The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How do you think Usyk Fury goes?

I reckon Fury at his best would show AJ how to ragdoll a smaller fighter. Lol

Fury on points I reckon

• Like 1

Wilder has a much better jab than AJ, and it's the jab + height/reach advantage that makes it so hard to fight a bigger man.

Wilder is a very basic fighter, definitely, but I'd have him beating AJ. Maybe I'm overstating how things would go with Usyk. Usyk v Wilder and AJ v Wilder would both be decent match ups. I think Fury would beat all of them.

16 minutes ago, jim said:

Fury on points I reckon

I actually think Fury knocks him out.

If it's the Fury which we saw against Wilder for two fights.

MUCH bigger, probably just as skillful, quick, with a great boxing IQ and a Master's degree in the dark arts. Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Still deserves a shot, and I guarantee he wouldn't be bouncing around. Usyk would have to earn that win the hard way. 

Usyk dealt with Joyce many times in the amateurs. Also beat him in the WSB which is basically pro boxing 

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Got to be honest with you lads.

( Not.just on here )

But I find it strange that so many brits dislike one of their own in AJ?

I saw a couple of Brits claim since he said something re BLM they've disliked him.

I don't think he's a bad bloke, just a bit weird. I feel his intentions are in the right place though.

It isn’t brexit, you don’t have to like him just because. 

He’s been a decent heavy weight but is quite clearly not the person he’s portrayed to be for so many years. (Mr Clean)

From a boxing perspective the better fighter won last night. I enjoyed the fight and was torn during it about who I was cheering. Pleased Usyk won. 

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Fury starting to become a bit of a dick now. It was funny and original at first, but that he keeps talking money, money, money when he has more than enough for him and his whole family to live the dream on, is kinda wearing a bit thin, especially with the living crisis going on.

Romour is he wants a billion to fight again. He wouldn't be missed if he packed up and properly retired for me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Fury starting to become a bit of a dick now. It was funny and original at first, but that he keeps talking money, money, money when he has more than enough for him and his whole family to live the dream on, is kinda wearing a bit thin, especially with the living crisis going on.

Romour is he wants a billion to fight again. He wouldn't be missed if he packed up and properly retired for me.

Hw does donate alot if his purse though ti be fair to him.

Sounds abit drunk in that vid its just entertainment.  Fury knows how to sell fights. Has more personality that the eddie hearn robot 🤖 

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hw does donate alot if his purse though ti be fair to him.

Sounds abit drunk in that vid its just entertainment.  Fury knows how to sell fights. Has more personality that the eddie hearn robot 🤖 

I think even the donating thing is probably rubbish. You have to take everything he says with a pinch of salt now.

He retires, un-retires, retires, un-retires again all in a few weeks. 

Will fight for free, will fight and give it all away, will fight only for a billion. 

All bollocks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think even the donating thing is probably rubbish. You have to take everything he says with a pinch of salt now.

He retires, un-retires, retires, un-retires again all in a few weeks. 

Will fight for free, will fight and give it all away, will fight only for a billion. 

All bollocks.

Yup, I think alot of people have grown weary of his antics.

At the same time I think we also need to realise he's not the most mentally stable.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Usyk dealt with Joyce many times in the amateurs. Also beat him in the WSB which is basically pro boxing 

It was a close fight, a better fight than AJ's . He deserves a shot if he beats Parker. Usyk should fight Wilder the winner of that should fight the winner of Parker v Joyce. After that Fury. But it wont happen , the money men will hold em all apart for more money and boxing will continue to decline. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone seen that vid of AJ behind the scenes where someone says keep it professional and he goes bezerk.

He is either a sore loser or not mentally stable

To quote Dillian Whyte years ago “ Joshua is just weird man, he’s a weirdo “

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

To quote Dillian Whyte years ago “ Joshua is just weird man, he’s a weirdo “

He likes yes men around him. Anyone that questions him gets that sort of a reaction. 

Everyone can see right through his personality.  He is a fraud

54 minutes ago, tinker said:

It was a close fight, a better fight than AJ's . He deserves a shot if he beats Parker. Usyk should fight Wilder the winner of that should fight the winner of Parker v Joyce. After that Fury. But it wont happen , the money men will hold em all apart for more money and boxing will continue to decline. 

I actually think AJ beats Joyce.

If AJ is staying in the game, that's the direction he might need to go.

Accept he isn't in the elite echelon anymore and fight back for it if he wants another shot.

Fight the likes of Dillian Whyte, Wilder, Joe Joyce etc.

Many heavyweights have lost fights and still gone down as greats for their overall careers 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

The evolution of Fury and AJ is interesting. 

Few years AJ was seemingly universally liked. In the last few years he's done nothing. 3 defeats in 5 and a lot of hot air spoken. 

Fury was hugely disliked but he seems to have become more appreciated as the years go on. 

Edited by Xela

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Few years AJ was seemingly universally liked. In the last few years he's done nothing. 3 defeats in 5 and a lot of hot air spoken. 

Fury was hugely disliked but he seems to have become more appreciated as the years go on. 

I think alot of people are seeing through Aj that he is fake. Last night he commited PR suicide. He is getting ruined today on soical media and in the press

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Fury went and conquered the US and it's all about breaking the US in Boxing regardless of what those outside say. It's every boxers dream to fight in the mecca's of boxing like MSG or Caesars Palace, the MGM and those that don't are never revered like those that do. We've had some great fighters out of the UK but if you look throughout history those that went away and won or defended the belts on American soil are always held in higher regard. It's where the real kudos is found in boxing. I think this is why Fury's popularity has grown along with his publicised mental health issues. He's also been more transparent than AJ as a human, warts and all, instead of the whiter than white perception AJ has put out there.  

12 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Fury went and conquered the US and it's all about breaking the US in Boxing regardless of what those outside say. It's every boxers dream to fight in the mecca's of boxing like MSG or Caesars Palace, the MGM and those that don't are never revered like those that do. We've had some great fighters out of the UK but if you look throughout history those that went away and won or defended the belts on American soil are always held in higher regard. It's where the real kudos is found in boxing. I think this is why Fury's popularity has grown along with his publicised mental health issues. He's also been more transparent than AJ as a human, warts and all, instead of the whiter than white perception AJ has put out there.  

The problem is what gets you respect and kudos isn't always what's good for your bank balance, and it's a dangerous profession. Some fighters managed to have long, lucrative careers without getting too beat up. AJ has made a lot of money out of boxing, and has largely avoided getting serious brain damage (last night's behaviour notwithstanding...).

What the fans want, and what a sensible friend or family member would advise you to do are probably quite different.

It's noticeable that the cautious outside fighters who ducked a lot of fights have still made a lot of money and don't seem too washed up... people like Lennox Lewis, both Klitschkos, Calzaghe, etc. A lot of the really brave guys who've been in the wars have ended up as a shadow of their former selves.

As good as Usyk is, he's not a guy who's going to hospitalise people.

Fury made his name getting up from a massive knockout punch.

Â