New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

I know we've been releasing our kids quite late since Nike has been our kit maker but the delay this season is obviously to give us maximum time to sort out the sponsor situation!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just since Nike have been making them. Villa have been one of the last clubs to get their kits out on sale for as long as I care to remember.

It's not just since Nike have been making them. Villa have been one of the last clubs to get their kits out on sale for as long as I care to remember.

Usually down to the sponsor thing as far as I know. Most teams have it in their contract that the sponsor needs to be confirmed by March at the latest.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine who works for Acorns told me this..

"As far as i know it's still up in the air. I think villa are looking at who else is interested but not sure anyone's stumping up what they want. I think if no one offers what they're asking for they'll stay with us. There's loads of other stuff we get from the partnership tho & i believe that'll all continue plus extras whether we're on the shirt or not. So it's all good either way really!"

A friend of mine who works for Acorns told me this..

"As far as i know it's still up in the air. I think villa are looking at who else is interested but not sure anyone's stumping up what they want. I think if no one offers what they're asking for they'll stay with us

Randy has said the same as well spaniel. I always wondered in the past why some clubs can tie up big long term deals and we seem to struggle to do the same and end up with the sort of deals that Wolves and WBA would have merited before they both got promoted. It seems that 3 top 6 seasons has not changed things much but if the money is not out there and in the present climate such deals may be hard to find then I would prefer we stuck to the high ground rather than sold ourselves for peanuts to some Mickey Mouse outfit...come to think of it might Disney want to do a shirt deal? :lol:

Yeah it's strange how Tottenham can easily get a 4 year sponshorship worth over £60 million and we can't even get a shirt sponsor for the amount of money that we are asking for, which is probably £10 million maybe?

I still want us to have Cadburys as our sponsor!

Yeah it's strange how Tottenham can easily get a 4 year sponshorship worth over £60 million and we can't even get a shirt sponsor for the amount of money that we are asking for, which is probably £10 million maybe?

Sadly it's because those cretins have become a much bigger club than us with a large international following and brand. Meanwhile we are having difficulty hanging onto the fans we have. The psychological trauma of the Ellis era really **** a generation of Villa fans.

The problem is that Birmingham is just not a fashionable city for anything, let alone football. Pretty much anyone outside of Birmingham has no regard for it and thinks of it as a shithole with the stereotype of moaning people. It's unfortunate for us and it's a misconception but it's very much alive and a reason why we're struggling to find a sponsor IMO.

and thinks of it as a shithole with the stereotype of moaning people.

Did those same people base their entire reseach on having spent 5 minutes perusing this forum by any chance?

Probably just your posts

Â