The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

5 hours ago, YGabbana said:

Could clearly see Eubank St telling the ref to stop the fight, also telling Jr to leave his head and go for the body. Great sportsmanship there

I thought this. Eubank seemed to be flapping a bit about Blackwell, for good reason too. 

• Like 1

Interesting listenining to Charles Martin on gloves are off

Polar opposite of Dillan Whyte, quiet and respectful i don't think he's going to be the pushover people are suggesting he will be

Edited by AshVilla

Martin is the worst heavyweight 'champ' in over a decade. He's a solid, basic fighter with nothing special to his game. If he comes in nice and tight, and not giving much away then he will make Joshua think and strategise more than he has before. Joshua also has the pressure of having the expectation of winning, despite not being the champ, so that could be factor. Plus, this is heavyweight boxing, all of these guys can punch, so you can't ever discount Martin completely. But this fight really should be a cake walk for the Brit. 

This is a bout for a paper title, nothing more, nothing less. 

• Like 1

Martin is the worst heavyweight 'champ' in over a decade. He's a solid, basic fighter with nothing special to his game. If he comes in nice and tight, and not giving much away then he will make Joshua think and strategise more than he has before. Joshua also has the pressure of having the expectation of winning, despite not being the champ, so that could be factor. Plus, this is heavyweight boxing, all of these guys can punch, so you can't ever discount Martin completely. But this fight really should be a cake walk for the Brit. 

This is a bout for a paper title, nothing more, nothing less. 

Another eddie hearn hand picked bum.

Kell Brook has said he will retire if he doesnt get a big fight in the summer. Finally putting pressure on Hearn to deliver. Id like to see him face the Thurman Porter winner rather than D.Garcia. I can see it being someone like Vargas though if im honest

Hi need some help. I have got a charity boxing match next month. I've just been told that I need to pick a entrance song as well a ring name. I don't want to have anything that's to serious ie eye of the tiger as I'm truly terrible and don't want a song that would make me even more stupid, but on the other hand I don't want anything stupid like barbie girl etc 

On Tuesday, April 05, 2016 at 23:32, Moneill said:

Hi need some help. I have got a charity boxing match next month. I've just been told that I need to pick a entrance song as well a ring name. I don't want to have anything that's to serious ie eye of the tiger as I'm truly terrible and don't want a song that would make me even more stupid, but on the other hand I don't want anything stupid like barbie girl etc 

Neil Diamond

Love on the rocks

On 05/04/2016 at 23:32, Moneill said:

Come out like Homer Simpson to 'why can't we be friends?"

So some fights tonight:

AJ vs Martin (Sky Box office LOL). Martin almost certainly is the worst 'champion' in a decade. That said, he's relatively solid, does nothing good, but doesn't do a huge amount wrong, other than level his chin in the air when he loads up, he's the definition of a 'meh' fighter. Joshua should win, but you know, Joshua's undoing is his tendency to want to go for it and put on a show, if he does this he will give Martin a shot, since Martin is a decent counter puncher (from the little I've seen of him). Otherwise I expect this fight to go some rounds before Joshua stops him. 

Pacquiao vs Bradley 3: Pacquiao is there for the taking, primed to be outworked and outboxed. Pacquiao is well, well past his prime, Bradley seems to be fresher and more mobile than he was in his last couple of fights under Joel Diaz. If Bradley pops his very good jab with regularity and shows Pacquiao lots of lateral movement, invests to the body and jumps in with the odd combo then gets out, he will beat Pacquiao on points clearly. If Bradley makes the same mistake as the second fight, and mistake himself for a puncher, and look to load up on big single shots often, he will lose. Anyway, I expect Bradley to win, Pacquiao has deteriorated and his camp hasn't sounded too good. 

Â