The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Some of you are seeing Anthony Joshua, and the word 'humble' is crossing your minds???

That's just what we are saying, no matter how much Sky want to push the humble narrative it isn't working 

• Like 1

To be fair ive met Joshua a couple times as he is good friends with one if my mates who use to box with him at fincherly . Comes across like a nice lad with feet in the group. Does acknowledge he made big mistakes but trying to rectify them now in  positive way to ensure others dont so what he did

Edited by Demitri_C

Lo Greco shouldn't be a problem for Khan, he's just not very good. His best performance was a very wide points defeat to Shawn Porter. Spence splattered him across the ring to stop him inside 3 a couple of years ago. You can forgive Khan for taking a stiff given he has been out of the ring for like 2 years.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Lo Greco shouldn't be a problem for Khan, he's just not very good. His best performance was a very wide points defeat to Shawn Porter. Spence splattered him across the ring to stop him inside 3 a couple of years ago. You can forgive Khan for taking a stiff given he has been out of the ring for like 2 years.

Spence would destroy Khan I hope he has no intentions of fighting him later on. He will get humilated 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Spence would destroy Khan I hope he has no intentions of fighting him later on. He will get humilated 

I think he probably knows that.

Who knows where he goes after this, think he would need another fight before fighting Brook.

35 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I think he probably knows that.

Who knows where he goes after this, think he would need another fight before fighting Brook.

Maybe he should go for someone like Lamont Peterson once he wins this one.

I did see a video of Greco man the guy has lost a hell of  alot of weight since the initial press conference. 

well I read today that he thinks he can go from her to be as good as Mayweather and Pacman....yep, I'm sure are all in agreement that will not happen.

I'm actually interested in seeing how Benn looks on the undercard following his last war, apparently he's been sparring in America with Golden Boys top prospects and he's been training with Mickey Garcia and Ricky Burns, he won't ever be a top fighter but I think he will have a fun career whilst it lasts 

In fairness to Khan, he's never been shy of fighting the biggest names he can get, he's never ducked anyone or tried to manage his career that way. He's fought the best people he could fight.

Of course, when he's found the best, they've all beaten him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness to Khan, he's never been shy of fighting the biggest names he can get, he's never ducked anyone or tried to manage his career that way. He's fought the best people he could fight.

Of course, when he's found the best, they've all beaten him.

yeah win lose or draw he has some decent names on his record, as you say though, most of them beat him.

Anyway, we should be talking about Frampton v Donaire, you'd expect Frampton to win now given the Donaire's age but the old Filipino flash will still be dangerous given the power in his left.

Donaire was a cracking fighter in his day.

Talking about the lighter weights, what is next up for Roman Gonzales, I've not heard nothing of him since that Wanger bloke beat him for the second time, shame what happened with Roman having to go through the weights just to try and make a bit of money.

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

yeah win lose or draw he has some decent names on his record, as you say though, most of them beat him.

Anyway, we should be talking about Frampton v Donaire, you'd expect Frampton to win now given the Donaire's age but the old Filipino flash will still be dangerous given the power in his left.

Donaire was a cracking fighter in his day.

Talking about the lighter weights, what is next up for Roman Gonzales, I've not heard nothing of him since that Wanger bloke beat him for the second time, shame what happened with Roman having to go through the weights just to try and make a bit of money.

Tbh, I think Frampton is too big for Donaire. Last time he fought at featherweight, he was found out.

On 15/04/2018 at 22:24, Demitri_C said:

To be fair ive met Joshua a couple times as he is good friends with one if my mates who use to box with him at fincherly . Comes across like a nice lad with feet in the group. Does acknowledge he made big mistakes but trying to rectify them now in  positive way to ensure others dont so what he did

What was he done ? Smoked a bit of weed. Plenty of boxers who done a lot worse than him. Bernard Hopkins comes to mind.

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Tbh, I think Frampton is too big for Donaire. Last time he fought at featherweight, he was found out.

yeah as I say, you'd expect Frampton to win, its still a decent fight regardless, I'm more interested in that than Khan and the Gecko though

17 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

What boxing fan wouldn't be?

good question, but most people are talking about Khan rather than Frampton at the minute, and that isn't just the casual fan either, I suppose its either to spout hate for Khan than to anticipate a poorly publicized good fight (and I'm guilty of that myself)

Â