General Chat

Stevo985

500x_burrisduo.jpg

Photos surface of CFL quarterback Henry Burris

In sports, everyone is a winner-some people just win better than others. Like CFL QB Henry Burris, photographed wearing a bra, with a woman who's not his wife. Oh, and the pictures fell into the hands of the fanbase he spurned.

One of Temple University's most accomplished quarterbacks (not saying much, I know), Burris drifted around Canada, Europe, and a couple cups of coffee in the NFL before finally finding his stride with the Saskatchewan [Roughriders]. But after a successful 2004 season, he bolted for Calgary, turning down the Roughriders' offer. He's forever hated in Regina, so that's why it was bad news for him when these photos started turning up on Roughriders message boards.

Burris went the only possible explanation route: it was a prank, you guys! I don't actually like to dress up in women's underwear, even if that's the only way to get with the redhead!

"It was a birthday prank my friends ran on me," said Burris. "They blindfolded me and threw a bra on me. Then I took it off and surprise. Next thing I knew, it was that. I don't know why people are just getting them now. It was back in June."

He claims his wife knows all about this, which, well, I'm sure she does now. Saskatchewan fans have taken to Photoshop, replacing the woman in the photos with the Roughriders' mascot Gainer, as well as Burris' top WR target on the Stampeders.

With the season two-thirds over, and Calgary holding off Saskatchewan by a game for first place in the West, October 17 should be an interesting day. That afternoon, Burris and the Stampeders travel to Regina. Think there'll be a run on bras at Lane Bryant before the game?

Oh for a photo of Milner and Barry wearing lingerie...

And that's your bag is it....? ;) haha, it would be hilarious, all we've got is that picture of Milner suffering a spot breakout.

As a spin off discussion, how far are your commutes to work? Anyone beat 43miles each way?

186 miles each way but to be fair, I only do it once a week (there on a Monday, back on a Friday).

Close! 42 each way. :) I'm going to go via the shop now just to beat you :)

What's the furthest anyone has walked home? 11 miles is mine, when I was hammered after a night out. I walked along an A-road, and it took me (incredibly) 2 hrs 45 minutes. I only commute 11 miles to work which was in the same town :D

I'm still amazed how I wasn't run over, I remember staggering from one side of the road to the other.... I woke up feeling like my throated had been violated (which I really hope it hadn't) with a porcupine inside my head, a tongue like sandpaper, mud all up my trousers, and 20 quid more than the 100 quid I went out with :L

What's the furthest anyone has walked home? 11 miles is mine, when I was hammered after a night out. I walked along an A-road, and it took me (incredibly) 2 hrs 45 minutes. I only commute 11 miles to work which was in the same town :D

I have done Birmingham city centre to Sutton Coldfield (By Good Hope Hospital) a few times in various states, walked up the train track as I figured this was kind of straight (ish) and safer (I was 15 ish at these times). It can't be that dangerous at 4.00am.

Another one I walked (I think 5 miles, caught a bus at 6am, walked 3 more, and reached home. That was the night after we drew 0-0 with Spurs away last season, last memory I remember until waking up tangled in kids play equipment 5miles outside Worcester :L

I'm still amazed how I wasn't run over, I remember staggering from one side of the road to the other.... I woke up feeling like my throated had been violated (which I really hope it hadn't) with a porcupine inside my head, a tongue like sandpaper, mud all up my trousers, and 20 quid more than the 100 quid I went out with :L

sounds like you'd been selling blowies on the side of the road. :)

sounds like you'd been selling blowies on the side of the road.

:lol: It sounds exactly like that. In fact I think that's the only possible explanation.

Rover appeared to get there act together for the 75.

I know a guy at work that is keeping his well beyond the usual 3 / 4 year cycle because its the car he's enjoyed the most.

I'll let you into a secret the reason the 75 was good was because it was made by BMW .

I just upgraded the spec of my Rover 75 by adding heated electric front seats.

Probably the best and most comfy car I've ever had after the P5B, and its diesel so good on juice, over 50MPG on a run. Not bad for a 2 litre.

No way would I swap it for any of the new "all loook the same" motors

Be warned though Rob parts for the 75 are becoming increasingly harder to get , i work for Colliers one of the last dealers around that still gets parts for Rovers and before you ask no i wont give you discount bitch :lol:

I'm being grossly misrepresented here! I am 99% sure I wasn't handing out "2AM roadside blowjobs" and the dirty trousers were NOT on the knees! It was modcalf high the dirt and I remember I got dared a bit of money I wouldn't do something (I think) and I very vaguely remember going by a cashpoint at one point. And I think the sore throat may have been from copious amounts of cheap vofka :D

What's the furthest anyone has walked home? 11 miles is mine, when I was hammered after a night out. I walked along an A-road, and it took me (incredibly) 2 hrs 45 minutes.
I once set off in the small hours - very drunk - from a party in Keighley, to walk home to Headingley (Leeds); at least 15 miles, probably twice that, the way I was weaving.

After walking for some unknown time, it dawned on me it was going to be a long walk, so I flagged down a taxi. I pulled out the small amount of cash in my pocket and said "Take me towards Leeds until that runs out".

He was really good, and took me well beyond the point the clock ran out, dropped me within a couple of miles from home - which I staggered comfortably.

Cheers fellas. I'll have a think about it... the total is only just over 20 quid too. Gr.

You don't have much luck with cards do you Chindie :winkold:

Unlikely they'll sting you for import duties if it's only just over £20. I have heaps of stuff sent over from the US and Canada and it usually has to be nearer £50 for them to bother. At £20 it's too much hassle for them as the money they'd make back will be negligible. I think sometimes it's just down to luck though. I just received a package from Canada yesterday and it clearly stated on the export manifest on the envelope that the contents were $200 worth but it didn't get stopped for import duties.

Holy ****, it's raining hard here.

Probably not as hard as this

A train of tropical moisture along a frontal boundary continues to batter the East Coast with heavy rain, flooding and gusty winds.

Millions of people are in the path of the storm, and major flood concerns exist for every state from the Carolinas to Maine.

Already, the heavy downpours helped contribute to breaking a rain record set by Hurricane Floyd in Wilmington, North Carolina. The city has seen over 22 inches of rain since Sunday.

Today, the heavy rain and high winds are marching through Upstate New York and New England.

The Rain Train from the Pacific to Europe, so the rain you're getting is probably the same as the rain I'm getting...

No, I'm sure you're right Levi. I've never seen any rain as torrential in Britain as I have in the US.

But I still got soaked at lunchtime. The shoes I thought were my non-leaky pair... weren't. :(

Â