General Chat

Stevo985

Back on the walking home theme. I didn't do it, but my housemate and one of his mates walked back from our Summer Ball in Leeds. It was about 17 miles according to Google Maps (although they took a few shortcuts across fields but mostly stuck to the roads, so maybe round down to 16 miles)

They said they'd do it before hand and we didn't believe them. But they did. Took loads of photos to document the journey and everything. Considering we were partying until about 5 am, which is when everyone left to go home, it's quite an achievement.

Whats the etiquette in applying for a job via email?

By normal post it'd obviously be CV and cover letter, however a couple that have caught my eye have the only contact detail as email, so do you just write out the cover letter as the email?

I know that sounds fairly stupid but I've always considered email a slightly less formal method and somehow using an email as a cover letter doesn't quite seem right. But then neither does the more stupid attaching a cover letter as a seperate document.

Whats the etiquette in applying for a job via email?

By normal post it'd obviously be CV and cover letter, however a couple that have caught my eye have the only contact detail as email, so do you just write out the cover letter as the email?

I know that sounds fairly stupid but I've always considered email a slightly less formal method and somehow using an email as a cover letter doesn't quite seem right. But then neither does the more stupid attaching a cover letter as a seperate document.

In my experience, a two-line email introducing yourself and then CV and cover-letter as attachments is preferred. When it comes to printing out - you don't want an email header obscuring the cover letter.

In my experience, a two-line email introducing yourself and then CV and cover-letter as attachments is preferred. When it comes to printing out - you don't want an email header obscuring the cover letter.

Cheers... I did have a suspicion that might be whats done but neither seems perfect somehow.

Â