New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

Vodafone recently announced a shirt sponsership deal with the Dublin GAA team here in Ireland

Cant remember the figures but it was the highest price every recieved by any GAA county for shirt

sponsorship,(but dublin would sell more than twice as much apprail as any other of the counties)

So they still see shirt sponsorship as a way of promoting their brand, but I think you all might find the

logo abit off-putting.

Apologise I dont know how to post a picture maybe someone can do it for me?

http://www.buy4now.ie/elverys/aspx/productdetail.aspx?pid=6856&loc=P&catid=50.9

or maybe you can spen 30 seconds in the "Testing" forum

spend ten mins in there still couldn't get it too work, is it me??

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to a guy at the bus stop earlier. He was head to toe in villa kit and I do genuinely thgink he was telling the truth when he said he works in the warehouse at villa village. He helps out voluntary now apparently and originally started helping out there as some part of benefit/back to work programme.

He told me "on the quiet" that Cadbury's were going to be our new sponsor. Anyway, seeing as I'd love this to be true, I was inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. He did see a bit simple tho to be fair. Anyway, seeing as it is now in American hands thru Kraft I didn't actually think Cadbury's being our sponsor was that far fetched. I suppose it would be a good marketing exercise for a Birmingham based company to sponsor a local Birmingham football club.

HOWEVER, I think I'll have to dismiss it as total nonsense from this chap. Why??? Not long after he informed me MON is looking at bringing Juan Pablo Angel and Milan Baros back!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I spoke to a guy at the bus stop earlier. He was head to toe in villa kit and I do genuinely thgink he was telling the truth when he said he works in the warehouse at villa village. He helps out voluntary now apparently and originally started helping out there as some part of benefit/back to work programme.

He told me "on the quiet" that Cadbury's were going to be our new sponsor. Anyway, seeing as I'd love this to be true, I was inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. He did see a bit simple tho to be fair. Anyway, seeing as it is now in American hands thru Kraft I didn't actually think Cadbury's being our sponsor was that far fetched. I suppose it would be a good marketing exercise for a Birmingham based company to sponsor a local Birmingham football club.

HOWEVER, I think I'll have to dismiss it as total nonsense from this chap. Why??? Not long after he informed me MON is looking at bringing Juan Pablo Angel and Milan Baros back!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Cadbury's would be a dream sponsor. However, if that means getting Milan Baros back, I'd rather be sponsored by Goldman Sachs, or Halliburton, or Blackwater.

Interesting how someone can be intelligent enough to know we're getting a new sponsor, and bonkers enough to think we'd be getting those ageing non-scoring strikers back in. Takes all sorts, eh?

Surely the most obvious sponsor who isn't in the Premier League but who seems to be involved in basically everything else and is loaded is .....

red_bull_logo.gif

Surely the most obvious sponsor who isn't in the Premier League but who seems to be involved in basically everything else and is loaded is .....

red_bull_logo.gif

I think they are more interested in total control and ownership these days rather than simple sponsorship. Red Bull Racing, Red Bull New York and Red Bull Salzburg are all owned and operated by the drinks company. I fancy they will move into the UK by taking over a lower league club and building them up as they are doing with Leipzig. Red Bull Portsmouth?

Add Red Bull Racing F1 to that. I agree TSV that they are definitely more into total control. I still think they're missing a trick by not being even a shirt sponsor in the most popular and exposed league in the world though even while they conjure up their next plan for sporting world domination :)

Got chatting to a mate who worked in motorsport. He was saying that it costs about 5 pence to make a can of red bull which is the reason that they've got so much dosh

Yes, but their biggest cost will be marketing the brand, hence the investment in Motorsport which is just a big marketing and PR tool.

I work for Vodafone at the minute and marketing is high on the agenda. They're trying to push the brand as a youthful and exciting one. What better way than to sponsor a Premier League team full of youthful, exciting talent and one percievably on the up?

Maybe I'll get some money off my season ticket?!

All nice efforts, would prefer to see a traditional collar on the home kit though.

We should have learned by now not to torture ourselves with these efforts, as by the time it comes out the official kit actually disappoints compared to the mock ups.

Â