General Chat

Stevo985

Keepy-uppy was an obsession when I was a kid. Most of us had quite an impressive record too IMHO. Over the 600 mark IIRC. Proves keep-uppies are no pointer towards footballing genius though. Being able to outrun most people as a winger and being a decent goalkeeper were my only virtues - so I switched codes :)

if your lucky ME there may be an offer on getting tickets for both matches, especially the way our attendances have gone this season!

I hate hearing about bad attendance but if it works in my favor then I can invite more people to go!!!!!

215 is my keepy uppy record (same as my Bowling record incidentally)

Absolute fluke, never got near it since (again, same as my bowling record incidentally!)

I remember clearly my record....a day out with mates, playing wembley, waiting for others to get through, still 7/8 left.....was about 12. Started doing keepy uppy's.....was on 297 and then mate comes over and thought it'd be a laugh to just completely barge me.

Don't think I've ever tried to beat it since. It was a sad, sad, sad day. I've never forgiven him. I was on for a huge score, nothing was stopping me. Then in a second, it was over. I cried. :cry:

I know why it's usually hillbillies that go on about seeing strange stuff in the sky. Because the rest of us keep it to ourselves for fear of being deemed utterly mad. I saw something that I flat out can not explain. I'm not a hillbilly, I was not even remotely drunk and I have perfect vision plus it was daylight. It's quite frustrating knowing that a) you'll never really know what it was and that B) even broaching the subject with anyone will get a healthy mixture of ridicule and skepticism. I know this because it's exactly what I would do in their (your) position. So the easiest thing is to simply keep it to myself. Which I have only just now failed to do :? Frustrating.

I know why it's usually hillbillies that go on about seeing strange stuff in the sky. Because the rest of us keep it to ourselves for fear of being deemed utterly mad. I saw something that I flat out can not explain. I'm not a hillbilly, I was not even remotely drunk and I have perfect vision plus it was daylight. It's quite frustrating knowing that a) you'll never really know what it was and that B) even broaching the subject with anyone will get a healthy mixture of ridicule and skepticism. I know this because it's exactly what I would do in their (your) position. So the easiest thing is to simply keep it to myself. Which I have only just now failed to do :? Frustrating.

Chinese lantern

what's more frustrating is you not giving us the details as to what you saw after tantalisingly dropping a 'hint' and leaving it hanging. :P

Definitely not a Chinese lantern :lol: And MrWeed, out of a desire to not be labelled totally mad, I'm afraid I won't be explaining it. It was more a comment on the fact that if this does happen (and it did), you actually rather annoyingly have nowhere to turn and pretty much have to keep it to yourself or people put up pictures of men wearing tinfoil hats :lol:(cheers Chindie. I assure you that no aspartame died in the run-up to the unexplained observation)

Â