The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

18 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Fury is getting KO'd!

3cHmIC.gif

If Fury leaps in like that against a man who has his feet planted and his right arm cocked then he deserves to get KOed. He'll lean on Wilder a lot and tire him out. 

• Like 1

Paulie summed it up well. He throws those windmill hooks when he's trying to get into position. Once the feet are set, the straight right comes into play and if he connects it's lights out for Fury. 

Just now, West said:

Paulie summed it up well. He throws those windmill hooks when he's trying to get into position. Once the feet are set, the straight right comes into play and if he connects it's lights out for Fury. 

He actually tends to throw them more when he thinks (or knows) that he has his opponents badly hurt. But can see what Paulie is saying. 

The ordering for tonight’s fight is a joke. First you can’t use Safari or an iPhone, iPad or mac. Then when I eventually get to the payment confirmation BT tell me my sky viewing card isn’t registered.

I have no idea if I’ll be watching the fight 😠

I initially thought it was a tight one to call but ultimately, a man who’s lost around 10 stone in such a relatively short amount of time, with all that it will have taken out of him (literally and figuratively), should be short of a few crucial percent when trying to compete at the highest level of a sport. It would be a huge, huge surprise to me if Fury were to win this. I think he’ll be gassed by the latter rounds and Wilder will catch him.

Still, I’m up for watching this. Slightly reluctant to pay for it, though...  🧐

Wilder.

Fury is more technically adept a boxer, and has the obvious physical advantages, but Wilder isn't a one trick pony (even if that trick is very good) and can box. Fury is relying on not being hit for 12 rounds, and not just with the crazy swings. Wilder just needs patience. Especially as 2 years out, with his life going completely off the rails, is going to have worn Fury's best down.

Â