General Chat

Stevo985

Right now, I'm sweating, during presentations, if I go out, watching Villa etc.... I sweat so much, don't know how to stop it. Armpit, hands, rarely ever face though.

Showering regularly might help, you filthy beast. :D

Life is so boring without people. All at Uni, most of them at Aber!!! About 7/8 I think. Makes me want to go there but not a fan of most of the courses.

I have 1 friend remaining, well I have others but they aren't people I like go to their houses or go out with them really unless there's a load of us.

Thankfully the friend is a Villa fan, plays tennis and has a membership at club we're starting to pay half each to use, mostly vs each other.

So yeah, depressing, but that's the story of me and my 1 friend.

I'll have 3 soon though. Fifa and Football Manager.

why go to the same uni as your current friends. Surely one of the reasons is to meet new people.

I was on this for a while mate, have to say the most depressing part of my working life so far. You get raped in terms of work and then when you actually start to know what your talking about and whats really happening by being able to read between the lines youll see theres no bloody future in it for the next 5 years. Withdrew in the end and just carried on in the role I had.

Hmm... it's the only thing thats jumped out at me with my degree... I think I've got to try really.

Not holding out much hope mind.

what degree did you do? I did public policy & government management with the aim of doing this graduate scheme so ive had to revise my plans quite a bit!

Life is so boring without people. All at Uni, most of them at Aber!!! About 7/8 I think. Makes me want to go there but not a fan of most of the courses.

I have 1 friend remaining, well I have others but they aren't people I like go to their houses or go out with them really unless there's a load of us.

Thankfully the friend is a Villa fan, plays tennis and has a membership at club we're starting to pay half each to use, mostly vs each other.

why go to the same uni as your current friends. Surely one of the reasons is to meet new people.

I deliberately chose a university that (I thought) none of my mates were going to - although it turned out one of them did. I didn't hang around with him that much though, as I definitely wanted to meet new people.

what degree did you do? I did public policy & government management with the aim of doing this graduate scheme so ive had to revise my plans quite a bit!

Political studies, basically a straight up interpol course.

I've no idea what I'm gonna do for work really, having a bit of a scattergun approach currently, but was kinda hanging a lot of hope on this scheme.

Did it ever come in handy?
Only in the sense that when I - much later - got an I.T. job at a university (i.e. the job I'm still in) a degree was a requirement. Any degree.

Otherwise, no, but history remains one of my major interests.

Did it ever come in handy?
Only in the sense that when I - much later - got an I.T. job at a university (i.e. the job I'm still in) a degree was a requirement. Any degree.

Otherwise, no, but history remains one of my major interests.

Yeah, a degree is always going to come in handy.

I just find it amusing that most people I know who went to uni end up with jobs that have nothing to do with their qualifications.

I just find it amusing that most people I know who went to uni end up with jobs that have nothing to do with their qualifications.

they do a degree in sleeping in late and making 1 shandy last 4 hours in a pub ?

It's when they leave Uni and have no money, no significant job experience and a rather large debt or two to pay off, they have to settle for whatever job they can get to make their way. I only know a few people who's current job relates to their Uni courses and they are doctors/lawyers/accountants.

Because I'm extremely comfortable with my friends, we all understand each other and some of them have been my best mates since I was 4/5. I like being comfortable, I like my friends, I don't see any reason to change.

Â