General Chat

Stevo985

Oh, and take your time before posting, then you don't have to regularly edit them. :)

Sorry, Joe Kryten, that is what is sometimes viewed as having 'second thoughts'.

Unfortunately, that requires someone to have a thought in the first place ( alien it appears to the likes of you).

Reconsidering something, might mean something else...

Did it ever come in handy?
Only in the sense that when I - much later - got an I.T. job at a university (i.e. the job I'm still in) a degree was a requirement. Any degree.

Otherwise, no, but history remains one of my major interests.

Yeah, a degree is always going to come in handy.

I just find it amusing that most people I know who went to uni end up with jobs that have nothing to do with their qualifications.

That's true of pretty much every liberal arts (esp. History, the languages, etc.) major out there.. an degree in those fields is basically just proof that you can think reasonably well.

Are there statistics on the net anywhere of like how many people get a job because of their degree or in that area of what they studied for? It'd be interesting to know.

I still think a fair few people go to Uni for the sake of it, to be honest, I am really but you only live once and all that. I've got plenty of years of my life to waste doing most likely a boring job might as well do something interesting while I'm young.

Are there statistics on the net anywhere of like how many people get a job because of their degree or in that area of what they studied for? It'd be interesting to know.

I still think a fair few people go to Uni for the sake of it, to be honest, I am really but you only live once and all that. I've got plenty of years of my life to waste doing most likely a boring job might as well do something interesting while I'm young.

I do - but out of those I'm still in contact with who I graduated with, I'm the only one. Most have gone into teaching or post graduate study.

Anybody watch University Challenge last night? All arts team v. all sciences team. Artists won hands down (and yes, there WERE a lot of science questions).

No real suprise

A lot of general knowlege comes from reading of which Arts students tend to do more.

(Basing this argument on someone I know who did very well on the programme, who is very well read but who has never entered a quiz/pub quiz in their life)

Â