Fernando Gago 5

Hernán Crespo 9

Diego Milito 21

Rodrigo Palacio 7

Substitutions

Pablo Aimar for Esteban Cambiasso (59)

Luis Oscar González for Juan Verón (67)

Germany will win it. **** octopus

In my pool, I was wavering back and forth between Arg and Ger with the same scoreline (3-2)....

I chose Argentina

Methodology: 16 points awarded to champion, 8 to finalist, 4 to semifinalist, 2 to quarterfinalist, 1 to eighth-finalist... points are summed and divided by the number of countries from that confederation to appear.

CONMEBOL: 5, UEFA: 13, CAF: 6, AFC: 4, OFC: 1, CONCACAF: 3

CONMEBOL: Uruguay (4+), Argentina (2), Brazil (2), Chile (1), Paraguay (1) = 10/5 = 2.00

UEFA: Germany (4+), Netherlands (4+), Spain (4+), England (1), Portugal (1), Slovakia (1), Germany/Spain (4) = 19/13 = 1.46

CONCACAF: Mexico (1), USA (1) = 2/3 = 0.67

AFC: Japan (1), South Korea (1) = 2/4 = 0.50

CAF: Ghana (2) = 2/6 = 0.33

OFC: zero

Surely they can't keep it up. They remind me of Holland in 2008 when they thrashed France and Italy and were big favourites to win it but simply peaked too soon.

Germany. They don't give the impression of having peaked yet. The biggest test they have yet to face in these later stages is how they cope if they go 1 or 2 down. They looked a bit clueless against Serbia.

I cant believe after yesterday that Germany are third favourites.

I dont follow gambling at all, but it makes sense if they are underdogs in their semi final, surely?

can't see why they are underdogs in the semi, spain have been shit.

An argument could be made that whilst Germany have played extremely well, the defences they have been up against have been rather weak. Plus those teams were chasing the match, allowing Germany to counter-attack. It could be a very different story against Spain.

Germany were my pick before the tournament started, and I think that they have been the best team. The danger for them is whether Spain turn it on.

Neither Uruguay nor Holland have enough IMO.

Germany will win, they are so determined and concentrated, and the support here in Germany for them at the moment is unbelievable, my wife is German and my 2 girls are half German, so at least my house will be happy come next Sunday, they have shown us and the rest of the World how to play tournament football, they may not have all the superstars, but they have a great team ethic, we can learn from them, and they're record in competitions is awesome

i can see the germans being one of the best teams in the world for the next 10 years. they are so bloody good, and still a young squad.

they are fit as hell, run forever, dangerous on the break, can pass. they have it all. only question marks is defensively. if they can destroy argentina like that make syou wonder what would have happened had fat franks goal counted...

IMO Germany will not win in it, Argentina were a mess and so was we. Its either Holland or Spain for me, but if im honest Holland are going to take some beating. They outplayed Brazil in that second half, fought for ever ball, plus they have some terrific tallent, WS is my player of the tournament atm.

Â