The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

22 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Usyk will destroy Bellew and IMO stop him in the last quarter of the fight. Bellew is shit, completely overrated, overrated power, overrated 'skill', Usyk is on another planet and the hostile atmosphere won't bother him at all. Can't wait to see the destruction of Bellew, Bellew and his fans are total words removed.

I've warmed to latter day Bellew, he's not as abrasive as he used to be and since Creed/Haye I've found him witty and charming at times. His fans are just an element who attend every boxing show of a certain size really, people who have been out on the sauce all day and hit a testosterone overload when the first bell rings. 

I can't see beyond Usyk for the fight. He's got all four belts for a reason, he's in his prime and I'd argue he's top 5 p4p right now. I'll be interested to see how he does at heavyweight when he moves up but at cruiser he's got nothing left to prove. I don't see the kind of demolition job that Kovalev put on Cleverly a few years ago when he steps in with Bellew but it should be comfortable. Wide points or second half stoppage. 

I have grown to like Bellew in recent times. I'd love him to beat Usyk.

I don't think he will though. Usyk is a tremendous fighter and has the look of an ice cold psychopath. 

15 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

This fight is about nothing but money.

I couldn't disagree more. As Bellew has said he doesn't need the money. It's a chance to win all 4 belts which no British has ever done. Its a dream for Bellew to be given this chance. Usyk is trying to get to Joshua and its his chance to open himself up to a large British audience for the first time. Most of the big heavyweight names are British so it's a good place for him to come. 

Fight makes sense to me. I just hope Bellew doesn't get hurt on his last night. Usyk finishes people off well and can be brutal when doing it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Rev said:

I've warmed to latter day Bellew, he's not as abrasive as he used to be and since Creed/Haye I've found him witty and charming at times. His fans are just an element who attend every boxing show of a certain size really, people who have been out on the sauce all day and hit a testosterone overload when the first bell rings. 

I can't see beyond Usyk for the fight. He's got all four belts for a reason, he's in his prime and I'd argue he's top 5 p4p right now. I'll be interested to see how he does at heavyweight when he moves up but at cruiser he's got nothing left to prove. I don't see the kind of demolition job that Kovalev put on Cleverly a few years ago when he steps in with Bellew but it should be comfortable. Wide points or second half stoppage. 

That won't happen because Usyk isn't that sort of fighter and isn't that sort of puncher. It will be a demolition in terms of an absolute schooling with a potential late stoppage based on accumulation.

11 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

How bad is Froch as a commentator? Christ, he's terrible.

The worst I've ever heard, doesn't know anything about the sport, one of those clearings in the woods who thinks he can just show up without doing any research.

Crolla, what an annoying little boxer, despise his style and constant use of the head, hasn't been warned enough.

Â