General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

General Krulak here:

1. paddy: Yes, action is being taken. The Club has notified the authorities...it is in their hands.

2. Jones1328: Your note has been "picked up" by the Club staff. They will get right on it but need to know your real name, your reference number and a way to contact you. If you will reply to this post, someone will "pick it up" and will contact you and sort the problem.

3. Dave1380. Villa is NOT into debt in the sense that you and I might appreciate the word.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

Here's a joke to cheer you up a little!

Martin O'Neil, Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger & Rafa Benitez meet in a pub for a few beers prior to this weekend's round of FA Cup matches. Martin goes up to the bar and buys the first round of 4 beers, then Ferguson buys the second round of drinks, Wenger gets in the third and Benitez gets the fourth. Martin then goes back up to the bar and comes back with just the one beer - for himself. The other 3 managers all look at him and ask "where's our drinks?" to which, Martin replies "sorry guy's you aren't in the 5th round!" :lol:

Come on the Villa boys!!

Hi General, thanks for your response to my "debt" question.

On another matter, I came across the Community Coaching scheme recently and have to say how very impressed I was with them - all of the kids on the course enjoyed themselves and the work they carry out has not only a possitive impact on the kids (football not crime and all of that) but I am sure that we'll get a few new fans as a result of the work. I was however surprised to hear that these roles are only on a short term contract and that these are due for renewal at the end of the year. Can I just say that, in my opinion, this is a valuable resource and that I for one would be disappointed if the facility didn't continue, are you aware of what is happening with this service?

Up the Villa!

Dave

Hi General,

Sorry to be here to complain, but the issue i'm raising is beginning to really frustrate me.

In August 09 i was in Birmingham and bought the new kit, a rain jacket and a few other bits and peices from the shop which was great!

As i live in Ireland 99% of shops stock little to no villa merchandise so this was my only real chance to buy villa products except for using the website - which is where my frustration comes in...

Shortly after i returned home i torn a hole in my Villa jacket and couldnt get it repaired. Since then i have been on the villa direct website 3/4 times a week looking to reorder it - thats 5 months of searching and waiting!

On many occasions the jacket wasnt even listed on the site and even when it was there were never any sizes available.

I have emailed the shop at least once a week asking for stock updates - again thats 43 emails! and the only replies that i get state:

"Thank you for your email,

I have looked into this for you and unfortunately we do not have any expected dates as to when this item shall be back in stock.

Please do keep checking on our website as this is regularly updated with new stock.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours Sincerely"

Is there anything you can do to help improve this as its not really worth the flight to go to the club shop every few months...

Thanks General!

UTV!!!

Hi General

just thought i'd mention it to you but I was looking at trying to book hospitality for a forthcoming match

When I emailed "prepared@avfc.co.uk" as per the official site i received an auto reply thanking me for my interest in some event taking place in October 2009

Many thanks for your response to the Business Breakfast Invitation on the 29th October 2009. We can confirm receipt of your email and that your attendance has been registered.

Should you wish to add any further guests or require any more information then please do not hesitate to contact the team on 0800 612 0960.

We will be operating a named guest list on the day. Please note that we will not be issuing tickets.

We look forward to seeing you there!

and as of yet I haven't received a reply to my hospitality enquiry , possibly as the email may not be getting to it's intended destination ??

General Krulak here:

1. villarocker: A great joke...wouldn't it be brilliant if that actually happens across the board!!

2. dave1380: I am not sure what to look into...right now it sounds like the contract is set for renewal...or at least up for renewal. Let's see what happens before we go to general quarters.

3. flashingqwerty: Although I am big on emails, I am also big on the phone. I would simply call the shop, ask for John Greenfield or his assistant, and simply tell him what the problem is and see if he can sort it.

4. tonyh29: Again, yours is pretty straightforward...just call Villa Hospitality and they will jump on your question like a raven on a road kill!!!!!

General.

Wembley flag - check

Wembley shirt - check

Wembley novelty foam finger - check

Wembley comedy claret and blue afro wig - erm....that's a negative.

Can you please sort out this oversight at the club shop, I don't want to get to Wembley looking like an idiot now do I?

Hi General, thanks for your response to my "debt" question.

On another matter, I came across the Community Coaching scheme recently and have to say how very impressed I was with them - all of the kids on the course enjoyed themselves and the work they carry out has not only a possitive impact on the kids (football not crime and all of that) but I am sure that we'll get a few new fans as a result of the work. I was however surprised to hear that these roles are only on a short term contract and that these are due for renewal at the end of the year. Can I just say that, in my opinion, this is a valuable resource and that I for one would be disappointed if the facility didn't continue, are you aware of what is happening with this service?

Up the Villa!

Dave

Hi Dave,

Not really sure what you mean about short term contracts? The community coaching team have 16 (at least) full time coaches with many p/t staff backing them up.

Send me a PM to expend to stop clogging up the Gens thread.

Gen

This one got lost in the change over of threads.

Can I ask what re-development is scheduled for this summer. It must have been booked by now.

I would presume there are no major changes (ie: North Stand) as this would affect Season Ticket sales and they go on sale in less than 3 months.

Also

Can I ask Villa's position on European places. There is a lot of talk recently about the FA Cup losing its standing which is a catastrophe for English football, it was the biggest day in Europe - Cup Final day - and now finishing 4th is seen as a bigger acheivement which is disgusting.

One thing that was always banded about was giving the last Champions League place to the cup winners - that would see it re-ignited - but alas, the Sky 4 would never let it happen.

