New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd do a mock up using the Dutch top and the rumoured Vodafone sponsorship...

villa1011.jpg

That top looks great! Where's the Vodafone rumour come from?

Hope it's true, then every Bluenose with a Vodafone mobile will have to go out and change provider! Ha!

I think they are still looking for a kit sponsor. We received an email at work on Friday from someone in sponsorship and business development saying the following;

"The reason for me contacting you today is to enquire if the xxxxxx Group PLC would be interested in our unique opportunity of shirt sponsorship for season 2010 / 2011 & beyond.

If appearing on a leading Premiership clubs shirt would fit in with your brands marketing strategy & help enhance further National and European branding, then I would be delighted to hear from you & provide you with a proposal.

I look forward to your response.

Regards "

Should this not be sorted already???

I'm surprised that a Premier League club of our stature should have to resort to sending out speculative emails to secure shirt sponsorship!

I'm surprised that a Premier League club of our stature should have to resort to sending out speculative emails to secure shirt sponsorship!

That's kind of Doug Ellis-ish. No?

I struggle to beleive that to be from Villa, no offence.

Why get rid of Acorns?

Because we're now in a position to get a decent sponsorship deal. The General said right from the off with the Acorns deal that Randy had been looking for sponsors but didn't consider any of the offers good enough to be worth doing in place of supporting Acorns. It was always implied that once the offers were too good to refuse we'd have a sponsor again.

Although that dodgy email makes me wonder if the offers are that good?

I think acorns will still be a partner/sponsor with Villa but just not on the shirts now. But i personally i hope that it's not Vodafone that will be the new sponsor.

If appearing on a leading Premiership clubs shirt would fit in with your brands marketing strategy & help enhance further National and European branding, then I would be delighted to hear from you & provide you with a proposal.

Vodafone are already a well established company and say if what Si is saying is genuine then i don't see how it would benefit either club or company by this move.

I would like/think it might be someone like Santander Group.

They are in formula 1 and i don't see why they wouldn't turn to the premiership and capitalise that way aswell.

...Hey who knows we might even see a advert appear on tv with Villa players involved doing something similar to there other advert which features Lewis Hamilton and a giant lego bridge being made! :lol:

Just my thoughts.

I think acorns will still be a partner/sponsor with Villa but just not on the shirts now. But i personally i hope that it's not Vodafone that will be the new sponsor.

Vodafone are already a well established company and say if what Si is saying is genuine then i don't see how it would benefit either club or company by this move.

I would like/think it might be someone like Santander Group.

They are in formula 1 and i don't see why they wouldn't turn to the premiership and capitalise that way aswell.

...Hey who knows we might even see a advert appear on tv with Villa players involved doing something similar to there other advert which features Lewis Hamilton and a giant lego bridge being made! :lol:

Just my thoughts.

I agree with you and posted a couple of pages back about how I'd be surprised if Vodafone was our sponsor. As I said, uness companies are partnering themselves with huge winning teams like the top 4, Football club sponsorship is all about raising brand awareness, which Vodafone already have.

But in the same vein, so do Santander. Just as I'd be surprised if it was Vodafone, I'd be equally surprised if it was Santander.

Those are two companies who want to be associated with the best. It's not about people saying "Oh who were that cmpany I saw on someone's shirt, I'll try them", it's about "Vodafone sponsor United so they must be amazing"

A similar story I think i put earlier in the thread. A good friend of mine works in Marketing for chartered standard and he sorted their sponsorship deal with Liverpool. He told me that villa were trying to get into them big time, but they thought it would be a PR disaster to follow on from a Charity, as it looks like they are throwing them out. Him and his colleagues told me at the league cup final that Villa are gonna struggle big time to get any decent sized organisation with any PR sense to sponsor them and follow on from a charity.............

who actually cares who sponsors us? Its extra cash for Randy no matter who it is. Fair enough the shirt has to look decent but id rather wear a crap looking shirt and be happy with the team than the opposite :)

Â