Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those still not sure what version to get, looks like the PS3 is getting the short end of the stick once again.

Neogaf comparison

What do you mean 'once again'?

Well when it comes to multiformat titles, the PS3 gets handed a technically inferior version on too many occasions.

It's come as no surprise to me that this is the case for RDR.

FFS isnt PS3 meant to have the better hardware?

It seems annoying there is quite alot of difference in the two versions...

I wont even notice when im playing because obviously I wont ave both versions of the game but it still annoys me that they arent both the same.

I mean what system were they made for???

I wont even notice when im playing because obviously I wont ave both versions of the game but it still annoys me that they arent both the same.

IIRC a lot of developers said that PS3 was extremely difficult to make games for due to it's complexity or something. I forget the exact line.

Anyway, not ALL multi-format games favour the 360. Final Fantasy XIII for example.

To slightly go off topic i live by this rule when it comes to current gen gaming.

360 - Better gaming console

PS3 - Better multimedia console

Well it's not quite as simple as one console being more powerful than the other or having better hardware. The PS3 is a more powerful machine than the 360 hands down but it's got some batshit architecture that bottlenecks the performance unless special attention is paid to it (rewriting significantly big chunks of game code that isn't really cost effective).

Without going into the details why (because frankly, I don't know them all), it's easier for most dev houses to code for the 360 and then port over to the PS3. Seems this is the case with RDR (as it was with GTAIV which ran on the same engine)

It's definitely a bit disappointing, but to be honest when I'm having a hoot on the game the last thing I'll be bothering about is the comparison between it and the other versions.

It's definitely a bit disappointing, but to be honest when I'm having a hoot on the game the last thing I'll be bothering about is the comparison between it and the other versions.

Yeah a tad annoying, looks a bit too shiny as well though

But are you really going to notice, unless you play your xbox right next to your ps3 with two tvs?

Oh by the way, before I forget again, Shopto aren't even going to SEND the games until Friday..so you wont be getting until Saturday..which I think is shit. I wanted it a day early! (tomorrow) not a day after you big wufters!

Oh by the way, before I forget again, Shopto aren't even going to SEND the games until Friday..so you wont be getting until Saturday..which I think is shit. I wanted it a day early! (tomorrow) not a day after you big wufters!

They're shipping Thursday so you'll receive it Friday. They can't ship it any earlier than than that though due to an agreement with Take Two.

Here's Shopto's say on the matter.

Guys,

We understand the excitement this title has generated and that everyone wants their copy as soon as possible, however the simple fact is we've had to sign an agreement with Take 2 that copies will not be with our customers before Friday's official release date. We are not alone in having to sign such an agreement.

If you're unhappy with not receiving the game before the release date then please feel free to click "view" on your pre-order basket and follow the cancellation procedure. If it's already processing them contact our support team and if it hasn't yet been prepared for shipping tomorrow we will try to cancel it for you. Alternatively if it's too late for either of these options then you're more than welcome to return your copy to us when it arrives for a full refund.

With regards to other retailers shipping, they operate in a different way to us and while they may have sent dispatch e-mails out their copies will most likely either be making their way through Jersey or just be completed and ready to hand to Royal Mail on Thursday.

All the staff here are working their hardest to ensure everything runs smoothly and those with pre-orders have their game on Friday so we ask and thank you in advance for your patience at this extremely busy time!

I'm believe most of the orders have been processed now and are literally waiting to be picked up by Royal Mail tomorrow. I would imagine yours will be fine and you'll get to play on Friday.

So when you go onto Shopto's website. I only have we have recieved your preorder. Does this mean Ill get it friday? because it isnt in my 'Orders' section?

It's very possible that they simply haven't got around to processing yours just yet. There's still the rest of today and tomorrow. It could also be that because the orders haven't been dispatched, their system can't flag them as complete just yet.

You could give them a call if you're concerned I'm sure. I know a few others who ordered with Shopto have. Also, I think they have a guarantee that entitles you to some money back if you don't get your games off them on day one.

Anyone know the in store prices of Blockbuster and Gamestation for this?

Have a few games to trade in and trying to figure out the best offer to get it on Friday.

At my local blockbuster it's 37 but you get 5 quids worth of vouchers, enough to convince me anyway as I have about 20 quids worth of unused credit with them

Shall be getting this friday, not preordered it though...

I don't see there being much point to pre-order games that aren't GTA/CoD, as nothing else usually comes close for sales.. Although I'm begining to think it might have been a bad idea, not preordering.

Â