week?

Spoiler

The thing is Shane said there were negotiations so it sounds like trade deals not drafts like last year. If this is case why the hell would Shane trade AJ? He is one of the best wrestlers in wwe today.

but I agree AJ is going raw without question. He will be back with gallows and Anderson and I expect feud with balor

51 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The thing is Shane said there were negotiations so it sounds like trade deals not drafts like last year. If this is case why the hell would Shane trade AJ? He is one of the best wrestlers in wwe today.

but I agree AJ is going raw without question. He will be back with gallows and Anderson and I expect feud with balor

Spoiler

Ah possibly, what's funny that Shane was meant to be out there on Smackdown to clear up what the shake-up really was, but no one truly 100% knows. It could be a draft, it could be trades. 

A draft would make more sense for AJ leaving. If it is a trade then like you said Shane isn't going to get rid of AJ. I suppose we'll find out at the upcoming RAW Supershow. 

Current rumours about the Superstar Shake Up don't read if you don't want Monday's RAW potentially spoiled;

Spoiler

AJ Styles and Alexa Bliss to RAW

Charlotte Flair and The New Day to Smackdown Live

Not really sure who is winning in such a shake up. 

Shakedown moves 

Spoiler

To Monday Night Raw

• Apollo Crews
  • The Miz
  • Maryse
  • Dean Ambrose (Intercontinental Champion)
  • Curt Hawkins
  • Bray Wyatt
  • Kalisto
  • Heath Slater
  • Rhyno
  • Alexa Bliss
  • Mickie James
  • David Otunga on commentary
  • The Revival from NXT 

To Smackdown Live

• Jinder Mahal
  • Kevin Owens (United States Championship)
  • Sami Zayn
  • Shining Stars (Primo & Epico)
  • Tamina
  • Charlotte Flair
  • Sin Cara
  • Rusev
  • Lana
  • The New Day
  • Byron Saxton on commentary
  • Shinsuke Nakamura from NXT

This was the first week I've watch the three main shows for a very very long time, and as such I can only assume the impact was lost on me, as it failed to excite at all. 

I found the spot with Strowman and Reigns pretty hilarious, not that it was terribly done or anything (by the numbers booking for a monster sure, but effective regardless), but the obviously empty stretcher being chucked over the edge in the parking lot was quite comical. 

NXT was interesting, Kimber Lee (Kimberley)  was not quite squashed by Heidi Lovelace (Ruby Riot) which is a shame, but she looked in good shape. Biff (Oney Lorcan, a name that grows on me week by week) put on another really good losing effort, this time against the re-debuting Drew Mcintyre. I probably sound like a broken record, but I do hope they extend the show length and introduce a mid tier title, Biff would shine. 

Finally get to watch Best of the Best today, and those who watch NJPW will be able to confirm, but I hear Okada and Shibata put on an awesome match at Sakura Genesis, so I might try and watch that show too. 

Edited by hogso

Best of the Best didn't really live up to expectations, I'm becoming increasingly less fond of each Crist brother as their respective singles careers progress. 

Best match was Tremont / Pentagon dark, which was followed by the high point of the whole event - the announcement of Tremont v Onita in August! 

It'll be a huge moment in deathmatch history. One of the best current workers in the world against one of the legitimate legends. Anyone who ever watched the old FMW stuff featuring Cactus Jack, Mr Pogo, Terry Funk, Hayabusa, Goto and the rest will be familiar with the name, and all his crazy gimmick matches featuring explosions, barbed wire, piranhas, etc... 

a slightly interesting note: the WWE released a youtube video "Hostile Crowd reactions: WWE top 10" can be seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D96O3d3ynWc

Spoiler

They decided to leave out the two most hostile crowd reactions in recent memory (both against Reigns). I understand that he is a very good march seller, but he is the consistently most boo'ed superstar on the roster currently. To what lengths will the company go to 'protect' him?

22 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

a slightly interesting note: the WWE released a youtube video "Hostile Crowd reactions: WWE top 10" can be seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D96O3d3ynWc

Hide contents

They decided to leave out the two most hostile crowd reactions in recent memory (both against Reigns). I understand that he is a very good march seller, but he is the consistently most boo'ed superstar on the roster currently. To what lengths will the company go to 'protect' him?

Ridiculous, although I do agree with number 1.  If he'd won that night, there would have been serious riots.

I honestly cannot believe what i am watching right now and what I will write below. I am at a loss for words and just completely and utterly stunned. 

Spoiler

Jinder Mahal is your new number 1 contender for the WWE Championship. 

• Like 1

I was surprised at the number one contender, but it does fit the Smackdown Live mentality of building up neglected talent.

That said I can't see him winning the title, but he'll leave the title program with Orton a bigger deal than he entered it for sure. 

Spoiler

Jinder Malhal? Jinser frigging Malhal? My god who the hell came up with that stupid decision? The guys been beaten by every wrestler on the roster! Yet you have Corbin, AJ, ziggler or even bloody Charlotte would be a better alternative than him.

Backlash will be one of the worst ppvs in history.

The result of that No.1 contender's match was certainly unexpected and generated a ton of heat, so for that reason I can't really call it stupid, or a bad decision. It is a bit odd that the US Title match will seem a lot more glamorous in comparison, though.

My brother and I are going to the WCPW show in Cov on 30th April. It's the Mexican leg of the World Cup Qualifiers, participants such as Rey Fenix, Pentagon Jr., El Ligero, Rey Mysterio (who must be about 50 now? (having looked it up, he's 'only' 42, ha)) and a bunch of others.

What's got us interested enough to attend is Drew Galloway/McIntyre. Ofc he has re-joined WWE, but he is being allowed to complete his previously made bookings. He's WCPW's Heavyweight Champ, who has two shows left with them - 29th April in Newcastle, and 30th in Cov.

WCPW announced the other day that to stack the odds as high as possible against him retaining and to stop him 'taking the title to America', he has to defend it in a 30 man rumble In Newcastle. If he manages to retain, then they'll take 'extreme measures' at the Cov show.

They book their shows pretty well, and I would be quite surprised if he doesn't retain and they do something a bit special for his final WCPW match, having dropped that bit of foreshadowing.

Very much looking forward to it, haven't been to a live Wrestling show for a good few years.

Edited by hogso

Â