LC: SF Blackburn a Match Thread 2010/01/14 20:00

limpid

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the other semi is close to being called off, which messes things up for us.

How?

Because City are playing Blackburn next Monday. If our match is rescheduled for next Thursday and United and City play theirs sometime in the future that's a different story.

I'm sorry, I still don't understand what you mean??

I think I'm confusing myself. If our game is on Thursday 14th then everything is fine.

Apparently the other semi is close to being called off, which messes things up for us.

How?

Because City are playing Blackburn next Monday. If our match is rescheduled for next Thursday and United and City play theirs sometime in the future that's a different story.

I'm sorry, I still don't understand what you mean??

I think I'm confusing myself. If our game is on Thursday 14th then everything is fine.

It can only be on thursday and that has nothing to do with the other match which may also be on thursday.

MANCHESTER SEMI IS OFF

they're not gonna call it off 30 hours prior to kick off surely

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

It's gonna be off mate. How do I know? I'm looking out of my window!!

I said this morning the Villa game would probably be off.

I've not seen snow like this, ever.

I got let out of Bishop Walsh early, happy days. But a bit annoyed that the game is off though. We were planning to leave at 4, then heard about the weather in Blackburn so planned to leave and 3, and then my Dad text me this morning to say we were leaving at 2! Oh well.

They have rearranged Mancs derby for 2 weeks and 3 weeks time. So they have moved BOTH legs. So us 2 I suspect!

theres a full set of midweek league games on the 27th though...

They have rearranged Mancs derby for 2 weeks and 3 weeks time. So they have moved BOTH legs. So us 2 I suspect!

Its on SSN now.

Game vs Hull postponed.

As im at 6th form it doesnt effect me to much having it re-arranged as i currently should be in business studies (but got out planning to go game) so will either have a free/lesson for the thursday to get out off.

Obviously im annoyed as i was really looking forward to this game. Damn you snow!

I've just received this email from Villa.

Villa can confirm this evening's first leg Carling Cup semi-final clash with Blackburn has been called off.

The decision was taken by Rovers in conjunction with the Police Match Commander on the grounds of public safety and following consultation with the Football League.

Since first thing this morning Rovers officials have been in constant contact with both the Met Office and Police and have been monitoring both the weather and road network conditions in the surrounding area.

Some roads around Ewood Park are currently inaccessible and even the motorways have only been passable with extreme care, with many travellers having already experienced lengthy delays and disruption.

While a date is yet to be officially confirmed, the game looks set to be rescheduled for Thursday January 14.

Tickets already purchased for the first leg clash will be valid for the rescheduled fixture.

People requiring a refund must return their tickets to Villa’s Ticket Office by Monday January 11.

Any tickets then up for resale will be made available on Monday – first to those supporters in possession of a Christmas Eve waiting list voucher, which must be redeemed at the Ticket Office on the day, then to season ticket holders from Wednesday.

If you have any queries relating to this fixture, please call the ticket office on 0800 612 0970.