General Chat

Stevo985

If that mine was full of white men in some english speaking country, they'd have got out long ago and healthily compensated at that.

Meh. Hope they're grand.

You sure about that?

There's a limit to how fast you can drill through rock.

This rescue is two months ahead of schedule, I doubt anyone could have done anything differently.

If that mine was full of white men in some english speaking country, they'd have got out long ago and healthily compensated at that.

Meh. Hope they're grand.

You sure about that?

There's a limit to how fast you can drill through rock.

This rescue is two months ahead of schedule, I doubt anyone could have done anything differently.

1) We let other countries mine, after all the only decent resource to come out of Britain in the past 30 years was the internet.

2) They had to drill down through a lot of rock, and that takes time. You;ve gotta do it delicately otherwise they'll all die.

3) Our health and safety laws are much stricter than Chile's so an incident similar to this would have in all likelihood not have happened. H&S is a nuisance sometimes, but a lifesaver others.

I'm convinced that you would've seen a significantly faster process if the men in the mines had lawyers and a right to millions of pounds of compensation.

But **** it, lets just hope they get out safe. The Chileans have done well with the resources they have so far.

Yet it took 8 days to drill through 12m of rock to reach these guys.

You're VASTLY over estimating our ability to cut through rock. Drilling causes heat, heat causes drills to break. You have to go slow.

Do you think that we'd somehow have discovered some faster way to drill through rock or something? Or do you think the Chileans are just sitting around on their asses half the time before going "maybe we should get to doing a bit more drilling?"

I'm convinced that you would've seen a significantly faster process if the men in the mines had lawyers and a right to millions of pounds of compensation.

But **** it, lets just hope they get out safe. The Chileans have done well with the resources they have so far.

Yet it took 8 days to drill through 12m of rock to reach these guys.

You're VASTLY over estimating our ability to cut through rock. Drilling causes heat, heat causes drills to break. You have to go slow.

Do you think that we'd somehow have discovered some faster way to drill through rock or something? Or do you think the Chileans are just sitting around on their asses half the time before going "maybe we should get to doing a bit more drilling?"

Well it wasn't the Chileans doing the drilling either.

There were 3 drills going at the same time (incase one broke they wouldn't have to start again).

I believe two were being drilled by Americans and one was an Australian rig shipped over. It was the Americans who got through first.

Wondering how to respond..

With an apology?

Agreed. In all seriousness, just send her a quick one back apologising for the noise and promising to make an effort to keep it down in the future.

And if you ever have a party or anything in the future then give her a warning about it out of courtesy.

Better to keep your neighbours on your good side I've found.

Spot on advice. Better to fall out with anyone but your neighbours.

THat bank advert where yer one goes isa isa baby ......I either wanna ride her and punch her in the kidneys or just punch her square in the face and knock her spark out ...

Thoughts should stay just that huh?

Not at all. Donkey punch FTW! :thumb:

Meh. Hope they're grand.

All the miners are guaranteed to have to never work again.

In addition to the compensation they will be getting, there are already various multi-million pound book, film & tv deals on offer to them.

Â