Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know the in store prices of Blockbuster and Gamestation for this?

Have a few games to trade in and trying to figure out the best offer to get it on Friday.

At my local blockbuster it's 37 but you get 5 quids worth of vouchers, enough to convince me anyway as I have about 20 quids worth of unused credit with them

They do good trade in prices?

Thinking of trading in Uncharted 2, how much off the 37 you reckon..

Hmm wish I'd pre ordered. I'll just make sure I get there first thing in the morning.

You won't need to. You'll get a copy as easy as you would any other game. If anything, you've more chance of not getting the game on release day by pre-ordering than you have just buying from a high street shop on the day of release.

Id say thats true except for FIFA's an COD's

I queued with about 150 people in asda 24 for fifa 10!

im a right nerd...but for 25quid you couldnt afford not to!

Anyway 1 question. can you use the lasso in different ways like makin trip wires of hangin people from trees? that would be brill, but i highly doubt it cos i have not seen or heard anyone do it.

Hmm wish I'd pre ordered. I'll just make sure I get there first thing in the morning.

You won't need to. You'll get a copy as easy as you would any other game. If anything, you've more chance of not getting the game on release day by pre-ordering than you have just buying from a high street shop on the day of release.

I would imagine this to be the case for most people but caution is advised as apparently, demand for the game has outstripped the initial shipment and the game has been short shipped as a result. Shopto have stopped taking pre-orders because they can't fulfil any more and HMV have said that they've received just as many pre-orders for this as they did for MW2.

Apart from the extra ten to fifteen quid the shops add on...

Apart from the extra ten to fifteen quid the shops add on...

I've not seen that much difference in price between the online retailers and the high street, couple of quid tops. Most places are offering DLC if you pre-order online which I don't think you get when you buy in store. I'm just going to get a copy Friday from HMV, because they're offering 800 MS points free, and they cost more than the few quid you're going to get knocked off by ordering online.

Its £39 at HMV.

Whilst i pre-ordered with Tescos for £29 and they have only now upped it to £39

So unless you get a tenners worth of MS points, i doubt its worth it.

Especially as some teenager has probably saved their pocket money up for his brother to buy it for him too ;)

That amount of MS points would probably work out at a tenner, so you buy at HMV and you get those free, you get a tenner off, so it is worth it.

I've got a gift card with credit on it too, which is why i'm buying from HMV.

That amount of MS points would probably work out at a tenner, so you buy at HMV and you get those free, you get a tenner off, so it is worth it.

It's £6.85 worth of MS points.

It's £6.85 worth of MS points.

Oh, I see. How did you work that out?

How much is 2100 MS Pts?

Initial impression I'm very impressed, not done much yet but enjoying it so far, loads to do. Only problem so far is the controls but this is probably more down to me just borrowing the GTAIV DLC off a mate. The shooting almost identical to GTA in control but feels more fluid. The horses is where I've had problems, they are very similar to being on foot by I keep trying to use car controls. I'm sure once I get sed to it I'll be ok

100 points is 85p in the "official" rate. You can often find cards which sell more points for less cash than the official rate.

Â