The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

59 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

His past is about as diabolical as they come to be honest, he may have moved on but I doubt his victims will have, I'm sure there's a few people out there celebrating what has happened to him to be honest.

Indifferent, maybe, but celebrating, that's not good, regardless of his past. 

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

AJ is a much better boxer than Wilder and a lot bigger too. I knew Fury could outbox Wilder, I've never seen a Heavyweight champion look so crude.

But different fighters, different styles. Fury is capable of beating A J, but would it be a forgone conclusion, I don't think so. AJ has the focus and discipline to avoid the mind games which Fury uses to such great affect. When a man is so self- confident, it can have an adverse affect on his opponent. Wilder allowed Fury to get in his head, he seemed rattled all week in the lead up to the fight ,it's almost like he believed what Fury was going to do.

I don't think Fury is that interested in a rematch, he wants Joshua. I hope it's the start of some great heavyweight battles, with the Brits leading the way.

After what I witnessed last night, I would give Whyte a great chance against Wilder. 

He might be interested in aj more as that is a bigger fight...But he has shown he can beat wilder easily. This was a rusty fury who has only had three fights in 2 and half years.  He will get better the not rights he has and as long as he stays clean.

I think fury beats aj I just can't see aj being able to hit him. If wilder could only get him twice and not ko him then I don't see how aj wins.

As for whyte well I'm not so sure. He couldn't even stop chisora. Whyte is tough but I think wilder wins that one. 

The only two I think can beat him are aj and fury

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Indifferent, maybe, but celebrating, that's not good, regardless of his past. 

If you were one of the prostitutes who were pimped out by him, beaten by him and tortured by him I think you'd be delighted and wishing his death.

5 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Hopefully Manny puts him through the front row.

I want someone to knock this idiots head off. Between him and billy joe I don’t know who I dislike more. Two complete mugs. But to disrespect your own fan in this manner shows how much of a scumbag broner is.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You cabt surely mean Amir Khan? He will get absolutely humilated by crawford

It's Amir Khan. He has made a career from being humiliated

21 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I want someone to knock this idiots head off. Between him and billy joe I don’t know who I dislike more. Two complete mugs. But to disrespect your own fan in this manner shows how much of a scumbag broner is.

I hate Broner. Watching Maidana pummel him to the floor was particularly enjoyable!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Crawford had an awful time with Gamboa, I think it's a good fight and Khan will have his moments.

I know your nor a Crawford fan, but Crawford will destroy him. Be another canelo out classing.

Just saw a great fight between some American guy and a Russian , real slug fest , the American got knocked down 3 times but managed to get up each time and eventually knock the Russian down in the 10th when the towel was thrown in

probabably fight of the decade

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Just saw a great fight between some American guy and a Russian , real slug fest , the American got knocked down 3 times but managed to get up each time and eventually knock the Russian down in the 10th when the towel was thrown in

probabably fight of the decade

Do you know the boxers?

WBC have sanctioned a direct rematch for Fury & Wilder II meaning that Wilder can skip/delay his mandatory against Breazeale without punishment. Unless Hearn gets involved and offers either of them a pile of cash to fight Joshua in April (seems unlikely) expect the rematch to be in Vegas sometime in May.

Think Wilder will get the job done properly and KO Fury if the rematch goes ahead. Fury did well to avoid most of his shots this time but Wilder seemed to focused on just trying to throw big swinging shots to try and KO him, He will have learned that this isn't the way to beat Fury as he is too good at getting out of the way and given another chance i think he would be a lot smarter and throw  more quick punches and combos before getting through with something that will end it. FWIW i think Fury did actually hurt him a bit with a couple of shots but he will know now that despite his size & weight he is not a massive concussive puncher which should allow him a bit more freedom to try something different.

Edited by LakotaDakota

Floyd vs Tenshin details emerged overnight and it's as anticlimactic as you'd expect. Three three minute rounds under Queensbury rules, no judges and the weight limit is 147. Tenshin normally fights at 121.  The result won't appear on either fighters record. 

14 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

WBC have sanctioned a direct rematch for Fury & Wilder II meaning that Wilder can skip/delay his mandatory against Breazeale without punishment. Unless Hearn gets involved and offers either of them a pile of cash to fight Joshua in April (seems unlikely) expect the rematch to be in Vegas sometime in May.

Think Wilder will get the job done properly and KO Fury if the rematch goes ahead. Fury did well to avoid most of his shots this time but Wilder seemed to focused on just trying to throw big swinging shots to try and KO him, He will have learned that this isn't the way to beat Fury as he is too good at getting out of the way and given another chance i think he would be a lot smarter and throw  more quick punches and combos before getting through with something that will end it. FWIW i think Fury did actually hurt him a bit with a couple of shots but he will know now that despite his size & weight he is not a massive concussive puncher which should allow him a bit more freedom to try something different.

I think your forgetting something vital here, fury has only fought two fights in three years (against two bums) and he still completely out boxed wilder in 9 of those rounds. Fury is going to get better and better the more fights he has.

wilder won’t have learned much, it took him 12 rounds to really hurt fury and fury still got back up. Fury has a point to prove, he is not going to let himself lose the second one. Will wilder have the guts to do it outside the us this time? I doubt it. 

14 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Floyd vs Tenshin details emerged overnight and it's as anticlimactic as you'd expect. Three three minute rounds under Queensbury rules, no judges and the weight limit is 147. Tenshin normally fights at 121.  The result won't appear on either fighters record. 

So as expected benefits Mayweather. He even said if he ever fought in ufc be only boxing rules. I love it when I hear Mayweather fans try say he Would beat McGregor in a ufc fight. Mayweather would be destroyed, and destroyed pretty quickly. I don’t even think Mayweather Would last longer than a round.

Edited by Demitri_C

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Will wilder have the guts to do it outside the us this time? I doubt it.

Not sure either of them would actually want it to be outside of the US as they will make far more money there than over here. 350,000 (ish) PPV buys on showtime at $75 is $26million + whatever it did worldwide on BT Sports box office etc. There will be more interest in the rematch so should easily do 500,000 buys in the states alone but due to the time difference if they had it over here it wouldn't do anything like that. Vegas will want the rematch with the promise of thousands of travelling fans and it seems to make sense for everyone financially at least to make as much money as possible

Â