The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

5 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Is Joshua at risk of losing this one? 

Wasn't Ngannou hard done by in his bout against Fury?

If Joshua loses, he may as well call it a day. I don't even see the logic behind the bout, unless it's a case of, "whatever Fury can do, I can do better," either way. I wouldn't give it a second glance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Josh will destroy him, he's no boxer, Fury wasn't even ready for the fight against him.

Fury lost that fight in any neutral’s eyes. Ridiculous scoring from the judges.

• Like 1

I hope Ngannou takes it - Joshua is and always has been a fraud

Ngannou just needs to stay on his feet for five rounds, he can lose them all on points, but after five Joshua gasses and is a sitting target.

I mean, it won't work out that way, poster boy Joshua is his promoters prized cow and they'll want to milk him a couple more times, but at least Ngannou will get a payday for waltzing around with him for a few rounds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

How's is he a fraud?

His promoter has kept him relevant as a top grade heavyweight when he's never been any better than the likes of Chisora.

He's a bang average pretty boy who makes a load of money for his promoter - Eddie Hearn has done an incredible job of keeping him relevant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

His promoter has kept him relevant as a top grade heavyweight when he's never been any better than the likes of Chisora.

He's a bang average pretty boy who makes a load of money for his promoter - Eddie Hearn has done an incredible job of keeping him relevant.

For someone who's general quite smart your comments are laughable. Do you know what it takes and how many hours in the gym, in the amateurs getting to Olympic Gold and then turning pro winning multiple HW titles, defending them. Bang average fighters don't achieve that.

There are without doubt fighters that have been very lucky to hold versions of a world title, Joshua is far from one of them. Tagging him with Chisora is ridiculous, the same Chisora who has never won at WT because whether you rate him or not he's achieved far more and is 100% more talented.

You've done him a disservice imo. 

42 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

For someone who's general quite smart your comments are laughable. Do you know what it takes and how many hours in the gym, in the amateurs getting to Olympic Gold and then turning pro winning multiple HW titles, defending them. Bang average fighters don't achieve that.

There are without doubt fighters that have been very lucky to hold versions of a world title, Joshua is far from one of them. Tagging him with Chisora is ridiculous, the same Chisora who has never won at WT because whether you rate him or not he's achieved far more and is 100% more talented.

You've done him a disservice imo. 

Is that Derek or 'War' Chisora? Only joking

My thoughts on this indivual do not need repearting 

Joshea many levels above, never been the same since he got tagged which made him think, has happened to many a great figther sadly 

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Joshea many levels above, never been the same since he got tagged which made him think, has happened to many a great figther sadly

Very true and I agree to a point but labelling him as comparable to Chisora is a complete piss take

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Very true and I agree to a point but labelling him as comparable to Chisora is a complete piss take

never in dispute. 

If you recall the only thing in my opionon of note Chisora has ever done is not getting knocked out by Vlad and made a career of it (other than knocking out the french fella which was one of my fights of that year) Additional points for putting a scarf on his face at weigh ins

He should do the panto circuit next 'behind you' 

Edited by Follyfoot

Joshua's three best victories have been Klitschko in a retirement fund booster, Parker and Dillian Whyte. He's robotic, slow and completely gassed out after six rounds.He's somehow managed to get talked about in the same breath as Fury and Usyk - it's an absolute triumph of marketing.

Admittedly, Chisora may be a bit harsh. :)

Connor Cheat Benn talking about viable opponents, I noticed he swerved the idea of facing Ennis, and never mentioned Virgil Ortiz. I would love to see him in with that calibre of fighter, just so he could get what he genuinely deserves. Hard to think of a more unlikable modern day fighter. 

• Like 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Connor Cheat Benn talking about viable opponents, I noticed he swerved the idea of facing Ennis, and never mentioned Virgil Ortiz. I would love to see him in with that calibre of fighter, just so he could get what he genuinely deserves. Hard to think of a more unlikable modern day fighter. 

Canelo

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

He can't call them out because he then unravels. There is a good reason he's been pushing for a nonsense catchweight fight instead of trying to clear his name and progress his career properly. 

I think he's a coke head tbh. That's how he comes across to me anyway. Mumbles shit at a hundred miles an hour, can never stop fidgeting, while shadow boxing in front of cameras and acting all gangster. He's a strange fish for someone that has done nothing of real note in the game. 26 as well so not a kid anymore. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Joshua's three best victories have been Klitschko in a retirement fund booster, Parker and Dillian Whyte. He's robotic, slow and completely gassed out after six rounds.He's somehow managed to get talked about in the same breath as Fury and Usyk - it's an absolute triumph of marketing.

Admittedly, Chisora may be a bit harsh. :)

Lol..... Maybe you've forgot, Fury's best wins have been against a shot Klitschko, Whyte and Wilder who just got slapped about v's Parker. Now there is also some good marketing, so what next? Usyk isn't sparking anyone out either at HW and struggled v's Dubois for a good portion of their bout, and Chisora lol, so as much as you want to talk about both being levels away from Joshua, they really ain't. Fury hasn't done anything that special yet either, unless you want to drag the average Wilder into the equation like some bogeyman lol! 

I'm not even a AJ fan, far from it, and I think both Fury and obviously Usyk are better boxers but to make out Joshua is the only one well marketed, do me a favour. 

And the Chisora backtrack is accepted :D

I really hope Fury is in tip - top shape for the Usyk fight. The last thing we want is any excuses from either fighter. For me, a fit offensive Fury beats Usyk, he has the size and boxing IQ to deal with anything Usyk offers. 

That's the only concern regarding Fury in this fight that I have, his fitness. It has to be 100 per cent, otherwise Usyk definitely has the tools to exploit any weakness he scents. I'm pretty confident Sugar Hill will have him prepared, they have had great success as a boxer/ trainer relationship goes and it's no secret Sugar is a big fan of the a win by knock - out. If Fury wins, he can walk away from the game knowing he has cemented that legacy of being one of the great heavyweights of this era and will definitely be a candidate for the Hall of Fame.

If he wins!

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I really hope Fury is in tip - top shape for the Usyk fight. The last thing we want is any excuses from either fighter. For me, a fit offensive Fury beats Usyk, he has the size and boxing IQ to deal with anything Usyk offers. 

That's the only concern regarding Fury in this fight that I have, his fitness. It has to be 100 per cent, otherwise Usyk definitely has the tools to exploit any weakness he scents. I'm pretty confident Sugar Hill will have him prepared, they have had great success as a boxer/ trainer relationship goes and it's no secret Sugar is a big fan of the a win by knock - out. If Fury wins, he can walk away from the game knowing he has cemented that legacy of being one of the great heavyweights of this era and will definitely be a candidate for the Hall of Fame.

If he wins!

If it is 'close' on the cards and goes the distance........................................................................

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

If it is 'close' on the cards and goes the distance........................................................................

If it's really close then logically, you can't argue whoever wins.

27 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

If it's really close then logically, you can't argue whoever wins.

The cynical side of me was thinking more guaranteed draw for extra bucks in the rematch

Â