The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

followed the text coverage on BBC, I would be pissed if I'd paid for that.

"missed" the Joshua fight, went outside to see why the Police were on site and it was over when I got back.

Pre fight I think Hearn mentioned they wouldn't have a mandatory defence until November so I'm sure he'll squeeze another bum in to pad the record sometime in July.

Hearns riding a wave at the moment, boxing in this country is on a high again, they've tied furys fight in to a mcgregor fight night again, think that's the last 3 that had a big British fight the same night, people just want to watch boxing, Joshua is going to get supported, personally cos I think he's a decent young bloke I'll watch him, compare him to dickheads like haye and fury

Should half these fights be on PPV? Do people still pay PPV?

Hearns riding a wave at the moment, boxing in this country is on a high again, they've tied furys fight in to a mcgregor fight night again, think that's the last 3 that had a big British fight the same night, people just want to watch boxing, Joshua is going to get supported, personally cos I think he's a decent young bloke I'll watch him, compare him to dickheads like haye and fury

Should half these fights be on PPV? Do people still pay PPV?

No way that card should of been a PPV same as Brooks last fight.

That's because you're basing it who is fighting who

Hearns / sky will base it on forecasted audience figures, if the demands there then they'll charge for it, they aren't interested in who is fighting, they're interested in who is watching

• Like 1

Too easy for aj, Martin did not seem a champion (yes I know it was handed to him) but aj was miles ahead of him in every department. 

Interesting to see where they take aj now. Haye will obviously be calling him out, but not sure Hearn will go for it. 

Fly to England, lose, collect my money, go home.

Good plan I guess. He couldn't get out of there fast enough.

The only fight where it looked like it might not go according to plan was the Selby fight, completely ruined by a dreadful referee hell bent on getting under Hunters skin and taking away any momentum or concentration from the non-Hearn fighter. 

8 hours ago, YGabbana said:

No way that card should of been a PPV same as Brooks last fight.

If the only people watching were the ones who'd paid for it then it would collapse. Its a strange model but I'm sure they know there is at least the same amount of people watching on hooky streams as there are legally.

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Too easy for aj, Martin did not seem a champion (yes I know it was handed to him) but aj was miles ahead of him in every department. 

Interesting to see where they take aj now. Haye will obviously be calling him out, but not sure Hearn will go for it. 

I think we all know Hayes level so it would be an interesting fight to see AJ fight him.

Its still difficult to evaluate how good Joshua is as he keeps fighting losers.

If the only people watching were the ones who'd paid for it then it would collapse. Its a strange model but I'm sure they know there is at least the same amount of people watching on hooky streams as there are legally.

I think he comes unstuck against Wilder, Fury and Haye. He wont get near Fury to display that k.o power imo. Haye would tie him up and make it an inside fight. Wilder, probably beats Joshua but probably the best 1 out of the 3 that joshua has a chance against.

59 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

I think he comes unstuck against Wilder, Fury and Haye. He wont get near Fury to display that k.o power imo. Haye would tie him up and make it an inside fight. Wilder, probably beats Joshua but probably the best 1 out of the 3 that joshua has a chance against.

I'd have to throw Wladimir into the mix as well, he's old but I think Joshua would have a very hard time getting past his jab and up close Wlad will get him into a bear hug. Luis Ortiz also would be an extremely dangerous and competitive fight, and I'd throw Joshua Parker into the mix, very young and untested but very fast handed for a heavyweight with a lot of power. I'd love to see that latter fight. 

• Like 1

Â