The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

I can't believe the bookies odds are so close.  I thought Wilder would be about 1/7 but instead he's 4/7.  I'll have some of that.  Maybe I'm missing something, but the last 2 freak show fights by Fury haven't convinced me he's anything other than a punchbag in this one.

• Like 2

I noticed David Price is fighting again on the Whyte v Chisora undercard.

Really? Give it a rest ffs.

As for Wilder v Fury, i can't see past Wilder.

If Wilder catches him and buzzes Fury i think it's all over and i fancy him to do that over twelve rounds. 

Dc73js.gif

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was listening to Carl Froch's analysis of the fight and it was very much food for thought. He thinks those wasted couple of years out of the ring and the abuse to his body and mind will catch up with Fury  in the fight. I remember how Hatton would let himself go in between fights, hence when it came to him coming up against elite fighters he fell short. This is one sport where you can't cut corners. As Froch said, Fury, at some stage in the fight will have to plant his feet and that's where he thinks Wilder will have the upper hand . It certainly makes sense, especially when you consider the condition Wilder keeps himself in. In boxing that is imperative. That was the key to Mayweather's success, constant maintenance of the body. Ability takes care of itself. 

28 minutes ago, West said:

Wilder coming in at 15st 1lb. Getting lighter and lighter each and every fight. 

Fury at 18st 3lb. 

Remarkable size and weight advantage. 

Fury can bully wilder with his strength and size. That's his only hope of winning this as he will not knock wilder out

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Fury can bully wilder with his strength and size. That's his only hope of winning this as he will not knock wilder out

Fury can also outbox wilder. And he will. People gonna be shocked how lopsided this will be on the cards. Wilder does too many things wrong , he just comes with the big windmill. Won't be enough tomorrow night.

• Like 2

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Wilder very light. Anticipating Fury looking for an inside fight, going to use his legs extensively, smart move. Will struggle if Fury does get in on him though,

I (along with a lot of British I’d imagine) have rarely seen full fights of Wilder. What’s his movement and leg work like? 

10 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I (along with a lot of British I’d imagine) have rarely seen full fights of Wilder. What’s his movement and leg work like? 

His footwork is hardly amazing, but he's an excellent athlete so can certainly move around on the outside very well (as the first Stiverne fight showed), the footwork falls a part a little bit when the opponent is up close or at a mid range.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Reminds me of froch in the sense that he does so many things wrong in how he actually delivers a punch, it's only when he throws a straight right hand that he seems to plant his feet properly but he doesn't throw it enough. Fury is very clever fighter. He won't lose to somebody ( as powerful as he is ) who's as sloppy as wilder.

The other thing wilder has is excellent stamina, but for a big guy so does fury. 

I wonder how wilder will approach this. Will he hope fury tires and knocks him out later on or will he go all and prove a point early? Actuslk6 really looking firward to this fight

Â