The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Inoue needs to start fighting outside of Japan now to build his profile, he’s immense, the speed and power is phenomenal, like a young Pacquiao.

His poise and balance is solid, seems to be able to take a punch, he took a few this morning, great watch every time though, and handy that his profile isn’t yet so big that it’s not PPV.

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Inoue needs to start fighting outside of Japan now to build his profile, he’s immense, the speed and power is phenomenal, like a young Pacquiao.

His poise and balance is solid, seems to be able to take a punch, he took a few this morning, great watch every time though, and handy that his profile isn’t yet so big that it’s not PPV.

I find it mad how his profile isn’t big, he’s been so good for so long. I haven’t listened to BBC boxing weekly for a few yrs and they were banging in about him in there way before I stopped listening 

On 26/12/2023 at 21:06, mikeyp102 said:

I find it mad how his profile isn’t big, he’s been so good for so long. I haven’t listened to BBC boxing weekly for a few yrs and they were banging in about him in there way before I stopped listening 

His talents are certainly not lost on the boxing World, and rightly so. He could end up emulating Manny Pacquiao, same height, same reach and, imo, a better boxer. Boxers at the weights Inyoue has fought at, rarely get the recognition their talent deserves, hence, the need to move up. 

By the way, he is arguably Japan's biggest superstar right now, but it won't be long before he's headlining a Las Vegas bill.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Who would you take in a Dubois vs Joshua fight?

I don't think Joshua would risk it, but I think Dubois might just take it.

If Joshua concentrates and is in his game then I’d say it’s a comfortable win for him. But if he’s not on it Dubois could beat him.

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

If Joshua concentrates and is in his game then I’d say it’s a comfortable win for him. But if he’s not on it Dubois could beat him.

Got to say I have warmed to Dubois after he lost to Joyce. Definitely a warrior who arguably should be the champion 

It’s hard to get too excited about AJ, he looked good in the last fight but Wallin pretty turned into a punch bag and offered nothing going forward.

If he can follow it up with a performance against someone who has ago he might have rediscovered his form.

46 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Got to say I have warmed to Dubois after he lost to Joyce. Definitely a warrior who arguably should be the champion 

I'm inclined to disagree, my friend.  He  didn't look anything like a warrior when the going got tough with Usyk. For me, the modern day Frank Bruno, all the assets a good heavyweight needs, but lacks that real instinct that the likes of Tyson, Lewis and Fury had and have in abundance. Just my take on it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm inclined to disagree, my friend.  He  didn't look anything like a warrior when the going got tough with Usyk. For me, the modern day Frank Bruno, all the assets a good heavyweight needs, but lacks that real instinct that the likes of Tyson, Lewis and Fury had and have in abundance. Just my take on it.

Agree here, had a real chnace to finish Usyk, but kinda sat back, I have seen it before with him too, dosn't really have that agressive instinct.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Agree here, had a real chnace to finish Usyk, but kinda sat back, I have seen it before with him too, dosn't really have that agressive instinct.

Don't get me wrong, he's not terrible, but I honestly don't see him winning a World title, especially now Oliver McCall has retired. 😉😉

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Is Joshua at risk of losing this one? 

Wasn't Ngannou hard done by in his bout against Fury?

Yes and Yes

I think people got too carried away with AJ’s comfortable win last time out. I think it was more to do with terrible opposition rather than him putting in an amazing performance. It should be a good fight. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Is Joshua at risk of losing this one? 

Wasn't Ngannou hard done by in his bout against Fury?

I don't think he is, Joshua will keep Ngann on the outside and fight at distance, completely outbox him. 

Fury hadn't trained and kept coming inside to rest and that's exactly where Ngann is at his most effective, inside. Fury was very lucky to get the decision but hopefully it taught him a lesson, he ain't good enough not to train even against an amateur.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Think Joshua will win but Ngannou has seriosu knock out power so always stands a chance...

If he can close the distance and if Joshua allows him to. Joshua need to keep a strong jab right out to keep him back and if he charges forward to get inside throw a right or step out of it. Needs to work on his footwork for that but tbh he should be easily capable of doing that with his experience. I can see him finishing him in 6. He will take a right beating as well if Joshua is on his game.

Â