The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

On 23/08/2022 at 11:18, Chine said:

Strange that isn’t it , Peter fury trained him from 2012-16 which also coincides with Tysons drug abuse/ health problems , the guy is a prize tool 

Peter Fury always speaks well on the topic of boxing. I can't remember him ever making a fool of himself, like his brother John.

It was under Peter where Tyson began to show his potential as a top heavyweight. As for Tyson's mental health issues, I fail to understand how Peter can be responsible for  that. You're chatting bubbles.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Peter Fury always speaks well on the topic of boxing. I can't remember him ever making a fool of himself, like his brother John.

It was under Peter where Tyson began to show his potential as a top heavyweight. As for Tyson's mental health issues, I fail to understand how Peter can be responsible for  that. You're chatting bubbles.

His insight into heavy weight fighters is enlightening, his respect for Usyk is clear as well, none of that nonsense Fury's spouting.

It's Fury's biggest test in his career if he takes this fight. For Fury to beat Usyk he has to be at his very best. I think Fury knows that as well, he's risking his legacy and Usyk's fighting a war in that ring.  

There's also the question of his retirement, has it led to him indulging, relaxing his training routine and his diet, deserves it if he has but taking a fight in December is a big ask.

4 minutes ago, tinker said:

His insight into heavy weight fighters is enlightening, his respect for Usyk is clear as well, none of that nonsense Fury's spouting.

It's Fury's biggest test in his career if he takes this fight. For Fury to beat Usyk he has to be at his very best. I think Fury knows that as well, he's risking his legacy and Usyk's fighting a war in that ring.  

There's also the question of his retirement, has it led to him indulging, relaxing his training routine and his diet, deserves it if he has but taking a fight in December is a big ask.

I just don't see Fury v Usyk as a spectacle. I think they would cancel each other out. A bit similar to when Fury fought Klitschko.

I stopped watching Joshua and Usyk halfway through. Heavyweights no longer excite me like they used too.

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

I just don't see Fury v Usyk as a spectacle. I think they would cancel each other out. A bit similar to when Fury fought Klitschko.

I stopped watching Joshua and Usyk halfway through. Heavyweights no longer excite me like they used too.

I was riveted to it , wanting Joshua to let go and watching Usyk taking some huge shots to the body and carry on. Went so quickly for me . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It was a good fight to be fair, AJ just ran of out of steam, but did well against him.

What annoys me about the Fury, Uysk fight is that it's all about the money, so is bound to have a 2nd fight drawn into any contract, which always makes the first fight as good as irrelevant.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tinker said:

I was riveted to it , wanting Joshua to let go and watching Usyk taking some huge shots to the body and carry on. Went so quickly for me . 

I guess I yearn for the bygone era's of Ali, Frazier, Foreman and then Holmes, followed by Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe and Lewis. Those were exciting times in the heavyweight division, now there's just predictability. 

The Klitschkos were the beginning of the heavyweight bore - fest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

The money point is certainly true. Has for the rematch clause, they've been around for years but depending on how the first fight turns out, it's the second fight that is on danger of becoming pointless, for example, Haney v Kambosos, I mean, the gap in that fight,  ability wise, was frightening. 

41 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I guess I yearn for the bygone era's of Ali, Frazier, Foreman and then Holmes, followed by Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe and Lewis. Those were exciting times in the heavyweight division, now there's just predictability. 

The Klitschkos were the beginning of the heavyweight bore - fest. 

Boxing isn't being helped by the boxers and their manager's protecting the fighters from tough fights. In the heavy weight division there's plenty of fights that could be made , Joyce , Wilder.......... and a few coming through as well. Problem is it's all about the minimum amount of fights for the maximum amount of money and I don't really blame them. 

Just now, tinker said:

Boxing isn't being helped by the boxers and their manager's protecting the fighters from tough fights. In the heavy weight division there's plenty of fights that could be made , Joyce , Wilder.......... and a few coming through as well. Problem is it's all about the minimum amount of fights for the maximum amount of money and I don't really blame them. 

I quite like Joyce and would give him a chance against any heavyweight out there. There's a reason why certain people are reluctant to fight him. The Parker fight is a foregone conclusion, I actually think Joe may stop him.

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Fury is just too big for Usyk.

He is yeah, defo. There is no way Uysk would knock him out either, could out box him, although if it goes to the end the Champ will alway get the points unless Fury got schooled, which is highly unlikely.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Fury is just too big for Usyk.

Maybe, but Joshua had a big size difference. Fury has to be at the top of his game to beat Usyk, if he is then he wins. Usyk could stay low with Fury and target his body and he maybe quick enough to get in and out without Fury landing a shot. If the fight happens it will be a better fight than either of the Wilder fights , Usyk is the real deal. He's as far away from a dosser as you could get. 

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Maybe, but Joshua had a big size difference. Fury has to be at the top of his game to beat Usyk, if he is then he wins. Usyk could stay low with Fury and target his body and he maybe quick enough to get in and out without Fury landing a shot. If the fight happens it will be a better fight than either of the Wilder fights , Usyk is the real deal. He's as far away from a dosser as you could get. 

Don't get me wrong, Usyk is a tremendous fighter, but Fury is another three and a bit inches taller than Joshua and unlike Joshua, he's technically excellent and knows how to use that size to keep you off him. I think Fury matches Usyk for boxing smarts and brings it in a package that's the biggest heavyweight out there.

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Don't get me wrong, Usyk is a tremendous fighter, but Fury is another three and a bit inches taller than Joshua and unlike Joshua, he's technically excellent and knows how to use that size to keep you off him. I think Fury matches Usyk for boxing smarts and brings it in a package that's the biggest heavyweight out there.

Yep I can see it going that way as well, Fury is a fantastic heavy weight , be a fascinating fight.

Just got the chance to see AJ in the post- fight press conference. He really let it all hang out in that fight. I kind of feel that maybe I was a little bit over critical of him and maybe it's credit where credit is due, in fact, it isn't even a maybe. 

• Like 1

I also think Fury would win but also that it’d be a very underwhelming fight. 

It’d generate a tonne of hype but it doesn’t seem to me that their styles will match to make a fight for the ages. Quite the opposite, it’ll be one for the purists and most of the pissed up fans will find it a pretty boring fight. 

I cant believe this KSI "boxing" is so popular.  It has to be the biggest SHITE ive ever seen. Its not boxing its more like wwe entertainment 

The best moment of the show was one of the boxers celebrating his win trying to do a backflip and totally humiliated himself and landed on his face. Was absolutely hilarous  what a melt 😂

Edited by Demitri_C

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I cant believe this KSI "boxing" is so popular.  It has to be the biggest SHITE ive ever seen. Its not boxing its more like wwe entertainment 

The best moment of the show was one of the boxers celebrating his win trying to do a backflip and totally humiliated himself and landed on his face. Was absolutely hilarous  what a melt 😂

I have no idea who these people are and no interest in finding out. What mother in their right mind calls their child Swarmz

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I have no idea who these people are and no interest in finding out. What mother in their right mind calls their child Swarmz

There was one guy called the candyman 🤦‍♂️

I wanted to see what the hype was and im telling you its the biggest load of garbage.

The guy at the end who ksi was suppose to fight is a professional boxer. Every time he got hit he complained.  I never seen anything like it

Â