I wonder whether that will change now the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal are not so sure of finishing top 4 - I would hazard a guess it would be a yes.

Personally, if the FA did give the last CL place to the FA Cup winners , even if it meant us missing out, I would welcome it. The traditions of football should come before short term money making.

I ask the question because, I bet your bottom dollar, if Liverpool lose that 4th (and maybe Arsenal as well) , whether it is to us, Spurs, Man City or Everton - I bet they raise it. So what is our view ?

Paul

Personally, if the FA did give the last CL place to the FA Cup winners , even if it meant us missing out, I would welcome it. The traditions of football should come before short term money making.

It's not really up to the FA... UEFA's bylaws specify that CL places have to be awarded based on league position and that cup winners have to go in the EL.

It's not really up to the FA... UEFA's bylaws specify that CL places have to be awarded based on league position and that cup winners have to go in the EL.

Thats wrong.

Fifa said a few years ago, it was up to the countries how they decided to allocate them - this was when Liverpool finished outside the top 4 and won it.

If you remember (although they relented at the end) they said if Liverpool were to be allowed in, it would be at the expense of the 4th place team. They quite catagorically said at that time, it is up to the FA to allocate it.

That was the case, but after the Liverpool outside the top 4, UEFA codified it.

UEFA Champions League Regulations"]

2.02: UEFA member associations are represented on the following basis:

d) Four representatives: winner, runner-up, third-, and fourth-placed clubs in the top domestic league championship

2.03 then handles the titleholder exception... the salient point is that for an association with four places (e.g. England), the only legal CL entries are 1st through 4th in the league or 1st through 3rd plus CL winners.

4. tonyh29: Again, yours is pretty straightforward...just call Villa Hospitality and they will jump on your question like a raven on a road kill!!!!!

appreciate the reply General ...... my post was more about the auto reply referring to an event that took place 6 months ago and someone at Villa hospitality / web site setup might want to look into it

Hi General

With Villa getting a replay against Crystal Palace (a lower league side) sandwiched in between a premier league game against Burnley and an expensive day out at Wembley it will be a tough time financially for the fans.

After great competitive prices for the match against Brighton it enabled Villa to have the highest crowd of the round and I feel if the club want a good turn out then, and I'm sure they will, the price structure will need to be similar for this game.

Keep up the good work, thanks.

Hi General

With Villa getting a replay against Crystal Palace (a lower league side) sandwiched in between a premier league game against Burnley and an expensive day out at Wembley it will be a tough time financially for the fans.

Here we go again General

Hi General

Read this article today

Any chance the club could do something for him and find him a ticket ?

IT’S more than 40 years since Robert Porch drove the victorious villains to Wembley to beat Manchester United 2-1 in the FA Cup final.

And the 88 year-old, who was the heroic team’s official bus driver in 1957, said he can’t wait to watch the claret and blues meet the reds again in the final on Sunday, February 28.

Names like Peter McParland, and Eric Houghton are cult heroes for the younger generation of supporters.

But for great grandad-of-two, Robert, from Erdington, life with ‘the boys’ was once the norm.

From the age of 21 he transported them up and down the country, including the winning trip to Wembley 43 years ago.

“Those were the days,” the ex-Flights driver said. “You’ll never get times like that again.

“The boys were brilliant to me – proper gentlemen. I used to stop in hotels all over England with them and they showed me a lot of respect.

“That day at Wembley was fantastic, but I couldn’t stay and celebrate because I had to drive the coach back to Birmingham in preparation for the tour of the city.”

Robert said that the Villa side at the time did not play attractive football, but were instead built on fitness and work ethic.

He praised coach Bill Moore, manager Eric Houghton’s right-hand man, for making the team fit enough to win the cup.Things changed behind the scenes at Villa Park and after over 25 years of service the great grandad-of-two from Erdington left his position and has never been back.

“It was very upsetting leaving and I’ve never returned since,” he said.

The coach driver’s tenure began in 1942, and ended in 1968.

During that time he also worked through the 1966 World Cup that was held in England.

He remembers his time well, driving both the Argentinian team and then the Spanish team to venues in the country.

“Some of the Argentinians were animals,” he said. “They would spit on the floor and be rude.

“Whereas the Spanish were very nice people, and I remember stopping with them in a hotel in Sutton Coldfield.

“I’m still a big fan and it would be fantastic to go to Wembley to watch Villa again – but I know I’ll be watching it on the TV this year.”

source: Birmingham Mail

Gen

I mentioned this before, but it has happened again and to be honest, it is frustrating.

The Palace tickets are now on sale, and it is a cup scheme fixture.

The ticket page on the site says Adults £10-£15 , child £5

I sit Holte End Lower - so what is it, 10 or 15 pounds ?

Surely it isn't that difficult to put the price for each section on there. Not as bad this time, but last time I mentioned it it was the FA Cup and said (I think) £19-£32 - when you are buying 4 that is one hell of a difference !.

ALso, expect a really poor crowd for Palace. I have not missed a home game since 1983 - but I honestly think I'm gonna have to miss this - I'm just skint and can't see how I can do it. I think a lot will be in the same boat.

People will say "it's only a tenner" - but petrol is £20 , food / drink - even a tenner a ticket will be £40 cheapest - just can't do it 3 days before a final.

Gutted, as to be honets, I'd swap the League Cup for FA Cup anyday

Cheers, I'm not moaning, the Villa have done all they can by keeping the tickets low (although I would have thought something like kid ST holders could have been let in free or similar), just financial reality.

UTV