General Chat

Stevo985

no its not a fox, its a cat - i've seen him there.

Same thing in the gf's garden. Must be a Welsh thing.

well my little terraced house has a garden full of stone chippings - so the thing probably thinks its a litter tray.

brick n bag it will be then - someone in work suggested to me get some lions piss. Now, I appreciate the difficulty of the suggested cat piss above ^^^^^

but lion piss.... someone is taking it, I think

Tilt-shift photography

tennis.jpg

That's a real tennis match, not a model.

Those are really cool. Well, they are to somebody who had never heard of or seen tilt-shift photography until half an hour ago anyway.

I have been looking around google at it too as I thought I might find a nice titl-shift picture for my desktop wallpaper. I didnt find anything I liked, but I did find tiltshiftmaker.com which can kinda turn regular photos into tilt-shift photos. I did the one of Villa Park that I'm sure everybody who visits this website has seen a hundred times.

16hj9t3.jpg

I'm sure if you spent a bit of time playing with the settings of how quickly the blur comes in and such (there are several sliders you can adjust) then it could look pretty good. I just picked my settings at random.

Applying the tilt-shift effect to Van Gogh paintings:

tilt-shift-van-gogh-starry-night-detail.jpg

Starry Night, 1889

tilt-shift-van-gogh-the-harvest-detail.jpg

The Harvest, 1888

tilt-shift-van-gogh-starry-night-over-the-rhone-detail.jpg

Starry Night over the Rhone, 1888

tilt-shift-van-gogh-sunset-wheat-fields-near-arles-detail.jpg

Wheat Fields Near Arles, 1888

tilt-shift-van-gogh-pont-de-langlois-detail.jpg

Pont de Langlois, 1888

more

Appears an ex-VT'er is in the audiance of question time tonight and has a question primed and ready to go

Lees hope he took care with his spelling when he wrote it down :winkold:

Back to cats

I **** hate Cats, I also can't stand Starlight Express, Grease, Chicago and Dirty Dancing.

I had the privilege of going to see Dirty Dancing at the theatre with my gf and mom...what a load of crap. There were people dancing in the aisle and one bloke thought he'd be the clown and run up and down, jumping around over-excitedly.

Not going again, EVER.

Oh ****, Sayeeda Warsi is on Question Time, this'll see my blood pressure spike.

Charles Clarke's done well so far though, never realised he had his head screwed on so well. Must be the wingnuts on the side of it.

Was just thinking the same thing about Clarke

Just keep thinking he looks like an old johnny Vegas and I keep expecting to see a monkey on his shoulder

Warsi screeches a bit but she just got a pretty good round of applause

Warsi I just hate. She seems able to use rhetoric like a sledge hammer, without any nuance. She appears unable to... well, think. She just toes the Tory line with terminal intensity. You could replace her with a big blue anchor with the latest Tory line on it and have done. It'd be quieter and achieve as much and be substantially less annoying.

And you say Tony she got a good round of applause but she's twice been flummoxed by a question and just replied with 'TORY TORY TORY' screeching, and also got the biggest couple of derisory gasps I've heard on QT. And deserved them too.

Clarke just seems to be sensible... I appreciate that. He also hasn't just waded in with the Labour rhetoric which I appreciate even more.

EDIT - Go the woman that told Warsi she wanted to finish!

Oh ****, Sayeeda Warsi is on Question Time, this'll see my blood pressure spike.

Charles Clarke's done well so far though, never realised he had his head screwed on so well. Must be the wingnuts on the side of it.

I'm trying to work out which is bigger one of Charlie Clarke's lugholes or Warsi's gob.

Edit: I don't think it's even close, tbh. :P

I think if she breathed in deeply we could say goodbye to the hall they're in, put it like that.

Is it just me who thinks she's actually a bit thick too? She relies on the crutch of the party line a little too much, her train of thought appears to be

Question - Answer = Party Line

with a sort of automation that suggests she's not really even thinking about it. A couple of times she has had to think she just repeats herself like a broken record for a while she searches the tory index for the appropriate rebuttal.

She also has another method which appears to be

Question - search Tory index for rebuttal - answer not found - answer vaguely related question as a post script to following phrase 'I'll come to your question but first...' - hope David Dimbleby doesn't notice and don't answer first query.

I know all politicians do it but **** me it's like a robot doing it with her.

Â