The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Just now, Genie said:

He was saying “how did you beat me” before so I think he’s just a dick.

That’s what I thought then he did a 360

That was **** embarrassing, he's just lost, the fact that he lost by split decision was a gift to AJ.

Poor form from AJ for taking the moment away from Usyk by having a full on meltdown and making it all about him for some strange reason

• Like 2

Just now, Jonesy7211 said:

Last time we see him? Sounded like the rant of a man that's broken.

I hope not, would love to see him fight some of the British heavyweights.

Dubois would be a good one!

• Like 1

Got to be honest with you lads.

( Not.just on here )

But I find it strange that so many brits dislike one of their own in AJ?

I saw a couple of Brits claim since he said something re BLM they've disliked him.

I don't think he's a bad bloke, just a bit weird. I feel his intentions are in the right place though.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

( Not.just on here )

I saw a couple of Brits claim since he said something re BLM they've disliked him.

I don't think he's a bad bloke, just a bit weird. I feel his intentions are in the right place though.

He gets a lot of unfair stick from boxing fans who probably aren't the nicest people, and I would have loved to have seen him win. He's right that at this weight, you don't need to be a silky boxer to be a threat, and his game is trying to land power punches. He's one of the best heavyweights in the world.

But that doesn't mean all the criticism is uncalled for, and what he did at the end there was weird and unnecessary.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

( Not.just on here )

I'm proud that as a Brit he stood at the top of the boxing world. Just think he acted in a very petulant manner tonight.

I also think his journey from a potential life of crime to a top level boxer is an inspiration to so many children who don't have access to the advantages some people take for granted 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jim said:

I’d pack in if I was AJ. He’s got more money than he’ll ever need and the only fight worth seeing is Fury and that will never happen.

How do you think Usyk Fury goes?

I reckon Fury at his best would show AJ how to ragdoll a smaller fighter. Lol

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

( Not.just on here )

Rightly or wrongly I think a lot of it is down to the feeling that he has avoided all the big fights. His career has been carefully orchestrated. 

20 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

The venue and the capacity tells you everything about the sorry state of heavyweight boxing. Eddie Hearn should hang his head in shame.

Out of interest, if you were around for the Rumble in the Jungle, would you have said the same about the promoter (King) then?

AJ has always been a paper tiger.

Usyk has made a fool of him twice now and his ego just couldn't handle it this time round.

Throwing the belts was disgraceful.

Edited by AshVilla

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

( Not.just on here )

I don't dislike him as a person, although he is hard to warm too. Like you said, can seem a little weird at times. As a boxer, he just doesn't excite me in the way a Tyson or Lewis did. In comparison to those heavyweights, he couldn't box cornflakes. 

• Like 1

Â