The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Haye keeps saying that it was some epic battle that he lost out on, punters got their monies worth, delivered what was promised etc, I take it he hasn’t watched the fight back yet.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Hate is lucky bellew did this to him. If he went and fought Joshua or wilder he would get oblitarated.

Never in a million years would he have fought Joshua, Wilder or any genuine heavyweight contender. He must have known he was broken and wouldn’t have been stupid enough to get in the ring with anyone with genuine heavyweight punching power. He either thought he had enough to stop Bellew or, more likely, did it for the money knowing he’d lose but that Bellew couldn’t seriously hurt him. 

Edited by JB

5 minutes ago, JB said:

Never in a million years would he have fought Joshua, Wilder or any genuine heavyweight contender. He must have known he was broken and wouldn’t have been stupid enough to get in the ring with anyone with genuine heavyweight punching power. He either thought he had enough to stop Bellew or, more likely, did it for the money knowing he’d lose but that Bellew couldn’t seriously hurt him. 

Yeah when bellew said to him why didn't you go after wilder and instead chose a fat cruiserweight.  Seems bellew had a major point there.

Wilder or joshua will seriously hurt him. I didn't think bellew had the power to hurt haye so if he hurt him he woukd get battered by those two. Even Parker or whyte woukd batter this haye. He is finished. 

On 05/05/2018 at 23:35, Demitri_C said:

Hmm not sure about that. Ward isnt a heavyweight and isnt a big puncher. Ward is a fantastic technical boxer and would outbox bellew. However seeing bellew tonight he has the power to ko ward.

I think it be better than this fight was.

Tbh, I couldn't see Bellew landing a punch capable of knocking Ward out.

Adonis Stevenson exposed Bellew's level. And as much as I dislike Ward's style of boxing, it's very effective, hence, the unbeaten record.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I didn't think bellew had the power to hurt haye so if he hurt him he woukd get battered by those two. Even Parker or whyte woukd batter this haye. He is finished. 

Guessing Haye knew this too after the first fight.

He was stood there pretty much defenceless on one leg for most of the fight & Whilst Bellend was battering him the only time he even looked like falling over was due to his leg not working.

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Tbh, I couldn't see Bellew landing a punch capable of knocking Ward out.

Adonis Stevenson exposed Bellew's level. And as much as I dislike Ward's style of boxing, it's very effective, hence, the unbeaten record.

I think if Stevenson and bellew met now at cruiserweight bellew wins. Bellew wins with ease. 

Ward would win I think. But I do think bellew can hurt ward. Ward got dropped at light heavyweight. So i dont think that's all true about him not having the power. But ward woukd out box bellew 

3 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Guessing Haye knew this too after the first fight.

He was stood there pretty much defenceless on one leg for most of the fight & Whilst Bellend was battering him the only time he even looked like falling over was due to his leg not working.

This surprised me, Haye took 4 or 5 rounds of abuse first time round and Bellew struggled knock him down with pretty much free shot. 

This time Haye couldn’t seem to take any hits, hitting the deck every time he was caught. 

On 05/05/2018 at 23:35, Demitri_C said:

Hmm not sure about that. Ward isnt a heavyweight and isnt a big puncher. Ward is a fantastic technical boxer and would outbox bellew. However seeing bellew tonight he has the power to ko ward.

I think it be better than this fight was.

Bellew is no genuine heavyweight. That's why he has no real appetite to get in with someone like whyte. As for the top Cruiserweights, he can forget that too. 

Time to spend some time with the wife and kids. Maybe a very, very, long time.

• Like 1

Adonis vs Jack will be a very interesting fight.  I expect Adonis to win. 

He has also challenged bellew to a rematch. I think if its at cruiserweight bellew wins. At light middleweight bellew did not look comfortable at all. 

5 hours ago, pete101 said:

Linares  v lomachenko in the early hrs ,  think this might be a step too far for Loma but has potential to be a cracker 

Can’t disagree more. Loma win for me

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Can’t disagree more. Loma win for me

Yup, I think that Linares will be surprised at how easily Loma boxes the ears off him.

I'm just watching the channel 5 card (it's on Spike at the minute) not exactly edge of your seat stuff but it'll keep me occupied for a while

Â