Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think thats more to do with scoring the game out of 5, for example scoring a game 4/5 could actually be interpreted as 80% whereas if it were scored out of 10 in decimal format i.e 9.6 then it gives a more accurate score

It's the classic games press vs Metacritic argument. Pretty much anybody in the games media has ranted about it at some point.

It doesnt change the fact that Metacritic is a good guide for customers.

Metacritic is a much better source for review scores.

Red Dead Redemption on Metacritic

its not, its horrible

it lends more weighting to bigger sites, and converts different scoring systems to %, like a 3 1/2 out of 5 game becomes 70%, when 3 1/2 is actually a very good game

its a broken system

You've missed the point. The guy wants to see a collection of reviews and Metacritic is much better resource than Gamespot for that, hence my link.

The argument about why Metacritic's overall scoring and conversions aren't necessarily a good representation of a game's critical reception is irrelevant and there's no need to bring it up.

I recall reading that the HMV in-game stuff is the Warhorse.

I was surprised to see that The Hut dispatched my copy of the game yesterday but I'm still not expecting it until Thursday or Friday. I could wait longer too and not be that fussed as I'm still not feeling the hype at all for some reason.

Will those that don't buy the game from HMV from example, be able to get the warhorse in game? Or is each little bit of DLC as exclusive as retailers say it is?

The free MS points you get at HMV will come in handy too with the release of the second MW2 map pack soon, Splinter Cell Conviction getting some DLC aswell.

HMV are giving 800 MS points (or free copy of 3:10 to Yuma on PS3) with standard copy in store at £39.99, if you pre-order on HMV website you get the War Horse and the 800pts.

' the currency of xbox live' I hate it, it forces you to buy more points than you need, meaning you will be left over with extra points. I'm sure there was a thread on here somewhere about a guy who sued Microsoft about making him purchase points he didn't want, because they are only available in certain amounts.

Looks like Fallout: Wild West.

Shame it's not coming out on PC. I would have got it.

I'm hoping it will be quite a bit more exciting than Fallout to be honest.

fallout was more than exciting, it was a feckin' masterpiece.

RPGs FTW

Anyone had it come through yet?

And to AVFCDAN how you finding it?

Not had time to play anymore yet sorry mate.

Been at work and enjoying the sunshine outside last few days...

I'll be waiting for one of you lot to tell me about it at this rate.

Â